LostWages
LostWages
  • Threads: 38
April 20th, 2017 at 5:49:40 PM permalink
For as long as I can remember, the Cal and downtown never had a workout room or gym (except for the Golden Nugget). On our recent Apr 2017 trip, we made 2 worthwhile discoveries about the renovations at the Cal. 1. First, they renovated the entire pool deck on the 13th floor. It's a plus that the elevators bringing you to the 13th floor are also new high speed ones! If you get to the pool, you'll initially have a private pool to yourself until the word gets around, or until they open a bar (?). Free towels. Just need room key to access the area. No lifeguard. Not a lap pool, but decent enough to get wet and have fun with the kids (or the adults).

2. Second, right next to the pool is a small workout room. It's limited, but decent, and is open 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Can't beat that. Brand new bathroom. No room key access. TV. Roomy.

Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 20th, 2017 at 6:06:17 PM permalink
What was the water temp? Last time I was there (pre-remodel), it was 110 outside, but the water felt like 40. It was painfully cold. I wonder if that is just the effect of the water evaporating off my skin so quickly that it sucked all the heat as well?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
LostWages
LostWages
  • Threads: 38
April 20th, 2017 at 6:09:11 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

What was the water temp? Last time I was there (pre-remodel), it was 110 outside, but the water felt like 40. It was painfully cold. I wonder if that is just the effect of the water evaporating off my skin so quickly that it sucked all the heat as well?

The temp must have been just around 78-80 . . . I was still sporting a cold, so I dared not go in, but my body really wanted do a short gym workout, and then luxuriate in the pool. Was just a lucky warmer day than many! Will try to not get a cold next trip!
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
  • Jump to: