Thread Rating:

Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 29th, 2018 at 1:27:18 PM permalink
I really think that there should be a "Sleep on it," clause when a poster asks to resign. A lot of people have admitted to quitting when they were furious. And one particular person admitted she was full of rage when she self deleted and calmed down the next day and she came back with a new account but a similar username. I think a "I won't grant you a resignation just yet. PM me tomorrow and see if you still want the resignation." And a many people the next day would be like,"I'm calm now. I don't want the resignation anymore."
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 29th, 2018 at 3:04:45 PM permalink
Screw that. This isn't adult day care. If you can't keep your emotions in check long enough to prevent you from acting stupid, why should anyone else?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
Boz
June 29th, 2018 at 3:11:06 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I must be remembering things incorrectly.

You are correct, you're remembering wrong.

Here's what happened, I saw it all.
He got suspended here, went to
DT and posted on May 13th that he
was never coming back to either
forum and to cancel his accounts.

But of course he did come back and
got suspended yet again and the Wiz
gave him what he demanded, that
he be banned from the forums forever.

Remember, this is the guy who went
and deleted over 5000 posts when the Wiz
sold this place. One..By..One... Had to take
him weeks. He's the reason the editing
rules were changed here. Of course he
denied doing it, saying his account was
'hacked'. Sure it was. You complain that all
our old posts would be used against us, and
magically somebody hacks in and spends
hours and hours and days deleting all
your posts.. Whatever..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Nathan
Nathan
June 29th, 2018 at 3:13:01 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Screw that. This isn't adult day care. If you can't keep your emotions in check long enough to prevent you from acting stupid, why should anyone else?

To be fair, I was thinking more along the lines of long time posters who are highly valuable when I wrote that post. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
June 29th, 2018 at 3:21:49 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

To be fair, I was thinking more along the lines of long time posters who are highly valuable when I wrote that post. ;)

Thanks , but don’t worry, I’ll never get upset and hastily resign.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 29th, 2018 at 3:23:49 PM permalink

To be fair, I was thinking more along the lines of long time posters who are highly valuable

There are highly valuable posters
here? Where, I have yet to see one.
Nathan
Nathan
June 29th, 2018 at 3:26:38 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Thanks , but don’t worry, I’ll never get upset and hastily resign.

LMAO! :D
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 29th, 2018 at 4:06:27 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Did he actually resign two separate times?

Reading Wizards last reply to me, I wasn't sure if it was a 30 day suspension or a forever suspension? I had only seen one withdrawal and that was over at DT.

He resigned back when the site was sold. Think it was Sept 2015.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Nathan
Nathan
June 29th, 2018 at 4:43:28 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Not mentioning any names. ;) Starting a thread about valuable posters got me permanently banned from another website.
Nathan
Nathan
June 30th, 2018 at 5:40:55 AM permalink
Should there be an Amnesty Thread? Where permanently banned posters are allowed to come back? There are HARD bannings and SOFT bannings. A good example of a hard banning is someone who was a down and out Troll, and downright nasty, and dangerous, people who harassed and demeaned posters. They are HARD bannings. A soft banning is someone who say posted something that was innocent in its intent such as "Favorite Posters?" Without realizing how badly that thread could come across until they were already banned. ;) A SOFT banning is more likely to be given Amnesty over than a HARD banning.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 30th, 2018 at 5:45:37 AM permalink

Should there be an Amnesty Thread? Where permanently banned posters are allowed to come back? There are HARD bannings and SOFT bannings. A good example of a hard banning is someone who was a down and out Troll, and downright nasty, and dangerous, people who harassed and demeaned posters. They are HARD bannings. A soft banning is someone who say posted something that was innocent in its intent such as "Favorite Posters?" Without realizing how badly that thread could come across until they were already banned. ;) A SOFT banning is more likely to be given Amnesty over than a HARD banning.

This has been discussed a lot over the last 5 years. The answer keeps coming up "no".
Nathan
Nathan
June 30th, 2018 at 8:26:06 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This has been discussed a lot over the last 5 years. The answer keeps coming up "no".

Okay. :)
billryan
billryan
June 30th, 2018 at 9:50:46 AM permalink

But it should be discussed again. And again.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 30th, 2018 at 10:13:00 AM permalink

You are correct, you're remembering wrong.

Here's what happened, I saw it all.
He got suspended here, went to
DT and posted on May 13th that he
was never coming back to either
forum and to cancel his accounts.

But of course he did come back and
got suspended yet again and the Wiz
gave him what he demanded, that
he be banned from the forums forever.

Remember, this is the guy who went
and deleted over 5000 posts when the Wiz
sold this place. One..By..One... Had to take
him weeks. He's the reason the editing
rules were changed here. Of course he
denied doing it, saying his account was
'hacked'. Sure it was. You complain that all
our old posts would be used against us, and
magically somebody hacks in and spends
hours and hours and days deleting all
your posts.. Whatever..

Gee based on that level of proof you cant possibly believe "no collusion" when trump says it
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 30th, 2018 at 10:27:38 AM permalink

Please define the term "highly valuable" as used in this context.
"What, me worry?"
Nathan
Nathan
June 30th, 2018 at 10:34:28 AM permalink

But it should be discussed again. And again.

There are posters who should be granted Amnesty if they just apologize for their wrongdoing. And promise, no, VOW to NEVER do what they did to get them permanently banned in the first place.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
AZDuffman
June 30th, 2018 at 11:56:50 AM permalink

There are posters who should be granted Amnesty if they just apologize

You act like this place is the only
forum on the net to post on. Their
life isn't over when they're banned,
they will will some place else to be
a pain in some mods ass..
billryan
billryan
June 30th, 2018 at 12:59:12 PM permalink

There are posters who should be granted Amnesty if they just apologize for their wrongdoing. And promise, no, VOW to NEVER do what they did to get them permanently banned in the first place.

I'd be good with that on two conditions
1) A sincere act of contrition. Removing the pinky finger, or toe would suffice.
2) a security deposit of $500. Get banned again and the money goes towards the Wizards Spring Fling.
Nathan
Nathan
June 30th, 2018 at 1:07:55 PM permalink

I'd be good with that on two conditions
1) A sincere act of contrition. Removing the pinky finger, or toe would suffice.
2) a security deposit of $500. Get banned again and the money goes towards the Wizards Spring Fling.

Number 1 is WAY too harsh. Number 2 actually makes some sense, though I don't know too many people who would pay $500 just to come back on a Forum.
Nathan
Nathan
June 30th, 2018 at 1:09:07 PM permalink

You act like this place is the only
forum on the net to post on. Their
life isn't over when they're banned,
they will will some place else to be
a pain in some mods ass..

Once again, I am thinking of LONG TIME posters who got permanently banned, not some Cheap Kitchens Troll Bot. ;)
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 30th, 2018 at 1:16:27 PM permalink

Once again, I am thinking of LONG TIME posters who got permanently banned

Why don't you get their email addresses
so you can talk them down from the bridge
you apparently think they all want to jump off.
You give the place wayyyyyyy more credit than
it deserves. It's just another chat room.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 30th, 2018 at 1:34:11 PM permalink

Once again, I am thinking of LONG TIME posters who got permanently banned, not some Cheap Kitchens Troll Bot. ;)

Here's what you're not getting. Everyone starts with respect. You earn disrespect. (Still well-said, Mosca)

Everyone joins for free. The site was started and paid for by Mike out of his own funds, and now by Josh and Zuga.

When you sign up, you specifically agree to abide by the rules. If you break the rules, you get warned, suspended, or banned. Except for spammers, sockpuppets, and system sellers, bannings are rare. Very seldom someone is banned without one or more previous rule-breaking offenses.

Very lopsided deal in favor of a member. All anyone asks of a member is that they abide by the rules they agreed to. No money. No name. No accountability.

People who are gone are people who couldn't manage even that much. They had to insult, be repeatedly rude, threaten members or moderators, whatever.

And now you want us to offer amnesty to these known troublemakers. And think the line should be drawn some weird place where trolls and jerks can't come back but "nice" people who somehow made mistakes should?

Why are you continuing to argue about this? It's just creating discontent. Go post on the forums that let these people continue to be members, if you want to interact with them. They had their chance here, and did themselves out of staying.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 30th, 2018 at 1:38:51 PM permalink

And now you want us to offer amnesty to these known troublemakers.

Of course. Look how many times
Nathan has been banned from
other sites. Just wants to pave the
way back in here when the inevitable
happens. Nathan isn't concerned
with others who've been banned,
it's crystal clear what the motivation
is on Nathan's part.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
June 30th, 2018 at 1:39:37 PM permalink

... Go post on the forums that let these people continue to be members....

That's the place she was banned from :o). So she now uses the discussion of the suspension list here as some sort of grumble by proxy.
She didn't get banned here (zod knows it was close) and we can't get her amnesty there.
Life goes on.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
June 30th, 2018 at 1:44:09 PM permalink
Nathan needs to come clean and name the forum so we start preliminary work on the invasion/ massacre.

Liberty! Equality! Fraternity.
No grievance is so small it can't be made into an opportunity.
OnceDear
OnceDear
June 30th, 2018 at 1:55:13 PM permalink
We do not wage raiding parties on other forums. It's a tremendously bad idea as it invites retaliation and invites much more work for the moderators here in fending off that retaliation.
I'd advocate that any member here who blatantly goes out and brings this forum into a turf war, be punished here for the consequences of his acts of reckless mischief.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
June 30th, 2018 at 2:00:05 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

We do not wage raiding parties on other forums. It's a tremendously bad idea as it invites retaliation and invites much more work for the moderators here in fending off that retaliation.
I'd advocate that any member here who blatantly goes out and brings this forum into a turf war, be punished here for the consequences of his acts of reckless mischief.

No wonder you guys lost your empire.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 30th, 2018 at 2:06:07 PM permalink
I support the cutting off of toes.
billryan
billryan
June 30th, 2018 at 2:17:52 PM permalink
Pinkie toes. No one even knows its there until you stub it. You need a few dozen to make a decent necklace.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
June 30th, 2018 at 2:38:36 PM permalink

No wonder you guys lost your empire.

Your empire is currently burning to the ground...
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
billryan
billryan
June 30th, 2018 at 2:41:15 PM permalink
Bring the S'mores.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
June 30th, 2018 at 7:09:27 PM permalink
Quote:

...people who would pay $500 just to come back on a Forum.

...are people who definitely should not be running around loose without close adult supervision. Or for that matter any people so grotesquely separated from reality and deeply troubled that they would pay > $4.95 for that. Or be thinking about it for weeks or months if they ever can't get some of their blather published on one for $0.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
Nathan
Nathan
June 30th, 2018 at 7:47:20 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

...are people who definitely should not be running around loose without close adult supervision. Or for that matter any people so grotesquely separated from reality and deeply troubled that they would pay > $4.95 for that. Or be thinking about it for weeks or months if they ever can't get some of their blather published on one for $0.

You should have quoted the entire sentence. I said,"I don't know too many people who would pay $500 just to be able to come back on a Forum." :/
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
June 30th, 2018 at 8:54:00 PM permalink
All you have to do is read the forums they are posting on now to see how truly sorry and repentant they are.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
Thanked by
rsactuary
June 30th, 2018 at 10:54:28 PM permalink

You should have quoted the entire sentence. I said,"I don't know too many people who would pay $500 just to be able to come back on a Forum." :/

No, I should not have. Because I wasn't particularly interested in engaging in a dialog about what you said about ways of resurrecting the too flaky for the fruitcake factory folk, which is why I did not quote YOU.

I was interested in what *I* wanted to say, again for the umpteenth time and will continue to say, again and again every which way. About emotionally ailing people who start to regard the virtual life of their internet forum identities as something important. Which is that such people are absolutely positively rabid barking-at-the-moon wrong-number completely off-the-hook tick-tock stark-raving screw-loose nutbar cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs.

And that they urgently need to fix the technical malfunction of their cranial apparatus through the following corrective procedure: by placing their internet access device(s) in a nearby trash receptacle. Right now. And then take up tennis, or gardening, or knitting, or choir singing, or bird watching, or underwater basket weaving, or whatever does NOT involve any sort of screen names or avatars or virtual "friend" substitutes or any other possible potential for mentally unstable emotionally afflicted individuals to substitute an online wackadoodle fantasy existence for life on Earth.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Jun 30, 2018
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
rsactuary
July 1st, 2018 at 4:45:21 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

No, I should not have. Because I wasn't particularly interested in engaging in a dialog about what you said about ways of resurrecting the too flaky for the fruitcake factory folk, which is why I did not quote YOU.

I was interested in what *I* wanted to say, again for the umpteenth time and will continue to say, again and again every which way. About emotionally ailing people who start to regard the virtual life of their internet forum identities as something important. Which is that such people are absolutely positively rabid barking-at-the-moon wrong-number completely off-the-hook tick-tock stark-raving screw-loose nutbar cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs.

And that they urgently need to fix the technical malfunction of their cranial apparatus through the following corrective procedure: by placing their internet access device(s) in a nearby trash receptacle. Right now. And then take up tennis, or gardening, or knitting, or choir singing, or bird watching, or underwater basket weaving, or whatever does NOT involve any sort of screen names or avatars or virtual "friend" substitutes or any other possible potential for mentally unstable emotionally afflicted individuals to substitute an online wackadoodle fantasy existence for life on Earth.

Classic. Retaining for the ages.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
July 1st, 2018 at 12:31:38 PM permalink
is it me in that Nathan popped up when Two Feathers stopped coming here?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
July 1st, 2018 at 1:17:14 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

99% sure it's you. He pops in every so often but no.longer posts.
Nathan
Nathan
July 1st, 2018 at 3:45:51 PM permalink

I am not Two Feathers, I promise. :)
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
July 1st, 2018 at 5:51:10 PM permalink

99% sure it's you. He pops in every so often but no.longer posts.

what made him stop?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
TropicalElectri
July 1st, 2018 at 5:55:44 PM permalink

what made him stop?

I genuinely don't know. I hear from him once in a great while, and i think he still plays. Why not PM him and ask him to come back? I enjoyed him, too.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 10th, 2018 at 12:50:08 PM permalink
Where is the latest greatest suspension list? The only one I found seems to be a bit dated and the search functionality somehow didn't yield the proper results. I did see one that had up to 06/01/18 in it, but there have been none since and there's one dated like 08/10/18, which is in the future... ?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
Romes
July 10th, 2018 at 1:05:14 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Where is the latest greatest suspension list? The only one I found seems to be a bit dated and the search functionality somehow didn't yield the proper results. I did see one that had up to 06/01/18 in it, but there have been none since and there's one dated like 08/10/18, which is in the future... ?

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/5288-suspension-list/#post71165
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 10th, 2018 at 1:15:25 PM permalink

Just saw this. Indefinite suspension. Minimum 14 days, final decision next week.

I’m wondering if “indefinite suspension” and “final decision next week” means a possibility of a nuke?
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 10th, 2018 at 1:17:40 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/5288-suspension-list/#post71165

Thanks OD... I'm guessing it's not up to date then, since I saw ZK's name go red again today...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 10th, 2018 at 2:35:04 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I’m wondering if “indefinite suspension” and “final decision next week” means a possibility of a nuke?

ZK got 14 days in May, 7 in June.
Time to do what the Wiz does,
use a Marty on him. 1 month this
time, 2 months next time, then
4 months, etc.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 10th, 2018 at 2:42:51 PM permalink

4 months, etc.

I thought she said there would be a final decision later--that 14 was the minimum.

He may more or he may get life...
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 10th, 2018 at 2:58:50 PM permalink

4 months, etc.

I thought this was the policy, which is why I am asking.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
July 10th, 2018 at 3:26:33 PM permalink

4 months, etc.

Only if the same exact system applies to everyone.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
EvenBob
July 10th, 2018 at 3:32:16 PM permalink
EvenBob's just salty he got suspended for insulting ZK before.
  • Jump to: