Chubbyhubby
Chubbyhubby
  • Threads: 8
March 20th, 2012 at 10:04:47 AM permalink
Which software is best for collecting data and simulating blackjack strategies? I'm using a mac. I'd like to find something very detailed and hopefully cheap. Any ideas?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 20th, 2012 at 12:45:58 PM permalink
Quote: Chubbyhubby

very detailed and hopefully cheap.

Good luck. I think all the pros swear by the various CV products available at qfit.com. Not cheap, but best on the market. I don't have any of their products yet, but plan on getting the CVData/CVCX combo package soon. Sucks that it's windows-only though. A Linux port would be nice :/
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
March 20th, 2012 at 11:08:43 PM permalink
I asked Norm for that a year or two ago. His reply at that time was that it would be a near-complete re-do, and take probably a year or two.
I got the distinct impression Linux is/was not in the picture. Which is a shame for CVBJ... that could be done without too much compromise to the CXData/CVCX workings, that are important for strategy/bankroll studies.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 21st, 2012 at 1:28:06 PM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

I asked Norm for that a year or two ago. His reply at that time was that it would be a near-complete re-do, and take probably a year or two.
I got the distinct impression Linux is/was not in the picture. Which is a shame for CVBJ... that could be done without too much compromise to the CXData/CVCX workings, that are important for strategy/bankroll studies.

Yeah I don't care much about CVBJ, I practice with real cards at home and I feel like that gives me a better experience anyway.

I may, in the future, when I'm less lazy, work on my own Linux BJ simulation package from scratch. Seems pretty daunting to go up against the significant feature set already present in Norm's products though. I doubt I would make enough money on it to be worth the time, but it would be fun just as a personal side project.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
  • Jump to: