beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
  • Posts: 14267
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 14th, 2019 at 8:36:07 AM permalink
This subforum is for people to spread the news about good deals on food, attractions, hotels, promotions, and other tips. This subforum is in response to a user request for a single-stop place to look, especially time-sensitive offers. Good deal, guy!

Locals are especially encouraged to post to help out-of-towners find info prior to travel. Thanks in advance!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 411
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
March 14th, 2019 at 8:55:06 AM permalink
This is a great idea. I am gfoing to Las Vegas for four days 4/8 - 4/11 and was looking for more specific info about deals and promotions that might be ineffect during those days. I'll be lurking.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 14th, 2019 at 9:03:02 AM permalink
Great idea, and long overdue.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
kgb92
March 14th, 2019 at 9:09:37 AM permalink
Quote: racquet

This is a great idea. I am gfoing to Las Vegas for four days 4/8 - 4/11 and was looking for more specific info about deals and promotions that might be ineffect during those days. I'll be lurking.



I think it's easier to respond to requests that are a bit more specific. For example, if someone asks- I'm here for five days ,have a car and am looking for low stakes blackjack and good Italian food. That will get better responses than a generic I'm in town looking for great deals.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5050
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
March 14th, 2019 at 9:24:07 AM permalink
Lotus of Siam is the best Thai in the city!
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
Thanked by
boymimbokgb92
March 14th, 2019 at 9:35:06 AM permalink
Well known by most but the deals at Ellis Island on their BBQ are a great value within walking distance of the strip for the average tourist. And they brew their own beer at $2.50 a pint, cheaper during games.

They did add a play requirement but still incredibly cheap compared to strip pricing.

https://www.ellisislandcasino.com/dining.html

For the strip tourist looking for just cheap beer, Stage Door behind the Cromwell still offers $2 Corona’s 24/7 along with $2 Bud & Bud Light pint drafts. A mixed crowd but tourists are always a large part of the crowd there.
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy 
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 487
Joined: Sep 23, 2014
Thanked by
beachbumbabskgb92
March 14th, 2019 at 10:05:52 AM permalink
Quote: racquet

This is a great idea. I am gfoing to Las Vegas for four days 4/8 - 4/11 and was looking for more specific info about deals and promotions that might be ineffect during those days. I'll be lurking.



I know this is not a big secret, but in the case you haven't heard, buy the American Casino guide 2019 edition. It's VERY EV+ if you're staying downtown. It's only $12.76 if you have amazon prime, and it's free shipping (Disclaimer: I do not have any affiliation with Amazon or American Casino Guide and I'm not advertising for them. I just want to pass on a good deal to a fellow member). I did a mini trip with the fam 2 weeks ago (1 night on strip, and 1 night at the Cal), I used up a lot of their freeplays and match plays. I came up $60 just on DT LV alone.



Link to American Casino Guide:
https://www.amazon.com/American-Casino-Guide-Steve-Bourie/dp/1883768284/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=las+vegas+coupon+book&qid=1552582848&s=gateway&sr=8-3
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 113
Joined: Nov 18, 2009
Thanked by
SiegfriedRoy
March 14th, 2019 at 2:48:43 PM permalink
Coupon list
Map
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy 
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 487
Joined: Sep 23, 2014
March 14th, 2019 at 3:20:20 PM permalink
Quote: noy2222

Coupon list
Map



If I already used a freeplay/match play offer from ACG, can I buy the LVA and use a coupon that's same or similar with the same players card?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
Thanked by
Bozkgb92
March 14th, 2019 at 5:12:25 PM permalink
Add in the $7 steak and eggs at Ellis island but they charge a few bucks for coffee but it’s darned good for a brunch. And with the players card you can get a spin to win which yielded a free steak dinner last time.

And as always there is are lots of drug stores on the strip to buy your supplies much more reasonably than a strip convenience store. So for example you can get a 3L bottle of water and a couple of large snacks for under $10.

And of course if you have spare time investigate myVEGAS if you are staying in MGM properties which can yield you discounts or free buffets, selected Vegas shows, etc.

And for a nice brunch experience close to downtown try Eat.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
March 14th, 2019 at 5:54:26 PM permalink
Quote: SiegfriedRoy

Quote: noy2222

Coupon list
Map



If I already used a freeplay/match play offer from ACG, can I buy the LVA and use a coupon that's same or similar with the same players card?



yes unless it specifies new players only
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 14th, 2019 at 6:18:15 PM permalink
Some places will let you use both in the same session, others will say one a day.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 169
Joined: Feb 23, 2011
March 14th, 2019 at 6:26:51 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Some places will let you use both in the same session, others will say one a day.

Wife and I do both coupons at all casinos every year and we have never had a problem using them at the same time. Speaking of Ellis Island dont forget the free drink coupons.
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 113
Joined: Nov 18, 2009
March 14th, 2019 at 9:44:24 PM permalink
Quote: SiegfriedRoy

Quote: noy2222

Coupon list
Map



If I already used a freeplay/match play offer from ACG, can I buy the LVA and use a coupon that's same or similar with the same players card?



Yes.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
March 15th, 2019 at 2:52:38 AM permalink
Quote: mdh

Wife and I do both coupons at all casinos every year and we have never had a problem using them at the same time. Speaking of Ellis Island dont forget the free drink coupons.



We used the drink coupons last year but instead of beer we got their root beer. Wife talks about how good it is al the time.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 15th, 2019 at 5:11:50 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Well known by most but the deals at Ellis Island on their BBQ are a great value within walking distance of the strip for the average tourist. And they brew their own beer at $2.50 a pint, cheaper during games.

They did add a play requirement but still incredibly cheap compared to strip pricing.

https://www.ellisislandcasino.com/dining.html

For the strip tourist looking for just cheap beer, Stage Door behind the Cromwell still offers $2 Corona’s 24/7 along with $2 Bud & Bud Light pint drafts. A mixed crowd but tourists are always a large part of the crowd there.


Bratwursts there are literally very good.

Edit: At the stage door. Idgaf about Ellis island.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
SiegfriedRoy
March 15th, 2019 at 7:29:58 AM permalink
Quote: mdh

Wife and I do both coupons at all casinos every year and we have never had a problem using them at the same time. Speaking of Ellis Island dont forget the free drink coupons.



El Cortez, as an example, will not let you use the free play coupons from both on the same day.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 113
Joined: Nov 18, 2009
March 15th, 2019 at 12:23:10 PM permalink
There are no El Cortez coupons in The American Casino Guide 2019.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 1345
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
March 15th, 2019 at 2:07:50 PM permalink
Thanks, everyone, for all the helpful tips! I have a plane ticket to Vegas for August!

Ellis Island, here I come!
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 169
Joined: Feb 23, 2011
March 15th, 2019 at 9:37:59 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

We used the drink coupons last year but instead of beer we got their root beer. Wife talks about how good it is al the time.

This is what I should do because my wife does not drink. I end up downing 6 drinks in there in about 1 1/2 hours. We both get the acg and lva each but I never use both drink coupons.
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 169
Joined: Feb 23, 2011
March 15th, 2019 at 9:44:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

El Cortez, as an example, will not let you use the free play coupons from both on the same day.

I am showing that I won 11.25 in EC last year between us on the coupons but I didnt write down which book they were from. As mentioned ACG does not have any this year and I cant remember if they did last year.
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 113
Joined: Nov 18, 2009
March 16th, 2019 at 12:04:28 AM permalink
According to my records, El Cortez had just the LVA coupon since 2015.
Last edited by: noy2222 on Mar 16, 2019
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 16th, 2019 at 12:15:45 AM permalink
I don't buy either now that I live here. Someone gave me the 2018 one last year but I don't think I opened it.
I spent my first weekend in Vegas at the EC, thanks to a twofer in the ACG. Back then, they didn't have a players club, but if you hit a jackpot of $250 you got a certificate for three free nights.
Last edited by: billryan on Mar 16, 2019
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 233
  • Posts: 6628
Joined: May 8, 2015
March 16th, 2019 at 1:11:25 AM permalink
please delete
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
  • Jump to: