ProfessorApe
ProfessorApe
  • Threads: 6
April 11th, 2013 at 7:36:58 AM permalink
All,

A few months ago I made my first (and thus far only) visit to a CZR property in the midwest. I parked at a $15 blackjack table for about six hours, leaving about $1400 lighter in the wallet. I did get a TR card, and earned 175 credits.

I didn't think about it much until the past few weeks, when suddenly mailers started coming to the house. Since then I've been offered two different junkets to Tunica, plus all sorts of free play, food and room comps to midwest properties. I didn't expect so much to come out of a single session, but there actually is a lot of competition in the midwest now so I can see the aggressive marketing. However, of curiousity I jumped on the TR site to see what kind of rates I could get in Vegas.

I was very surprised to see that I was shown up to seven nights of comped rooms at every CZR property in Vegas save NOBU. And not just a basic room, the comps were available for several levels of upgrades depending on the hotel and the specific dates. Looking out 90 days, there wasn't a single night that I couldn't get a comped room somewhere.

Is there some sort of catch I'm missing? Or, as the thread title suggests, is this just setting the hook for a new customer?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 11th, 2013 at 8:01:16 AM permalink
You are correct in the title. Like us, they also gamble and while they list multiple room types, the odds are you will get the lower class room based on their "Room Type is Not Guaranteed" small print.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 11th, 2013 at 8:01:57 AM permalink
Hook. Normally that play would get you free rooms, but not that good of a free room. They are hoping there is more out of you than just that. If there isn't, you'll soon see the difference.
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
April 11th, 2013 at 8:14:36 AM permalink
Definitely a bit of a hook....however the CZR's properties in my experience are pretty aggressive with comped rooms. If you show any kind of decent play history at all, they are usually willing to put that carrot out there. They are cheaper with cash back/free slot play/food comps...than some other places. But at least for me always pretty generous with the room comps.

On a related note...it's been discussed here before; but the rating system for table games players at CZR's properties is guesswork at best. The floorperson puts in your buy-in and your "average bet" when you start playing. Then logs you out when you cash out or bust out, and presumably these numbers are fairly accurate. But I've seen some crazy results with my points/credits personally. Where I get way too much, or more annoyingly, no where near enough credit based on my play.

To sum up, it seems that the whims/attention of the pit personal have a lot to do with your rating. You may have been accidentally over-rated on your play, or had a overly generous pit person.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
April 11th, 2013 at 8:24:18 AM permalink
That's in line with everything I've experienced with TR, unless you're actually showing comped rooms available at Caesars Palace; I've never had that available as far as I know.

But in general, that's how TR comps work...crappy points, lots of free rooms.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
ProfessorApe
ProfessorApe
April 11th, 2013 at 8:39:24 AM permalink
I was surprised to see Caesars on there. OK, I can see Flamingo and Ballys, but wouldn't expect Caesars.

Then again, I haven't actually booked any nights yet. So there's no telling whether the rooms they show would actually be available.
whatme
whatme
  • Threads: 8
April 11th, 2013 at 10:44:29 AM permalink
Quote: ProfessorApe

Then again, I haven't actually booked any nights yet. So there's no telling whether the rooms they show would actually be available.

If it says comp you can book it within 15min plus you can book multiple trips I belive they must have 3 or 4 nights between them.

You should know the magic #4 when it comes to table play . If you play 4hrs or more in a session you will get better offers then 4hrs in a day witch will be better than less than 4hrs in a day.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 11th, 2013 at 11:19:40 AM permalink
As others have said the first offer is usually quite generous. Especially if you got rated for an $1400 actual loss...ugh. Hope your avg bet was more than $15, but given your Tier Score, I doubt it was too much more. :(

Also I think whatme is right, you could book multiple trips in quick succession as I think their website takes a few days to "catch up". But if you don't give them much future play, then other future offers would dry up very fast. Also since you are a Gold member, you'll be subject to their damn resort fees even if you are comped. So Caesars would cost $100 for 4 nights if they comp your room.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 11th, 2013 at 2:07:10 PM permalink
Look for the superscript numbers possibly indicating only one day is free. I have had rates showing this, but could only choose one day for the free room(losses only 1/7 of yours). If not, good deal.
I am a robot.
ProfessorApe
ProfessorApe
April 11th, 2013 at 2:38:46 PM permalink
Just poking around some more, and it seems up to five nights are comped, and for more than just the base room. For example, it offers comps on every room type at Paris short of a suite. Caesars, I can't really tell, since they have so many darned options and I don't know how the various towers compare - too confusing for me.

Anyway, the Mrs. was none too pleased with the big loss and now takes a dim view as to gaming. However, I have changed my betting strategy in a couple of ways since then. (Primarily not to bet while downing multiple Blue Moons, even if they were bought by my two new best friends from Georgia) I've come out ahead in three subsequent visits to other riverboats, so perhaps free rooms and a promise of a clear head will sway her back?

This will take some delicate work ...
  • Jump to: