Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
SOOPOOCalder
February 4th, 2024 at 3:42:37 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The racism is definitely in the last sentence. Black people are often told they don't belong somewhere.

Lots of people get told that. Her race was not mentioned.

Quote:

Black, white, Jewish. If someone German says to a Jewish driver when he is nearing E on his gas tank, "you need to get gassed", sorry but there is going to be a different sentiment than if that is said to a person of different nationality or race regardless of the innocent intent.

Do they say "you need to get gassed" in Germany? In the USA you say, "Looks like you need to get some gas."

Quote:

Likewise white people need to be SENSITIVE to what they say to black people. All people of one race, nationality etc need to be sensitive to these or face the consequences.

That statement is racist on your part, yet you do not realize it at all.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
February 4th, 2024 at 3:47:17 PM permalink
Seems a first time poster got thrown out in 10 minutes flat, in the suspension thread, like right here right now.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
February 4th, 2024 at 3:49:59 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Seems a first time poster got thrown out in 10 minutes flat, in the suspension thread, like right here right now.
link to original post

Well, between the duplicate account, personal insults, and duplicated posts...

Yeah.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 4th, 2024 at 3:50:58 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

Yeah.
link to original post

I was wondering who it was. They knew about things from many years ago but brand new account.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
February 4th, 2024 at 3:51:10 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The racism is definitely in the last sentence. Black people are often told they don't belong somewhere.

Lots of people get told that. Her race was not mentioned.

Quote:

Black, white, Jewish. If someone German says to a Jewish driver when he is nearing E on his gas tank, "you need to get gassed", sorry but there is going to be a different sentiment than if that is said to a person of different nationality or race regardless of the innocent intent.

Do they say "you need to get gassed" in Germany? In the USA you say, "Looks like you need to get some gas."

Quote:

Likewise white people need to be SENSITIVE to what they say to black people. All people of one race, nationality etc need to be sensitive to these or face the consequences.

That statement is racist on your part, yet you do not realize it at all.
link to original post

It seems you live in a racist society and Don't realize it at all.

Anyway you will not only continue to make the same mistakes but insist on your righteousness in doing so.

And so the cycle of racism goes on.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
February 4th, 2024 at 3:51:37 PM permalink
What REALLY upset me the most about Billryan's insulting and offensive post to me was the "I really wish you weren't here,."part. Like, that was beyond uncalled for, insulting, and offensive, especially since Billryan and I didn't really "Speak," to each other, we've been neutral towards each other, I remembered Billryan being a normal, decent Poster, and out of complete left field, he suddenly said he wished I wasn't here. Like,"Where did THAT come from?"
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 4th, 2024 at 3:59:56 PM permalink

Anyway you will not only continue to make the same mistakes but insist on your righteousness in doing so.

link to original post

I realize it. We have colleges fighting to use race as a criteria for admissions. Same with private companies in hiring and promotion but less blatant.

Also have colleges getting rid of standardized tests because they do not believe blacks can do as well on them as whites.

I just want everyone to be treated the same.
darkoz
darkoz
February 4th, 2024 at 4:03:08 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

What REALLY upset me the most about Billryan's insulting and offensive post to me was the "I really wish you weren't here,."part. Like, that was beyond uncalled for, insulting, and offensive, especially since Billryan and I didn't really "Speak," to each other, we've been neutral towards each other, I remembered Billryan being a normal, decent Poster, and out of complete left field, he suddenly said he wished I wasn't here. Like,"Where did THAT come from?"
link to original post

I also seem to recall Bill being less caustic years ago.

He came at me so hard at one point on this forum that I did something rare for me and cursed him out in a similar manner to your BBB rant and took the suspension. (He isn't a mod so it was just 7 days or maybe it was 2 weeks. I can't remember now)

Bill just got unsuspected a week ago for calling MDawg the D-word.

So you probably expect more when he returns.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
February 4th, 2024 at 4:05:20 PM permalink

link to original post

There are many reasons people could have for wishing you weren't here your
socks come to mind.

There are people that wish I wasn't here I won't name any names (Coughgordon)

People get to choose who they like and who they don't just as you do.
You don't like BBB and it's okay you are free to do so.

Concern yourself with those who like you and not with those who don't.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
February 4th, 2024 at 4:08:09 PM permalink
We never really know how many complaints the mods get each day concerning potential suspensions of other members by members who have a complaint to lodge. It could be everybody everyday. And BillRyan telling you that could have been a precursor or after the fact complaint to a mod about you about just anything, or it could have been a modless statement just to you that would have been seen by mods just the same.
darkoz
darkoz
February 4th, 2024 at 4:08:38 PM permalink

link to original post

I realize it. We have colleges fighting to use race as a criteria for admissions. Same with private companies in hiring and promotion but less blatant.

Also have colleges getting rid of standardized tests because they do not believe blacks can do as well on them as whites.

I just want everyone to be treated the same.
link to original post

That's a fantastic sentiment.

But it seems you never mention that except in context of white people being mistreated.

Where is your condemnation of females receiving less pay for the same work?

Where is the condemnation of police targeting people of color based solely on their color, even in places like NYC where judicially it was determined police were stopping and frisking people simply because they were black?

I also want everyone to be treated the same. We have to start with the OTHERS first. Yelling that you are upset white people are being mistreated doesn't actually come off as wanting everyone treated the same when you happen to be white.
rainman
rainman
February 4th, 2024 at 4:12:44 PM permalink

link to original post

I also seem to recall Bill being less caustic years ago.

He came at me so hard at one point on this forum that I did something rare for me and cursed him out in a similar manner to your BBB rant and took the suspension. (He isn't a mod so it was just 7 days or maybe it was 2 weeks. I can't remember now)

Bill just got unsuspected a week ago for calling MDawg the D-word.

So you probably expect more when he returns.
link to original post

There ya go get the fear going Big bad bill is coming to get you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxqcWhym9U
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
rainman
February 4th, 2024 at 4:22:55 PM permalink
Gordon opined as Gordon opined; I can’t imagine that anyone disputes that the three days is justified. Nathan deserves to post here, regardless her posting history, predicated on the fact that Wizard said Nathan should be allowed to post here.

At worst, I find Nathan generally harmless; at best, I find Nathan somewhat comical—sometimes her posts are deliberately comical; other times, comedy might not be the intent of the post.

Nathan was banned for nearly five years, I believe. If Nathan’s detractors are right, then she’ll likely be Nuked again in short enough order; if Nathan’s detractors are wrong, then they can simply ignore her.

We all know our fellow actors and we’ve all memorized our scripts, by now. Let’s just put on the play and try to enjoy ourselves.

Is this the first of Nathan’s casualties? People just always getting banned for stuff said to/about Nathan. History repeats.

I can officially welcome you back, Nathan! Some things never change.

That’s not to make fun of Bill, of course. I can accept that Gordon thinks it’s a bad optic, but naturally, I don’t think Bill’s statement was at all gender, race or mental disability motivated. I’ll have to get this next collectible article out and give BillRyan and I something to talk about; I always enjoy his insights.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
rainman
February 4th, 2024 at 4:23:25 PM permalink
Billryan often has a rather abrupt manner even when he doesn't have a beef with someone. But that's precisely why I'm going to defend him here. I don't see it as anything special that he rubbed someone the wrong way even when he didn't mean to, much less when he does that we need to attribute a special cause like race and gender.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 4th, 2024 at 4:31:18 PM permalink

You would have to show me where this is happening. And explain why the EEOC has not done anything about it. I suspect by "same work" you may mean "comparable worth" which is NOT the same work but a concept some people have made up to say the office secretary deserves the same pay as the service rep who goes out in the field. Or you do not account time taken off work in a career.

Quote:

Where is the condemnation of police targeting people of color based solely on their color, even in places like NYC where judicially it was determined police were stopping and frisking people simply because they were black?

I think you are talking about profiling. Proper profiling is not "solely on skin color." It is about looking for people and things out of place to prevent crime. In such a case they are not going to target the older black woman who is quietly shopping. But they will watch a group of young black males in a store they would not normally shop and behaving in ways that mass shoplifters behave. That is simply good police work.

Quote:

I also want everyone to be treated the same. We have to start with the OTHERS first. Yelling that you are upset white people are being mistreated doesn't actually come off as wanting everyone treated the same when you happen to be white.
link to original post

Incorrect, I am all for them being treated the same. That means the same expectations. It means the same ramifications as well. See, I have more than once seen a black person scream (and it was literal screaming) RACISM when they were caught doing something that would get them fired. We all have seen claims like 'the SAT is racist" yet not one racist question can be cited. I have also known an otherwise very professional black once co-worker excuse looting and rioting by blacks by saying "they're frustrated!" Yet the same guy would get upset if I did not agree with anything he thought was racist.

Bottom line is you cannot at the same time demand to "be treated the same" yet cry about an innocent word you do not like.
darkoz
darkoz
February 4th, 2024 at 4:43:35 PM permalink

You would have to show me where this is happening. And explain why the EEOC has not done anything about it. I suspect by "same work" you may mean "comparable worth" which is NOT the same work but a concept some people have made up to say the office secretary deserves the same pay as the service rep who goes out in the field. Or you do not account time taken off work in a career.

Quote:

I think you are talking about profiling. Proper profiling is not "solely on skin color." It is about looking for people and things out of place to prevent crime. In such a case they are not going to target the older black woman who is quietly shopping. But they will watch a group of young black males in a store they would not normally shop and behaving in ways that mass shoplifters behave. That is simply good police work.

Quote:

link to original post

Incorrect, I am all for them being treated the same. That means the same expectations. It means the same ramifications as well. See, I have more than once seen a black person scream (and it was literal screaming) RACISM when they were caught doing something that would get them fired. We all have seen claims like 'the SAT is racist" yet not one racist question can be cited. I have also known an otherwise very professional black once co-worker excuse looting and rioting by blacks by saying "they're frustrated!" Yet the same guy would get upset if I did not agree with anything he thought was racist.

Bottom line is you cannot at the same time demand to "be treated the same" yet cry about an innocent word you do not like.
link to original post

Man, all you have to do find out about the gender gap is google it and dozens of articles will pop up. You Acting surprised there is a gender gap in equal pay is actually quite hilarious.

It's quite obvious you don't want to find out.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Calder
February 4th, 2024 at 5:03:32 PM permalink

Man, all you have to do find out about the gender gap is google it and dozens of articles will pop up. You Acting surprised there is a gender gap in equal pay is actually quite hilarious.

link to original post

Actually YOU are the one that does not want to find out.

See, if you google "gender gap" you will get an overall comparison of what men make vs. what women make. But that is not how it works.

Women tend to choose jobs that pay less than the jobs men take. When I had managed the pest control company tech made more than office admins. But women rarely applied to be techs, they dominated the admin roles. Nobody stopped them, they just did not apply. That is just the example from where I was at. It goes on up and down the economy. It starts in college where women are more likely to choose a major that does not lead to high pay. The exception there is pharmacy, which over the 1980s went from almost all male to almost all female and stayed there since. So they can do it, just most choose easier majors.

Women take more time off than men. The biggest reason being to have kids, but that is a lifestyle choice.

The "gender gap" has been debunked many, many times. So I will challenge you again. Show me where women are getting paid less FOR THE SAME EXACT JOB. For a bonus, explain why the EEOC has not prosecuted. If you get good at this you could probably get some coin by getting a law firm involved, they would pay a referral.

Have at it!
darkoz
darkoz
February 4th, 2024 at 5:14:56 PM permalink

link to original post

See, if you google "gender gap" you will get an overall comparison of what men make vs. what women make. But that is not how it works.

Women tend to choose jobs that pay less than the jobs men take. When I had managed the pest control company tech made more than office admins. But women rarely applied to be techs, they dominated the admin roles. Nobody stopped them, they just did not apply. That is just the example from where I was at. It goes on up and down the economy. It starts in college where women are more likely to choose a major that does not lead to high pay. The exception there is pharmacy, which over the 1980s went from almost all male to almost all female and stayed there since. So they can do it, just most choose easier majors.

Women take more time off than men. The biggest reason being to have kids, but that is a lifestyle choice.

The "gender gap" has been debunked many, many times. So I will challenge you again. Show me where women are getting paid less FOR THE SAME EXACT JOB. For a bonus, explain why the EEOC has not prosecuted. If you get good at this you could probably get some coin by getting a law firm involved, they would pay a referral.

Have at it!
link to original post

How about you prove it was debunked. Saying it is doesn't cut it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 4th, 2024 at 5:24:57 PM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

Maybe when you back up your claim? Otherwise try a google search. Try watching media that is not mainsteram media. Listen to someone other than feminists making claims. Think critically and ask "well, why would women earn less?" Ask yourself, "well, if women get paid less then why do employers hire men?"

Then again, my post shows the hows and whys. Start with that. I know you will not because I have clearly explained the why and you have not tried to refute one piece of it. Same as a bit back where I showed it was bunk that women could not own property in "the old days." This is all critical thinking that modern college will not teach you. And critical thinking is not "citing a study" some place made.
darkoz
darkoz
February 4th, 2024 at 5:40:11 PM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

Try watching media that is not mainsteram media.
link to original post

Enough said.

You will back up your claims with bunk.

Good to know.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
February 4th, 2024 at 5:41:35 PM permalink
(ahem)
Gents,
Don't let your argument about equal pay get too hostile.
It's already off-topic.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 4th, 2024 at 5:50:27 PM permalink

I found plenty there that attacked the writer, not the writing.

How then to "draw the line," given the fact that on forums "we are what we write?"

Should I have said, without penalty: "his writings are self-aggrandizing and filled with brags?"

If that would be OK, what makes it different from what I wrote?

If it's not OK, why isn't it, as it only describes writings?

*Dazed and Confused*
"What, me worry?"
rainman
rainman
February 4th, 2024 at 5:51:25 PM permalink

(ahem)
Gents,
It's already off-topic.
link to original post

You ruin everything.
My disdain for you is failing, I think I'm getting old.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
February 4th, 2024 at 5:57:32 PM permalink
From what I've heard the middle class has been obliterated and they need $165K/year of income to afford the average $435K house. Of course the average income is $90K less, so people are doom spending now.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 4th, 2024 at 6:00:04 PM permalink

From what I've heard the middle class has been obliterated and they need $165K/year of income to afford the average $435K house. Of course the average income is $90K less, so people are doom spending now.
link to original post

Good post for suspension list discussion thread….

How many suspensions do you have for RIDICULOUS hijacking? I hope the mods add one….
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
February 4th, 2024 at 6:53:31 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

(ahem)
Gents,
It's already off-topic.
link to original post

You ruin everything.
My disdain for you is failing, I think I'm getting old.
link to original post

Yeah, I'm slipping.
I remember when that sort of argument could trigger 28 days of suspensions.
I'm getting unwholesomely jolly. Going to have to use less mayonnaise.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
February 4th, 2024 at 6:59:35 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I found plenty there that attacked the writer, not the writing.

How then to "draw the line," given the fact that on forums "we are what we write?"

Should I have said, without penalty: "his writings are self-aggrandizing and filled with brags?"

If that would be OK, what makes it different from what I wrote?

If it's not OK, why isn't it, as it only describes writings?

*Dazed and Confused*
link to original post

Quote: MDawg

Wizard has given other nuked members a chance in the past too, but those members such as KewlJ screwed up again even more badly after returning, so they got the nuked boot again. Some men you just can't reach. Others, you may.

Just...wow...You really can't let go of the embarrassment KJ has caused you by "debunking", can you?

Why bring KJ up here, why hijack this thread, which you "fought" so hard for on behalf of Nathan, "your client?"

Oh wait...did you volunteer your "legal services" on behalf of The Damned just to get "her" reinstated here in order to gloat over KJ?

Could be...I mean, it's not like you really seem to care about helping "the little people," given your proclivity for self-aggrandizement and bragging about how much money you have available.

If so ... (fill in the blank with appropriate phrase)
link to original post

Except you were not addressing the writing, you were making implications about the motive of the writer. I found several of them to be insulting.
I'm not about to be swayed in my assessment, I suggest waiting until Wizard is returned and appeal through him.
MrV
MrV
February 4th, 2024 at 8:42:55 PM permalink
I'm not going to "appeal." I simply disagree with your actions as being without foundation.

My comments are factual and supportable by "the record" here at WoV, so why cannot I speak an obvious truth?

We are what we are, or what we write here, and just because reality is not flattering does not elevate it to insult status.
"What, me worry?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 5th, 2024 at 2:32:30 AM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Enough said.

Good to know.
link to original post

When you want to show a flaw in my statements with logic I am all ears. Similar to how I showed the flaw in the "equal pay" statements you made. Otherwise I will take the above request and refrain from posting more on this off-topic drift.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 5th, 2024 at 2:44:09 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Is this the first of Nathan’s casualties? People just always getting banned for stuff said to/about Nathan. History repeats.

We have had casualty makers here before, HotBlonde coming to mind. Best to just not lose control.
darkoz
darkoz
February 5th, 2024 at 3:04:58 AM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Enough said.

Good to know.
link to original post

When you want to show a flaw in my statements with logic I am all ears. Similar to how I showed the flaw in the "equal pay" statements you made. Otherwise I will take the above request and refrain from posting more on this off-topic drift.
link to original post

You have shown no flaw in any statements I made. You made some statements of your own with zero proof.

Here is a Harvard economists study that shows female lawyers and judges make 82% of what their male counterparts in the same jobs make.

It gets worse for doctors with female doctors paid 71% of what their male counterparts make.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/how_much_less_do_women_lawyers_and_judges_earn_than_men#:~:text=Women%20lawyers%20and%20judges%20earn%20about%2082%20percent%20of%20what,a%20Harvard%20University%20labor%20economist.

You have proven nothing except you care to ignore a major problem in America with bunk.

Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
February 5th, 2024 at 3:25:54 AM permalink

link to original post

Yeah.
link to original post

I clicked on the now banned Poster's name to see if I could PM him and question him already knowing Forum History despite being a brand new Newbie, but I saw he was already in red(Nuked) He was ACTIVE when I clicked on his name, after clicking, he was already nuked. It was literally only seconds between him being active and him being nuked.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
February 5th, 2024 at 3:28:01 AM permalink

link to original post

Yeah.
link to original post

I clicked on the now banned Poster's name to see if I could PM him and question him already knowing Forum History despite being a brand new Newbie, but I saw he was already in red(Nuked) He was ACTIVE when I clicked on his name, after clicking, he was already nuked. It was literally only seconds between him being active and him being nuked.
link to original post

Some of the spam-filters are amazingly effective.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 5th, 2024 at 3:33:45 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

PPS, I will volunteer to serve half of Wiz's sentence so that he will be free to post his Superb Owl prop wisdom next week. In my almost-decade here, I have never seen the inside of the WoV slammer. I hope it doesn't smell too bad!
link to original post

Quote: unJon

I would do that also. Take some days from Wiz so he can post in Super Bowl lead up.
link to original post

Thank you gentlemen. I accept and am releasing myself. I already served three days, so each of you will serve 1.5 days. Note that the clock starts at 3:30 AM PST on Monday.

Let me clarify that what Mdawg and I served was a penance, not a suspension. This is a new thing, I think, where the one serving the time confessed to some transgression that was not necessarily a rule violation.

It is not allowed to ask for a penance to get out of the 30 day minimum for self suspensions. There must be some sin committed.

If any member has a heavy heart about hurting another something, you may confess to any moderator for sentencing.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
February 5th, 2024 at 3:40:27 AM permalink

link to original post

Yeah.
link to original post

link to original post

The poster returned under a different alias tonight with a verbatim repeat of the first post, so I took a screenshot. I don't expect I'd be allowed to post it here and I'm not going anywhere to post it elsewhere, just know I have it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Hunterhill
February 5th, 2024 at 4:40:22 AM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Enough said.

Good to know.
link to original post

link to original post

You have shown no flaw in any statements I made. You made some statements of your own with zero proof.

Here is a Harvard economists study that shows female lawyers and judges make 82% of what their male counterparts in the same jobs make.

It gets worse for doctors with female doctors paid 71% of what their male counterparts make.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/how_much_less_do_women_lawyers_and_judges_earn_than_men#:~:text=Women%20lawyers%20and%20judges%20earn%20about%2082%20percent%20of%20what,a%20Harvard%20University%20labor%20economist.

You have proven nothing except you care to ignore a major problem in America with bunk.

link to original post

Did you read this even though you quoted it?

That it is from Harvard makes it suspect from the getgo. That it calls out Republicans at the start confirms this. Then you read more. It states outright that it is mostly about hours worked. It says female engineers do not get out paid by make engineers but make female engineers will outearn make social workers.

IOW, it confirms what I am saying. Income differences are about career choices not gender. There is no organized discrimination going on. Not even unorganized from what I see.
darkoz
darkoz
February 5th, 2024 at 6:44:42 AM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Enough said.

Good to know.
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

That it is from Harvard makes it suspect from the getgo. That it calls out Republicans at the start confirms this. Then you read more. It states outright that it is mostly about hours worked. It says female engineers do not get out paid by make engineers but make female engineers will outearn make social workers.

IOW, it confirms what I am saying. Income differences are about career choices not gender. There is no organized discrimination going on. Not even unorganized from what I see.
link to original post

Yeah Harvard is suspect, lol.

All those rich people paying to get in. Jokes on them.

Then you added something it doesn't even say lol.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
February 5th, 2024 at 7:04:35 AM permalink
Posting only one time on this. I looked for the opposite trend just to see what was said. From Bing ai.

Quote:

It’s relatively rare for women to earn more than men in the same job. Among all 132 occupations large enough to estimate earnings for women and men, there are only three where women earn marginally more than men—Compliance Officers (103.6 percent), Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses (103.5 percent), and Wholesale and Retail Buyers, except Farm Products (102.1 percent)1.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
February 5th, 2024 at 7:13:37 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Posting only one time on this. I looked for the opposite trend just to see what was said. From Bing ai.

Quote:

It’s relatively rare for women to earn more than men in the same job. Among all 132 occupations large enough to estimate earnings for women and men, there are only three where women earn marginally more than men—Compliance Officers (103.6 percent), Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses (103.5 percent), and Wholesale and Retail Buyers, except Farm Products (102.1 percent)1.

link to original post

There actually is an occupation that females make much more than men and that is pornographic acting. Female actors make three times as much if not more than their male counterparts.

Of course, it's not a complimentary vocation and one which can negatively affect them later in life.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 5th, 2024 at 7:41:48 AM permalink

link to original post

Have at it!
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Enough said.

Good to know.
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yeah Harvard is suspect, lol.

All those rich people paying to get in. Jokes on them.

Then you added something it doesn't even say lol.
link to original post

Sure is suspect. Openly states skin color is a factor in admissions. Insane grade inflation problem. And very little diversity of thought in their faculty.
rainman
rainman
Thanked by
Calder
February 5th, 2024 at 8:47:10 AM permalink
Mr. Oz The left no longer beats the gender pay gap drum as they
have taken a beating in mainstream media debates, reason flawed
data flawed studies they don't even take into account time off
for child birth among other factors.

First minute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uCaJ4KOu6w

First two minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5f4fUDZU7o

Dieter would love to stick me in the slammer and I don't want to see him happy so no more political speech for me.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 5th, 2024 at 9:14:20 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

how inane, ridiculous, presumptuous, and egotistical
beyond the pale
link to original post

Three days.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 5th, 2024 at 9:16:18 AM permalink
Quote: rainman

Mr. Oz The left no longer beats the gender pay gap drum as they
have taken a beating in mainstream media debates, reason flawed
data flawed studies they don't even take into account time off
for child birth among other factors.
link to original post

Political statement. Three days.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 5th, 2024 at 9:19:58 AM permalink

beyond the pale
link to original post

Three days.

p.s. I think that's three suspensions issued in five minutes. Trying to catch up from my own penance.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 5th, 2024 at 10:46:30 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

beyond the pale
link to original post

Three days.

p.s. I think that's three suspensions issued in five minutes. Trying to catch up from my own penance.
link to original post

Can lrr serve his two concurrently?
MrV
MrV
February 5th, 2024 at 10:49:06 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

If any member has a heavy heart about hurting another something, you may confess to any moderator for sentencing.

Bless me Wizard, for I have sinned. It has been one week since my last suspension began.

Oh Great Wizard, Oracle of All That Is Truly Right, Just, and Mathematical In Las Vegas, in the future please modify my punishment from "suspension" to "levitation."

While the consequences are identical (floating aimlessly above the ground, unable to interact with the forum) the word "levitation" sounds cooler.
"What, me worry?"
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
February 5th, 2024 at 11:38:09 AM permalink

I'm not going to "appeal." I simply disagree with your actions as being without foundation.

My comments are factual and supportable by "the record" here at WoV, so why cannot I speak an obvious truth?

We are what we are, or what we write here, and just because reality is not flattering does not elevate it to insult status.
link to original post

It is well established in this forum that a personal insult is not allowable simply because it is the truth. Ex: You may not call someone fat even if he is obese. It is a personal insult and truthfulness is not a loophole. Ex: If you call someone "stupid and delusional" we are not going to allow you to make posts arguing against a suspension by citing examples to prove that he really is stupid and delusional. That would be madness, that is not the kind of forum that we want.

If your post is intended to show contempt for another person in this forum or to hurt his/her feelings, then don't post it. It's a simple rule.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
MrV
MrV
February 5th, 2024 at 11:57:49 AM permalink
OK, but if the bulk of a poster's posts are brags or forms of self-aggfrandizement, why shoud they get a bye from judgment?

Sounds like the rule gives insulation from accountability to those who arguably least deserve it.

But...I understand the need for such a rule, given the strong opinions which many of us hold toward other members.
"What, me worry?"
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
February 5th, 2024 at 12:33:13 PM permalink

brags or forms of self-aggfrandizement
link to original post

My posts are not brags or forms of "self-aggfrandizement." They are session reports I can't help it if my play denomination chip is sometimes $100,000.

I am not in charge of deciding what is insults but the moderators may decide if you keep pushing the same insult, written now in four different ways.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MrV
MrV
February 5th, 2024 at 12:45:47 PM permalink
I'm not pushing anything nor even focusing on you, as others are or have been in the same boat.

I am commenting on implementation of a rule.
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: