Lovecomps
Lovecomps
Joined: Aug 12, 2018
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 185
February 9th, 2019 at 1:19:05 PM permalink
Hello. A buddy of mine wants to take a guys trip to Vegas. He's ruled out the strip because there's not really anything to see that we haven't seen before. We've seen the fountains, the pirate shows and white tigers, and just about all the other big stuff and he wants some old time Vegas.

I was hoping that someone could give me an up to date review of the D. The posts here about them and the on the travel site reviews are typical -"the place is horrible" and "I loved it."

They have a player card/club but it seems to have one tier and I thought that it used to be two.

They have a substandard website in my opinion. If there's a link for their hosts (if they have any) then I can't find it. There's also a room that they won't show on the website. What's the deal with that?

Are the comps good and what will they give up front for a high four or low five digit line of credit?

I personally like the GN wth the pool and the resteraunts, but you don't need it for a guys only trip.

So, how about a few recent reviews and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
The best things in life are not free.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 357
  • Posts: 6459
February 9th, 2019 at 1:43:45 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

Hello. A buddy of mine wants to take a guys trip to Vegas. He's ruled out the strip because there's not really anything to see that we haven't seen before. We've seen the fountains, the pirate shows and white tigers, and just about all the other big stuff and he wants some old time Vegas.

I was hoping that someone could give me an up to date review of the D. The posts here about them and the on the travel site reviews are typical -"the place is horrible" and "I loved it."

They have a player card/club but it seems to have one tier and I thought that it used to be two.

They have a substandard website in my opinion. If there's a link for their hosts (if they have any) then I can't find it. There's also a room that they won't show on the website. What's the deal with that?

Are the comps good and what will they give up front for a high four or low five digit line of credit?

I personally like the GN wth the pool and the resteraunts, but you don't need it for a guys only trip.

So, how about a few recent reviews and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.




I know too many "D" sycophants who worship Derek Stevens and that, in and of itself, has put me off of the "D"
www.EpicEsquire.com
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
Joined: May 3, 2016
  • Threads: 55
  • Posts: 1432
Thanks for this post from:
mcallister3200aceofspadesdjatc
February 9th, 2019 at 1:47:52 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

Hello. A buddy of mine wants to take a guys trip to Vegas. He's ruled out the strip because there's not really anything to see that we haven't seen before. We've seen the fountains, the pirate shows and white tigers, and just about all the other big stuff and he wants some old time Vegas.

I was hoping that someone could give me an up to date review of the D. The posts here about them and the on the travel site reviews are typical -"the place is horrible" and "I loved it."

They have a player card/club but it seems to have one tier and I thought that it used to be two.

They have a substandard website in my opinion. If there's a link for their hosts (if they have any) then I can't find it. There's also a room that they won't show on the website. What's the deal with that?

Are the comps good and what will they give up front for a high four or low five digit line of credit?

I personally like the GN wth the pool and the resteraunts, but you don't need it for a guys only trip.

So, how about a few recent reviews and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.



If you go to the D, make sure to tell the midget british accent casino manager that looks like a rat as well as the dyke woman in HL with half her head shaved off that theyre idiots and theyll never get rid of me.

To answer your question. Golden nugget is probably your best bet downtown and the Fremont St experience as well as the zip lining thing. Outside of casinos go check out the Mob Museum.

Spoiler alert: Mob still runs this townx except now they're in corporate now and have gaming in their pocket.
Any private business open to the PUBLIC (ie. droned out casinos) cannot have a criminal trespass enforced against an individual without GOOD CAUSE (Disruptive or Disorderly conduct). You will never go to prison for being thrown out of a casino for legal advantage play and then returning because it's simply unconstitutional 'as applied' to the individual. 'As applied' constitutional issues must FIRST be raised in DISTRICT COURT (trial court) to have it thrown out. You CANNOT raise it on APPEAL This is the best kept secret in the world of casinos not just in Vegas but everywhere in the country. Thank me later.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 290
February 9th, 2019 at 2:09:22 PM permalink
There are several posts here complaining about how LOUD the casino music is -- to the point that players and dealers can't even hear each other. They say they can handle it for around an hour then have to escape to the relative "quiet" of Fremont St. I've only walked in the D to look around the casino and the sound didn't bother me. Still, if nightclub levels of noise aren't your cup of tea, you might want to consider another base camp.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1172
  • Posts: 19678
February 9th, 2019 at 2:18:10 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

If you go to the D, make sure to tell the midget british accent casino manager that looks like a rat as well as the dyke woman in HL with half her head shaved off that theyre idiots and theyll never get rid of me.



Hate speech. Since this is a new rule and first hate speech violation, I won't Martingale the sentence. Three-day suspension. Please note this does not reset the Martingale count either. You are due for two months the next time.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 6130
February 9th, 2019 at 3:21:41 PM permalink
Count me in the camp of “Too Loud”. There is even a performance stage on Fremont just outside their doors.

Until Circa opens, I would think high 4 / low 5 figure players would have two choices: the GN and the California (as it was recently remodeled). If you want the old tyme Vegas experience, consider the El Cortez or Golden Gate.
Reigning WoV “Jeopardy” champion Snidley Whiplash: I love to lurk. It's so me
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 95
  • Posts: 12842
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPen
February 9th, 2019 at 3:23:54 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Count me in the camp of “Too Loud”. There is even a performance stage on Fremont just outside their doors.

Until Circa opens, I would think high 4 / low 5 figure players would have two choices: the GN and the California (as it was recently remodeled). If you want the old tyme Vegas experience, consider the El Cortez or Golden Gate.



I'd put in an old-time vote for 4 Queens. I think they do a good job.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
Joined: Aug 12, 2018
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 185
February 9th, 2019 at 4:18:01 PM permalink
Well, after half a dozen responses (and one suspension) nobody had anything nice to say about the D. That's a good answer in of itself.
The best things in life are not free.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 2866
February 9th, 2019 at 4:33:24 PM permalink
I stayed at the D once and it was a nice room, although I didn’t pay for it. Gaming is limited, pool was good but cold because it was on the roof. When I stay downtown I prefer GN.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
Joined: Sep 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 368
February 9th, 2019 at 5:03:07 PM permalink
the D has adequate rooms. It's perfectly suitable for a bunch of dudes going to Vegas. I don't know your age or how you and your friends like to party, but I would have to agree with everyone that the D is way too loud and too crowded at night. I feel like I'm in a crowded club on busy weekends that is way too loud and smoky. For a high 4-digit, low 5-digit line of credit, you can probably do better than the D. The Golden nugget is much better.

  • Jump to: