Thread Rating:

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 17th, 2011 at 8:20:06 AM permalink
As some of you may know, Caesar's Entertainment has been making changes to their Total Rewards and Reservations websites. I had assumed that the changes were cosmetic, but I just stumbled onto one HUGE improvement in functionality: The system now allows simultaneous reservations. I'm currently booked at Caesar's LV from 6/12 to 6/16, at Ak-Chin from 6/13-6/14, and at Rincon on 6/14. This is very handy for trip planning purposes, in addition to just being cool. (note: this does not work for hotels in the same market. I couldn't book at Rio in addition to Caesar's)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
May 17th, 2011 at 9:29:20 AM permalink
How are you planning on being in three states at once, and why is that a useful feature for a website to allow?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
7outlineaway
7outlineaway
  • Threads: 9
May 17th, 2011 at 10:26:13 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

How are you planning on being in three states at once, and why is that a useful feature for a website to allow?

More practically, Caesar's usually wouldn't let you make back-to-back reservations at different properties. It didn't matter whether you were using comps; you couldn't even do paid stays. You had to book one of the stays over the phone. Allowing one to do this online would certainly be an improvement.

Most hotel chains are happy to allow one person to use multiple reservations on the same night. Sometimes people do this to gain elite status or bonus point offers. Usually you have to at least physically check in to receive the points, so when this is done it's usually for properites close to each other.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 17th, 2011 at 10:50:15 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

I don't yet know about when I'll be traveling from LV to PHX to SD (and back to LV), but I will know by June. I'm worried that by June, I may be too close to my travel dates to get comped rooms. So now I can sit on my triple reservation and figure out later where I'll be on what night and unwind the reservations. I think it's nice to be able to layer in reservations. For example, I have the comped room at Caesars LV all week. But that comped room doesn't stop me from using other comped rooms if I leave town for a day and go to Laughlin. Or leave town for 2 days and go to San Diego via Phoenix.

And, as 7outlineaway pointed out, it's also nice to be able to now book consecutive stays at different properties. I suspect, though I do not know, that this feature may have helped Teddy when he stayed in Joliet and Council Bluffs on consecutive nights on his cross-country odyssey.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 17th, 2011 at 11:30:03 AM permalink
Good stuff, but not very practical since as someone said, not many are going to be booking concurrent reservations for the same time. (Your situation is unique). The more troubling thing is the ability to book back-to-back stays, or even stays within one night of each other in the same market. Coincidentally, I am having this exact problem as we speak here in Reno, because I want to book a stay in Tahoe after I'm done with Reno, but the TR system won't let me because it considers Reno & Tahoe the same market.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: