billryan
  • Threads: 244
August 15th, 2024 at 10:31:29 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: TigerWu

Quote: darkoz

The two posts below both by EB(he quoted himself) sound political to me.

Wizard said to press charges by letting him know. So...
link to original post

Interestingly, ams288 quoted that Tim Walz post, and the post immediately after that was Wizard suspending tuttigym, so Wizard had to have seen that post already.
link to original post

I'm a bit behind here, but, uhh, no.

The order the posts appear is based on the times they were posted, not how much of the thread the poster has read.
link to original post

I'm not sure what you're saying here.....Maybe I wasn't clear. The Tim Walz post by EvenBob was later *quoted* by ams288. Wizard posted a comment *immediately after ams' post.*

Therefore, Wizard had to have seen the Tim Walz post (as quoted by ams288), since that was the very last post made at the time before Wizard suspended tuttigym.
link to original post

That assumes that people read every post in a thread.
My wishes have not yet made it so, yet hopes spring eternal.
link to original post

If someone is moderating a thread, isn't it ridiculous not to read all the posts? Do you only examine the usual suspects?
I look for speeders but only pay attention to the red cars?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 15th, 2024 at 10:34:49 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: EvenBob

Yeah that's why you've been suspended multiple times and I have not. You have obviously no idea what a political statement consists of. If you did you wouldn't keep getting suspended. Duh
link to original post

Suspensions from January 2021 to August 2024:

EvenBob: 15
ams288: 2
link to original post

How many in the political thread. 0. Thanks for wasting all that time looking stuff up though I love wasting other people's time. LOL
link to original post

Evenbob and I are now tied with 1 suspension each emanating from the Election Betting thread.

😘
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
August 15th, 2024 at 10:53:28 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

Interestingly, ams288 quoted that Tim Walz post, and the post immediately after that was Wizard suspending tuttigym, so Wizard had to have seen that post already.
link to original post

The order the posts appear is based on the times they were posted, not how much of the thread the poster has read.
link to original post

I'm not sure what you're saying here.....Maybe I wasn't clear. The Tim Walz post by EvenBob was later *quoted* by ams288. Wizard posted a comment *immediately after ams' post.*

Therefore, Wizard had to have seen the Tim Walz post (as quoted by ams288), since that was the very last post made at the time before Wizard suspended tuttigym.
link to original post

link to original post

If someone is moderating a thread, isn't it ridiculous not to read all the posts? Do you only examine the usual suspects?
link to original post

If I'm looking for speeders, I may only notice the cars going way too fast.
These donuts don't eat themselves, you know.
May the cards fall in your favor.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 15th, 2024 at 10:56:38 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Evenbob and I are now tied with 1 suspension each emanating from the Election Betting thread.
😘
link to original post

His braggadocio certainly didn't age well.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Wizard
August 15th, 2024 at 12:18:48 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I was paying attention to the elections thread, reading every post, giving guidance on what was allowable and giving leeway during the Biden age crisis and the Trump assassination attempt because those were historic events clearing affecting the "election odds." But all that time I was firmly disallowing partisan posts.

Wizard returned from being away from 'full-time' involvement in the forum and began paying attention to the Elections Odds thread. He decided to intervene - and I fully support his decisions - because he was unhappy with what the thread had become. I then dropped back to observe and learn what Wizard's expectations were - which is part of the reason I didn't suspend EvenBob for the Walz post. Again, I fully support Wizard's decisions - to a large extent my job as moderator is to perform in a manner that is consistent with the Wizard's policies and philosophy about how the job should be done.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 243
August 15th, 2024 at 12:45:01 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I'd say it depends on the thread. Some threads get "hot" and need almost every post read. Others you could scan.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
Thanked by
rawtuff
August 16th, 2024 at 9:07:45 AM permalink
As a mod, I would definitely only respond if someone flagged a post. Then I would go to the thread and ban 3 or 4 people. The first person who asked me why, I'd ban them also. Then I would request gold bars for commutation of their sentence.
Sanitized for Your Protection
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
August 16th, 2024 at 1:27:50 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

As a mod, I would definitely only respond if someone flagged a post. Then I would go to the thread and ban 3 or 4 people. The first person who asked me why, I'd ban them also. Then I would request gold bars for commutation of their sentence.
link to original post

If you were a Mod, you would ban people just for asking why people got banned? That seems VERY... I will not say the word I want to say beause I don't want to get suspended myself, but these emojis will convey what I want to say. 😵‍💫☢️
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 11
August 16th, 2024 at 1:56:13 PM permalink

link to original post

Hangin' judge!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 16th, 2024 at 3:20:27 PM permalink

link to original post

I don't think moderators are allowed to solicit bribes.
billryan
billryan
August 16th, 2024 at 6:12:57 PM permalink

link to original post

I like the cut of your jibe.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 17th, 2024 at 4:21:52 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I believe this is not true. I am pretty sure bribes are allowed. I have vague recollection of Mike even encouraging them?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 17th, 2024 at 5:16:08 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

link to original post

I believe this is not true. I am pretty sure bribes are allowed. I have vague recollection of Mike even encouraging them?
link to original post

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I'VE BEEN LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE???
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
August 17th, 2024 at 5:26:06 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I will start the bidding. i will offer $10 to have a member banned for 7 days.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 17th, 2024 at 5:35:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

(ahem)

Two points.
This isn't the Suspension Bidding thread.
Reserve not met.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
August 17th, 2024 at 7:41:41 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

(ahem)

Two points.
Reserve not met.
link to original post

I may be cheaper than Dieter.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
August 17th, 2024 at 9:32:31 AM permalink
It's fairly easy to miss a post

when you are posting simultaneously with someone else, or nearly so, you may assume that your post was next after the last post you read. You can even post before your read everything, and forget you didn't read them all, see your post and it is the last one, not prompting you to investigate

You can also fail to notice you need to go to the next page, and the site will assume you don't need to see those posts you didn't actually see
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 239
August 17th, 2024 at 9:37:23 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

(ahem)

Two points.
Reserve not met.
link to original post

link to original post

which Mod has the best deal on getting someone permanently banned from here and Diversity too_____________?

and is there a multi-person discount__________?

the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 17th, 2024 at 9:48:53 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

(ahem)

Two points.
Reserve not met.
link to original post

link to original post

which Mod has the best deal on getting someone permanently banned from here and Diversity too_____________?

and is there a multi-person discount__________?

link to original post

I'm not on DT, so it's not me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 243
August 18th, 2024 at 9:32:45 AM permalink
FREE EB!

He has done his time
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Nathan
Nathan
August 29th, 2024 at 7:54:33 AM permalink
Mdawg and Darkoz Suspensions end today. 💡
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
rxwine
rxwine
August 29th, 2024 at 9:35:07 AM permalink
A suggestion to make the mods life easier but would have to be implemented by programmers.

When any post or topic goes awry, give the mods the ability to make the post and series of related posts invisible, and instead make appear a simple statement visible that says “Under Review”. That would help stop all the untoward action, but the post would still be there to be reinstated and mods could review the topic or offense more carefully if they need to in their own time, and issue violation penalties in their own time.

So my post would look like…BELOW.

-
-
-
…UNDER REVIEW…
-
-
-
Nathan
Nathan
August 29th, 2024 at 10:59:15 AM permalink

A suggestion to make the mods life easier but would have to be implemented by programmers.

When any post or topic goes awry, give the mods the ability to make the post and series of related posts invisible, and instead make appear a simple statement visible that says “Under Review”. That would help stop all the untoward action, but the post would still be there to be reinstated and mods could review the topic or offense more carefully if they need to in their own time, and issue violation penalties in their own time.

-
-
-
…UNDER REVIEW…
-
-
-
link to original post

Good idea, but I suggested something similar for Zenking when he was doing his explosive rants and my suggestion went absolutely nowhere. Hopefully your idea does way better than mine did. 💡🤔
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
Thanked by
Wizard
August 29th, 2024 at 11:22:16 AM permalink
Most of moderator decisions on objectionable posts are immediate, and if there is review by other moderators then it occurs afterward. The delay in objectionable posts is simply caused by moderators not seeing the posts immediately after they have been posted.

It is our general policy not to remove posts from the forum, even if they are insulting or hate speech. However, doxxing violations are indeed removed or censored as soon we see them.
rxwine
rxwine
August 29th, 2024 at 2:07:08 PM permalink

Most of moderator decisions on objectionable posts are immediate, and if there is review by other moderators then it occurs afterward. The delay in objectionable posts is simply caused by moderators not seeing the posts immediately after they have been posted.

It is our general policy not to remove posts from the forum, even if they are insulting or hate speech. However, doxxing violations are indeed removed or censored as soon we see them.
link to original post

It’s not removing them. They aren’t deleted. You can make them visible again. (In my scenario). It’d be a like a post on the site right now that was made invisible years ago. You could make it visible if for some reason the FBI shows up or the Secret Service, or Tom Cruise MI agent.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 123
August 29th, 2024 at 5:00:20 PM permalink
My previous suspension before my last suspension was for 7 days yet somehow got marked 14 days in the little block for a digit or two. I was suspended for 30 days based on that 14 days number which was inaccurate. I think another poster mentioned 14 days when I was suspended for 7 days and that didn't make sense to me since it was 7 days, like the poster was trying to elongate my sentence. I was only gone for 7 days that time, not 14 days. But this time I was banished for 30 days based on that erroneous 14 days markup. The offending thread that has caused countless suspensions has been closed and I declare that all suspensions from that thread should be declared null and void and any stupid Martingale that was applied rescinded to everybody. I thought we got rid of the Martingale awhile back, I'm perturbed that it's returned. Most of the things I get thrown out for are just bad reasons for moderators to act badly, like they were scalping people for not being of the political persuasion they are or are betting on heavily. When I first started on the internet decades ago, most posters (95%) were right wing trolls of the MAGA variety long before MAGA existed. I obviously don't agree with them about much of anything, but they fail to see fault with their point of view and find nothing but faults in my points of view, so it's biased either way. But when moderators hold those views, which they must given their behavior, I become a super easy target for suspension. So I'm going to stop posting for the most part here because it's a hostile post place. I'll stay logged in and lurk but I'm not going to be the first one to respond to anything like I've been doing for 6 years straight. I'm going to have to pick my posts and you may see a reduction of over 90% of my new posts going forward. I'm not saying I'm out of material or not geared up to post, but the moderation is a total abomination over and over and over, and I don't need any more of it.
Maybe I'll be back at tax time if I have some large winnings I need to confirm to the IRS and I'm just winging it. I've got enough gaming to do at home and locally to keep me busy but 1 million people a day are getting COVID and in 2 weeks it could be 10 million a day. I just got my new COVID shot today.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 29th, 2024 at 5:20:18 PM permalink

-
-
-
…UNDER REVIEW…
-
-
-
link to original post

To make sense, this would seemingly have to be part of a programmatically structured moderator workflow.
This concept has historically been rejected, as far as I can recall.

Then, there are two major questions. Metaphorically, "Do you like this flavor of juice?" and "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"
It doesn't matter what the price tag says if I think the wristwatch isn't stylish.

Honestly, the egregious cases are the ones likely to invite some form of censorship. The marginal cases are the ones that might require review and discussion. Painting the blinders on a barely offensive post doesn't seem to make sense to me.

As often as we regret it, most mods' PM's are mostly open.
Copy the permalink address and drop a note.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 30th, 2024 at 6:56:16 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

My previous suspension before my last suspension was for 7 days yet somehow got marked 14 days in the little block for a digit or two. I was suspended for 30 days based on that 14 days number which was inaccurate. I think another poster mentioned 14 days when I was suspended for 7 days and that didn't make sense to me since it was 7 days, like the poster was trying to elongate my sentence. I was only gone for 7 days that time, not 14 days. But this time I was banished for 30 days based on that erroneous 14 days markup. The offending thread that has caused countless suspensions has been closed and I declare that all suspensions from that thread should be declared null and void and any stupid Martingale that was applied rescinded to everybody. I thought we got rid of the Martingale awhile back, I'm perturbed that it's returned. Most of the things I get thrown out for are just bad reasons for moderators to act badly, like they were scalping people for not being of the political persuasion they are or are betting on heavily. When I first started on the internet decades ago, most posters (95%) were right wing trolls of the MAGA variety long before MAGA existed. I obviously don't agree with them about much of anything, but they fail to see fault with their point of view and find nothing but faults in my points of view, so it's biased either way. But when moderators hold those views, which they must given their behavior, I become a super easy target for suspension. So I'm going to stop posting for the most part here because it's a hostile post place. I'll stay logged in and lurk but I'm not going to be the first one to respond to anything like I've been doing for 6 years straight. I'm going to have to pick my posts and you may see a reduction of over 90% of my new posts going forward. I'm not saying I'm out of material or not geared up to post, but the moderation is a total abomination over and over and over, and I don't need any more of it.
Maybe I'll be back at tax time if I have some large winnings I need to confirm to the IRS and I'm just winging it. I've got enough gaming to do at home and locally to keep me busy but 1 million people a day are getting COVID and in 2 weeks it could be 10 million a day. I just got my new COVID shot today.
link to original post

If your desire is to express your political views with anger and contempt for your political opponents then I agree that you should find other forums in which to do so. WOV is simply not the place to express partisan political views - and we have told you that over and over again.

You have been suspended 7 times in the first 7 months of this year - most by me but including suspensions by Dieter and by Wizard. Prior to this year, you were suspended 5 times in 2023 for hijacking and political speech. Your last three suspensions (all in July 2024!) by me for partisan political speech were way over the line - they were not marginal cases, not even close. Your repeated violation of the "controversial speech rule" has approached the level of willful defiance; you have made it quite clear that you have no intention to obey our rule that forbids partisan political speech. The length of your last suspension was based in large part on your track record for disrespecting our rules.

Go into any other moderated forum where political speech is forbidden and try violating their rules 12 times in 19 months and I suspect you'll gain some much-need perspective on what an "abomination" the WOV moderation is.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
RogerKintSOOPOOCalderodiousgambit
August 31st, 2024 at 10:16:02 AM permalink
C.Change obviously you're capable of coherent on topic posts.

So then all the bizarre off topic posts where you get suspended for highjacking, are deliberate? If so, you can't really blame the mods for stacking infractions against you for at least those types of posts.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
August 31st, 2024 at 2:22:14 PM permalink
You, MDawg, had a multi-year thread where almost everybody got suspended several times to the point of them leaving this forum for good. Fortunately you can see some of them at the other forum that shall not be named because naming it draws a suspension.

For the mods, after years of suspending people for even the mention of just the former President's name and then having a betting thread where we're allowed to go on about his criminal ways and over 30,000 confirmed lies and get suspended for it, it's an attractive nuisance.

In other news, X/Twitter has been banned in Brazil and anybody using a VPN to access it faces a 50,000 Brazilian Real daily fine, which is way more than most people's yearly income. Sources say other countries and continents could follow suit.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Aug 31, 2024
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
August 31st, 2024 at 3:39:53 PM permalink

You, MDawg, had a multi-year thread where almost everybody got suspended several times to the point of them leaving this forum for good. Fortunately you can see some of them at the other forum that shall not be named because naming it draws a suspension.

For the mods, after years of suspending people for even the mention of just the former President's name and then having a betting thread where we're allowed to go on about his criminal ways and over 30,000 confirmed lies and get suspended for it, it's an attractive nuisance.

In other news, X/Twitter has been banned in Brazil and anybody using a VPN to access it faces a 50,000 Brazilian Real daily fine, which is way more than most people's yearly income. Sources say other countries and continents could follow suit.
link to original post

Boy, I wish I could respond to the above.

tuttigym
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 93
August 31st, 2024 at 3:49:16 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Go ahead
Do it
Who cares about suspensions
It's nice to take a break
If I had something to say that's suspendable, I'd say it
Right now nothing comes to mind :-)
As far as I'm concerned, this forum has gotten boring
This is the only interesting thread
Everything else is meh

Anything interesting in the Vegas is covered by Vital Vegas or Jacob Orth
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 31st, 2024 at 3:58:51 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Go ahead
Do it
Everything else is meh

link to original post

OK terapined, you convinced me.

1. Political Science is all about who can lie and spin the best to convince the uninformed and undereducated.

2. "30,000 lies"? State them all.

3. Lastly, how do those "lies" affect you directly CC or anybody?

tuttigym
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2024 at 4:12:37 PM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Go ahead
Do it
Everything else is meh

link to original post

1. Political Science is all about who can lie and spin the best to convince the uninformed and undereducated.

tuttigym
link to original post

1 I took political science in college. It's about studying differing governing systems
2 ?
3 Not much in this country will change after Nov. Each side predicts disaster which is totally absurd. It's hard to change anything in this country
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
August 31st, 2024 at 4:12:40 PM permalink
I deleted Fox News from my channel lineup when they went to Bermuda instead of caring about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 31st, 2024 at 4:17:10 PM permalink

I deleted Fox News from my channel lineup when they went to Bermuda instead of caring about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
link to original post

Does anybody watch TV news?
Your life has to be totally boring to put on Fox or MSNBC
I'm surprised anybody watches this junk
Youtube and Netflix rule
Also Balatro
37 wins baby. Going through the tough green stakes right now. Greatest poker game ever invented
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
August 31st, 2024 at 4:26:22 PM permalink
I could watch Judge Judy but I found her offensive.
YT Comment from yesterday's posted show: All of that for the Judge to say “case is dismissed”. I feel like I wasted my valuable time listening to this nonsense.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Aug 31, 2024
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 31st, 2024 at 4:36:04 PM permalink

link to original post

CC has been suspended (dozens?) of times for hijacking threads. I find it quite ironic that the following is posted DIRECTLY in the discussion about suspensions thread!

Because nothing says WoV suspension like cost of being fined in Brazil from using Twitter….
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 31st, 2024 at 6:25:35 PM permalink

Because nothing says WoV suspension like cost of being fined in Brazil from using Twitter….

Don't bring interesting current events into this yammering.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 1st, 2024 at 4:07:35 PM permalink

link to original post

1 I took political science in college. It's about studying differing governing systems
2 ?
3 Not much in this country will change after Nov. Each side predicts disaster which is totally absurd. It's hard to change anything in this country
link to original post

1. Academically, you are correct, but the reality is what I stated above.
2. & 3. Crickets

These questions were for CC, and I do not expect any responses that would be meaningful.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 1st, 2024 at 4:09:42 PM permalink

link to original post

So, how in the world could you have any knowledge of "30,000 lies"?

tuttigym
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 1st, 2024 at 4:56:43 PM permalink
The discussion seems to be veering away from suspensions.

I'd rather not offer something topical to discuss at the moment.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 11
September 1st, 2024 at 5:31:48 PM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

The 30,000 are well sourced and available as public source for all who search. Linking to them would earn a suspension for prohibited topics. I am willing to PM to anyone who wants them.

Any takers?
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ChumpChange
September 1st, 2024 at 10:22:17 PM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

How in the world does anybody have this knowledge you ask? 🤔
ROTFL
Yea that question was meaningful say last century
Where have you been????????????
Live in a bunker with no internet????????????
Everybody walks around with the entire human races knowledge in our hip pocket.
I googled just for fun
It ain't even close to 30k
He's blown way way way past that number lol
30k was 3 1/2 years ago.
Maybe 50 to 60k by today. Who knows. Maybe he broke into 6 figures. 6 figures is a lot but truthfully it would not surprise me. We should be betting on this. Over or under on 6 figures.
Check it out yourself. The world's knowledge is just a Google away :-)
By the way, I prefer my tutti with some frutti via Little Richard

terapined ( yea signing my name like tutti because I guess we like to see our handle twice in a post. Once aint good enough right tutti. Lower case t rules)
Last edited by: terapined on Sep 1, 2024
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 1st, 2024 at 10:55:58 PM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

ROTFL
I googled just for fun
30k was 3 1/2 years ago.
Maybe 50 to 60k by today. Who knows. Maybe he broke into 6 figures. 6 figures is a lot but truthfully it would not surprise me. We should be betting on this. Over or under on 6 figures.

terapined ( yea signing my name like tutti because I guess we like to see our handle twice in a post. Once aint good enough right tutti. Lower case t rules)
link to original post

Hijacking.
3 days.
billryan
billryan
September 2nd, 2024 at 5:51:07 AM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

ROTFL
I googled just for fun
30k was 3 1/2 years ago.

link to original post

Hijacking.
3 days.
link to original post

I'm not questioning the suspension, but how is it hijacking a thread to answer a question asked in the thread? Wouldn't the question be the point where thread was hijacked? I'm asking for a friend.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
RogerKint
September 2nd, 2024 at 7:54:40 AM permalink

Hijacking.
3 days.
link to original post

I'm not questioning the suspension, but how is it hijacking a thread to answer a question asked in the thread? Wouldn't the question be the point where thread was hijacked? I'm asking for a friend.
link to original post

See, this is topical, because it's a question about a suspension.

If you'll look back in the thread history, just a few posts ago, you can see where a moderator was noting that the discussion was going off topic. Now that moderator is a muttonhead, and didn't use explicit words like "caution", "warning", or "can it before I ban it", but I believe the intent is reasonably clear.

One additional brief off-topic post followed shortly afterwards. Maybe it was being slow typed at the same time as the moderator's notice, maybe not.

The offending post that got a ban was significantly later, significantly longer, and seems to be a deliberate continuation of an ongoing thread derailment.

"He never died when I stabbed him before" is not, in my opinion, a viable defense.
billryan
billryan
September 2nd, 2024 at 1:20:51 PM permalink
He was dead when I stabbed him seems like a legitimate defense. It just seems like a reasonable person could accept the couch was on fire when he lay on it.
RideTheEdge
RideTheEdge 
  • Threads: 2
September 2nd, 2024 at 3:21:25 PM permalink

He was dead when I stabbed him seems like a legitimate defense. It just seems like a reasonable person could accept the couch was on fire when he lay on it.
link to original post

If he was already dead when you stabbed him, then you are guilty of attempted murder.
billryan
billryan
September 2nd, 2024 at 4:08:13 PM permalink
Quote: RideTheEdge

link to original post

If he was already dead when you stabbed him, then you are guilty of attempted murder.
link to original post

Mutilation of a corpse. Class 4 Felony in Arizona. With no priors, you might do a year. "I was removing his tattoo so his family could bury him in sacred ground."
  • Jump to: