HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 8th, 2011 at 4:11:22 PM permalink
Hello. I'm currently staying at Excalibur. Other than my usual gambling activites, I've seen Thunder From Down Under, LOVE, and Phantom. I'm thinking about seeing Frank Caliendo tonight. Anyone see him yet and have any reviews? Any other suggestions as to what shows you would recommend before I leave tomorrow?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
February 8th, 2011 at 4:29:50 PM permalink
First of all, sorry you're staying at Excalibur.

Jersey Boys - I've heard great things.
Blue Man Group - Some people like it, I'm kinda neutral.
David Copperfield - Because Penn & Teller aren't on tonight, he's next best choice.
Terry Fator - If you like puppets.
Peepshow - If you like naked women.
Frank Caliendo - If you like impressions.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
February 8th, 2011 at 5:28:57 PM permalink
My wife and I saw Frank Caliendo in December. We were totally underwhelmed. His vocal impersonations were very good, but it seemed as if he had completely lost interest in having a coherent "act." If you are interested in a one-man show, I give much higher recommendation for Terry Fator.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 8th, 2011 at 5:44:37 PM permalink
Rita Rudner, if you like her brand of clean humor.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
clarkacal
clarkacal
  • Threads: 42
February 8th, 2011 at 6:10:22 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Hello. I'm currently staying at Excalibur. Other than my usual gambling activites, I've seen Thunder From Down Under, LOVE, and Phantom. I'm thinking about seeing Frank Caliendo tonight. Anyone see him yet and have any reviews? Any other suggestions as to what shows you would recommend before I leave tomorrow?

Blue Man group at the Venetian is fun. If you really are a hot blonde you might get picked to go up on stage and eat twinkies with them!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 8th, 2011 at 7:58:19 PM permalink
Yeah, I did not want to stay at Excalibur but my friend was the one who booked the room and she wanted to save money. I'm currently a Tier II MGM Players Club card holder so when it comes to money I'm a bit more liberal. I've always been a sport about not being disappointed about staying in a not so nice hotel by telling myself that when I'm sleeping it makes no difference.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
February 8th, 2011 at 8:09:07 PM permalink
You're running out of time. What show are you going to?!?!?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 9th, 2011 at 2:07:22 AM permalink
So I took a nap cuz I was exhausted from staying up till 5am the night before and being hung over so by the time I got up from my nap it was too late to catch Frank Caliendo :( . Even though I had read the above review from "Doc", I think it was, in regards to the show not being too spectacular, I was still interested. I decided to walk over to MGM Grand and decide on the way whether I wanted to see David Copperfield or Ka. Since the Ka tickets were more expensive and I had already bought pricey tickets to see Phantom the other night I decided to go with David Copperfield.

It was good, but I wouldn't say mind-blowing. I had a seat front row and center. This was good cuz I got to high-five him at the end of the show but honestly it was too close. I would recommend for anyone going to sit at least one row back. I do have to say I enjoyed the show due to the comedic parts of it. Unfortunately I wasn't mystified by his performance due to that guy on television who gives away magician's tricks (i don't remember his name) but I had several good laughs. The only big downer of the show were the couple of drunk loud people during the show who were being rude and loud and even heckling David. I was surprised none of the staff told them to be quiet or asked them to leave. To be honest these people took a lot away from my enjoyment of the show. I even turned around and yelled, "Shut up!" at one point to them!

I'm not going to have time tomorrow to see any more shows as I am planning on leaving around 5pm unless I win a lot of money, then maybe I'll stay one more night.

I read Michael Shackleford's review on Ka and he said that it was his third favorite show behind O and Mystere. I would probably want to see one of those next. I know at one point in time they werre doing a Michael Jackson tribute at, I think it was, the Hilton. I think that would be really great to see too but don't know if it's still going on.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 9th, 2011 at 6:33:32 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Unfortunately I wasn't mystified by his performance due to that guy on television who gives away magician's tricks (i don't remember his name)

That would be The Masked Magician, who has been played by a number of people. Wiki says the original was Val Valentino, if Breaking the Magicians Code is the TV programme you are referring to. Hosted and voiced over by Mitch Pillegi.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
February 10th, 2011 at 9:58:56 AM permalink
I agree about sitting in the front row at Copperfield. I did that once and definitely some of the magic was 'lost' down that close.
  • Jump to: