onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
September 3rd, 2020 at 3:20:48 AM permalink
I am sure now there are pornographic dating sites popping up when I open up a tab and come to wizardofvegas.com.
It doesn't happen every time, but occasionally and only recently.
I am a robot.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 988
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
September 3rd, 2020 at 3:59:49 AM permalink
Yes, I have reported this. Brave and Firefox browsers will block the activity.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1426
  • Posts: 24461
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:18:35 AM permalink
I was just made aware of this about 10 minutes ago and reported it to the highest powers that be.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2625
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:25:43 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

Yes, I have reported this. Brave and Firefox browsers will block the activity.

I first saw the problem on firefox (I sill have an old version as a newer one caused more problems than it solved, so I backed it out). I've just logged on using Opera and that doesn't seem to have the problem.

btw under Opera when not signed in some of the white text was unreadable on the light grey/pink background (e.g. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/math/34502-easy-math-puzzles/72/ the text "This is in a European language:" and "Uspostaviti denominacije kovanica takve da zahtijeva minimalni broj kovanica danih dvoje ljudi tako da jedan može kupiti od drugog bilo što u rasponu od jedne do tisuću novčića" cannot be seen on any of the three occasions.)
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 988
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:32:27 AM permalink
Seems to be fixed.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
Joined: May 21, 2014
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 445
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146darkoz
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:51:04 AM permalink
Hi guys, it is fixed... the team is now further investigating what happened... apologies for the inconvenience caused
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 3755
September 3rd, 2020 at 3:53:17 PM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

I first saw the problem on firefox (I sill have an old version as a newer one caused more problems than it solved, so I backed it out). I've just logged on using Opera and that doesn't seem to have the problem.

btw under Opera when not signed in some of the white text was unreadable on the light grey/pink background (e.g. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/math/34502-easy-math-puzzles/72/ the text "This is in a European language:" and "Uspostaviti denominacije kovanica takve da zahtijeva minimalni broj kovanica danih dvoje ljudi tako da jedan može kupiti od drugog bilo što u rasponu od jedne do tisuću novčića" cannot be seen on any of the three occasions.)



Charlie, I posted that and it was intentional on my part - it was intended to be a part of the puzzle that you had to solve, as was the croatian language version of the puzzle statement. Sorry for the confusion.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2625
September 3rd, 2020 at 7:35:53 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Charlie, I posted that and it was intentional on my part - it was intended to be a part of the puzzle that you had to solve, as was the croatian language version of the puzzle statement. Sorry for the confusion.

Luckily I didn't have a problem seeing the text as when I'm logged on I use a black/dark background. Sadly I've only been as far as Hungary and Slovakia when I drove to ABBAworld in Gyor a few years ago.

  • Jump to: