AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 12544
March 5th, 2010 at 11:56:21 AM permalink
Caesars has those BJ tables with the hotties in skimpy outfits, I forget what they are called. Do they have differnet rules vs a similar limit table elsewhere in the casino? Also someone swore that a dealer 17 was a "dealer option" meaning the dealer could hit or stand at their discretion.

The last part seems to go against common sense gaming laws and business sense, but is it true?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
nyuhoosier
nyuhoosier
Joined: Feb 16, 2010
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 248
March 5th, 2010 at 12:17:05 PM permalink
The sad truth: If your blackjack comes with cleavage, you're usually paying for it. Many casinos in Las Vegas now have "pleasure pits" with worse rules for the gambler. The most common shortcoming is that a blackjack will pay 6:5 rather than 3:2. I do know of two places where you can see dancing girls in the pit without having to play 6:5 blackjack -- the Golden Gate downtown and Planet Hollywood.

As for the dealer option on 17, your friend must be mistaken. Dealers are compelled to play every hand the same way, and according to rules that are clearly stated on the felt. You will find tables where dealers hit on soft 17 and others where dealers stand on soft 17, but you will know that upfront.
Jumboshrimps
Jumboshrimps
Joined: Jan 11, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 70
March 5th, 2010 at 12:29:21 PM permalink
Yeah, at the "Pussy cat dolls" pit at Caesars, you can double down only on 10 or 11, if I recall correctly. And I must also say that I had a run of cards so bad there once that it almost suspended my generally non-superstitious nature. I'm talking HOURS of basic strategy play without a winning hand. I kid not.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 12544
March 5th, 2010 at 12:42:35 PM permalink
Quote: nyuhoosier


As for the dealer option on 17, your friend must be mistaken. Dealers are compelled to play every hand the same way, and according to rules that are clearly stated on the felt. You will find tables where dealers hit on soft 17 and others where dealers stand on soft 17, but you will know that upfront.



Thanks, I thought there was no way it would be some kind of dealers choice.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to avoid mixing cleavage and blackjack.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 2102
March 5th, 2010 at 12:55:34 PM permalink
You forgot to mention the higher limits. Yesterday when the tables in the main pits were $15/hand, the pussy cat doll place was $25. It's kind of amusing, all of the extra rules that restrict player play (6:5, double on 10/11, no surrender, etc) basically take over the table. Also, I saw someone there that... well... was butt ugly and not in any cleavage. Just look at the table rules early in the day when those tables aren't going - it gave me quite the laugh. It REALLY disappoints me how filled these tables are. Go to a titty bar it would probably be cheaper especially because these people tend to play sub-basic strategy.

On a funny unrelated note, I saw a guy putting down blacks just in the middle of the table at a craps game yesterday. I really hate watching that, since I know how the game should be played for best odds.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 12544
March 5th, 2010 at 1:18:06 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

You forgot to mention the higher limits. Yesterday when the tables in the main pits were $15/hand, the pussy cat doll place was $25. It's kind of amusing, all of the extra rules that restrict player play (6:5, double on 10/11, no surrender, etc) basically take over the table. Also, I saw someone there that... well... was butt ugly and not in any cleavage. Just look at the table rules early in the day when those tables aren't going - it gave me quite the laugh. It REALLY disappoints me how filled these tables are. Go to a titty bar it would probably be cheaper especially because these people tend to play sub-basic strategy.

On a funny unrelated note, I saw a guy putting down blacks just in the middle of the table at a craps game yesterday. I really hate watching that, since I know how the game should be played for best odds.



The fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
wildqat
wildqat
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 157
March 5th, 2010 at 2:24:44 PM permalink
Quote: nyuhoosier

I do know of two places where you can see dancing girls in the pit without having to play 6:5 blackjack -- the Golden Gate downtown and Planet Hollywood.


And if you want to do it, do it now, 'cause it's probably not going to last.
jpprovance
jpprovance
Joined: Jan 27, 2010
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 140
March 5th, 2010 at 2:57:25 PM permalink
last time i looked at the caesars pleasure pit it was 6-5 50min dd on 10and11 and hit on s17


so pretty much the worst tables ever


i thik hard rock sexy tables have decent rules cant recall them tho
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1399
  • Posts: 23633
March 5th, 2010 at 3:06:40 PM permalink
The Playclub pays 3-2 on a BJ, and has gorgeous women. However, when I was there the lowest minimum bet was $50, plus an entrance fee of I think $20.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 2102
March 5th, 2010 at 3:17:03 PM permalink
Quote: jpprovance

i thik hard rock sexy tables have decent rules cant recall them tho



I was lucky enough to have a friend in the area, and tried out a few casinos that I normally wouldn't have wanted to walk to (I'm a lazy person). I went to the hard rock, looked around... looked around some more... before I realized that the entire place sucked and I never wanted to go there again. Mind you, I'm the prime age that they're trying to appeal to and the place just annoyed me. Has anyone else had this experience?
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"

  • Jump to: