joedol
joedol
Joined: Mar 7, 2019
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 76
June 13th, 2021 at 4:50:36 PM permalink
Just checked into the NYNY and did a quick survey of the floor. Only one table paying 3-2 at a $25 min,
Only two players. You wouldn't believe the idiots playing 6-5, I'm going to clean up and give it a shot,
I'll also be making fun of the 6-5'ers.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 190
  • Posts: 1635
June 13th, 2021 at 5:06:26 PM permalink
Quote: joedol

Just checked into the NYNY and did a quick survey of the floor. Only one table paying 3-2 at a $25 min,
Only two players. You wouldn't believe the idiots playing 6-5, I'm going to clean up and give it a shot,
I'll also be making fun of the 6-5'ers.



Thatís nothing compared to the people who play any kind of game like infinite blackjack Iíve got to deal with people splitting 20 and below as well as doubling soft 20 for shits and giggles
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 106
  • Posts: 5157
June 13th, 2021 at 7:23:11 PM permalink
Quote: joedol

Just checked into the NYNY and did a quick survey of the floor. Only one table paying 3-2 at a $25 min


Honestly? That's one more than I expected (outside of a high roller room, at least) at a Strip casino. How many decks?
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1172
June 13th, 2021 at 7:48:20 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Thatís nothing compared to the people who play any kind of game like infinite blackjack Iíve got to deal with people splitting 20 and below as well as doubling soft 20 for shits and giggles



None of which affects you in the slightest.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 190
  • Posts: 1635
June 14th, 2021 at 4:37:42 AM permalink
Quote: sabre

None of which affects you in the slightest.



Yeah there is nothing not a single person could do to convince me otherwise when they are for sure taking the cards that would bust the dealer.

And I love it when people say this because you are most likely a counter that is banking on the fact that EVERY card taken out affects the probabilities of something happening in the next hand, yet conveniently at times like this when someone says something like I did you want to bring up the law of large numbers. Are the probabilities of me getting specific hands increasing or decreasing?

By the way why would it be a -EV play if I take the card Iím not supposed to yet if someone else takes my card itís still not a negative EV play?

I absolutely understand why but I want to hear it from you
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1172
June 14th, 2021 at 8:21:27 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap


By the way why would it be a -EV play if I take the card Iím not supposed to yet if someone else takes my card itís still not a negative EV play?



It's not your card they're taking. They're taking a piece of paper, and the dealer then just gets another piece of paper. It's irrelevant whether the dealer gets the next card or the 5th subsequent card out of the shoe. The expectations are the same.

When you make a decision on your hand you alter the expected return of your hand. That's why taking the card "you aren't supposed to" alters your expected return. When another player subsequently takes a card "they aren't supposed to" it has zero effect on your hand and zero effect on the dealer's final expected total.

Cards are paper until they're flipped over. If you know the value of a card then it's no longer paper.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3015
June 14th, 2021 at 11:39:29 AM permalink
When the cards are flipped over they are constructed out of a different substance?
joedol
joedol
Joined: Mar 7, 2019
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 76
June 14th, 2021 at 12:10:00 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Honestly? That's one more than I expected (outside of a high roller room, at least) at a Strip casino. How many decks?


Looked to be 8 to me.
neverquitwhenup
neverquitwhenup
Joined: Jul 27, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 28
August 15th, 2021 at 7:27:53 AM permalink
Since games are never watched its actually one of the best places to play.

  • Jump to: