Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 30th, 2012 at 9:58:30 PM permalink
I survived my bobsled and skeleton run, and after a long, wife-imposed, self exclusion from extreme sports, I got the bug something awful.

So, when I hit Vegas in a few weeks, I want to take in some mania. I want to do the Fremont zip line for sure, not so much for the rush, but I want to get video of Vegas from that perspective. Any info on cost, how you reserve, what times they run? If you have it, I'd like all the info I'd need to get this squared away instead of just showing up and leaving it to chance.

Do they still let you jump off the Strat? Same thing, if you know, please inform me how. Last I knew it was around $100, but I don't know how or who you'd contact to arrange such an affair. This is high on the "must do" list and I have to say I'd be deeply saddened if it's no longer a possibility =(

And if you can think of anything you've heard about that made you say "no effing way", please let me know. Time and travel is an issue, so try to keep it in the greater LV/Henderson area, if you please. And as always, thank you for any help you may offer.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
January 30th, 2012 at 10:17:17 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I want to do the Fremont zip line for sure, not so much for the rush, but I want to get video of Vegas from that perspective.

You understand this is in Fremont, in old Vegas, there isn't that much to see.......

Quote:

Any info on cost, how you reserve, what times they run? If you have it, I'd like all the info I'd need to get this squared away instead of just showing up and leaving it to chance.

Last time I was there in December, they ran them all weekend, late into the night (11pm) Ok not really that late but you get the idea. It is like $15-35 depending on the time.

Quote:

Do they still let you jump off the Strat? Same thing, if you know, please inform me how. Last I knew it was around $100, but I don't know how or who you'd contact to arrange such an affair. This is high on the "must do" list and I have to say I'd be deeply saddened if it's no longer a possibility =(

DUH! Of course it's still there. They only opened this in April of 2010 (second to last time I was in Vegas).

See the link SkyJump Vegas
Dude, Google is seriously your friend.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
Face
Administrator
Face
January 30th, 2012 at 10:47:28 PM permalink
Quote: YoDiceRoll11

You understand this is in Fremont, in old Vegas, there isn't that much to see.......

I did not. But I think there were some here that are familiar with it. So to those, was it worth it?

DUH! Of course it's still there. They only opened this in April of 2010 (second to last time I was in Vegas).

Holy cats, friend. I'm a redneck from the Rust Belt, I don't know these things lol.

Dude, Google is seriously your friend.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, but convo with people that have done it or are around it all the time is better than Google, at least in my eyes. And rather than search the few things I can think of, I have people here that are aware of EVERYTHING there is to offer, including stuff that might not have crossed my mind (kinda like my skeleton run).

Thanks for the link. That hit the spot ;)
TheNightfly
TheNightfly
  • Threads: 23
January 30th, 2012 at 10:50:08 PM permalink
Although no really a "daredevil" experience, I would suggest taking a 'coptor ride to the grand Canyon. About $350 depending on the operator but I felt it was well worth it. A fun experience and a bit on the wilder side. You get to the airport almost right off the strip and it's a pretty easy in and out.
Happiness is underrated
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 30th, 2012 at 11:48:38 PM permalink
You want it?

You got it!

bootlegcanyon

Tell us how you liked it ...
"What, me worry?"
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
February 1st, 2012 at 4:42:50 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

You want it?

You got it!

bootlegcanyon

Tell us how you liked it ...

Ouch, $ 149 per their website ? I

t's been a long time since I went parachuting with a
fraternity brother, but how much could that be up to
now ?

I'm sure there must be some skydiving outfits in the
LV area.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Face
Administrator
Face
February 1st, 2012 at 5:03:50 PM permalink
Skydiving! Gotta look into that. But another condition may be that it's doable at dusk/night, since this is a business trip and I have daytime commitments. Strat is a go, gotta check into others. Thanks guys
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
February 1st, 2012 at 5:30:15 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Skydiving! Gotta look into that. But another condition may be that it's doable
at dusk/night, since this is a business trip and I have daytime commitments. Strat is a go, gotta check into others. Thanks guys

I don't know how many hours of instruction are required
if you to a tandem jump with an instructor.

But just to do a static line jump back then took 5 or 6 or
more hours of instruction. 90 % of that seemed like
"OK, this is what you have to do if ...fill-in the blank...
goes wrong".

So unless you have a weekend day available, this
idea might not work out with your schedule.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 1st, 2012 at 6:47:01 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I don't know how many hours of instruction are required if you to a tandem jump with an instructor.

But just to do a static line jump back then took 5 or 6 or more hours of instruction. 90 % of that seemed like"OK, this is what you have to do if ...fill-in the blank...
goes wrong".

So unless you have a weekend day available, this idea might not work out with your schedule.

Tandem jumping requires almost no instruction, and that's why it has replaced static line jumps for the thrill seeker. I have never heard of anyone getting hurt without both people being killed, so for the most part the guy on your back is in control. But anytime you are going up in an airplane you are subject to delays.

Vegas Indoor Skydiving is a little cheaper and more predictable wait times. A jet engine blows you into the air which causes weightlessness (or zero acceleration if you prefer).
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 2nd, 2012 at 11:09:50 AM permalink
There's a driving experience at the speedway... Exotics Racing. Among their many choices: A Lamborghini Aventador you can drive for a hundred dollars a lap.

(Supermodel not included)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Face
Administrator
Face
February 2nd, 2012 at 2:38:42 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

There's a driving experience at the speedway...

OH. MY. GOD...

Someone's been reading my diary ;)

Also, there goes my bankroll. Best use of gambling money ever.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
March 10th, 2012 at 1:28:05 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Tandem jumping requires almost no instruction, and that's why it has replaced static line jumps for the thrill seeker. I have never heard of anyone getting hurt without both people being killed, so for the most part the guy on your back is in control. But anytime you are going up in an airplane you are subject to delays.

Vegas Indoor Skydiving is a little cheaper and more predictable wait times. A jet engine blows you into the air which causes weightlessness (or zero acceleration if you prefer).

$5off coupon (note: Single Flight = $85.00 b4 coupon and only 3min long :(

Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
  • Jump to: