cmlotito
cmlotito
  • Threads: 25
January 5th, 2019 at 5:01:19 PM permalink
Why do some pictures show as broken images on my phone yet the same pictures are clearly visible on my desktop?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 5th, 2019 at 6:46:34 PM permalink
Quote: cmlotito

Why do some pictures show as broken images on my phone yet the same pictures are clearly visible on my desktop?

My guess is different operating systems have different default file extensions installed. Like maybe you don't have .png on your phone, but most photo files are .jpg, so you don't notice that often. Or some other photo format.

Desktop OS has more room to store stuff, like all the most likely printer drivers, or more fonts, or more photo interpreters, than your phone. I would think you could add the extensions, or maybe a photo app like Picasa would do it during install.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
cmlotito
cmlotito
January 5th, 2019 at 7:05:41 PM permalink
Thank you. Was going to try post some pictures while at work but wasn't sure they would show properly. I'll just wait till I get home.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
January 6th, 2019 at 8:20:59 AM permalink
I'm going to infer that both your desktop and cell phone are both referencing the same image source, such as a web page. If this isn't so, please provide more details.

As beachbumbabs indicated, the format of the source image will be needed to take a guess as to the problem cause. Also, could you tell us the make, model operating system revision level, browser brand and browser revision level you are using on your cell phone?
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
  • Threads: 50
January 7th, 2019 at 7:30:49 AM permalink
can u attach screenshots of the issues please. Also let us know what device you are using, browsers etc
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
cmlotito
cmlotito
January 7th, 2019 at 8:31:10 AM permalink
Quote: Zuga

can u attach screenshots of the issues please. Also let us know what device you are using, browsers etc

Samsung s9+

If you look at the thread for my 2019 gambling adventure. Very first post I can see the 1st jackpot but the 2nd and 3rd show as broken icons.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
January 7th, 2019 at 9:51:06 AM permalink

Samsung s9+

If you look at the thread for my 2019 gambling adventure. Very first post I can see the 1st jackpot but the 2nd and 3rd show as broken icons.

my LG cell looks fine as does another. both over wi-fi and 4G.
try yours both ways to make sure.

I know that happens to me (broken icons) when my ISP throttles the download speed (both cell and laptop)
during the busy hours of the day. Especially on ESPN Sports.

Do not count out your phone as the offender (settings), maybe taking too long to DL
should be easy to find a solution in Google or call your phone folks

better luck with the jackpots and variance
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
cmlotito
cmlotito
January 7th, 2019 at 11:51:52 AM permalink

Samsung s9+

In fact in that thread the 3 times I posted with multiple pictures in 1 post only the first picture is visible while all subsequent pics show as a broken icon.
cmlotito
cmlotito
January 7th, 2019 at 11:55:45 AM permalink
NEVERMIND!

I just figured it out. On the free "wifi" at work is where the problem arises. I just tested this at a friends house and it works fine on his wifi. The work wifi has some hidden restrictions which I don't really understand but the old addage "you get what you pay for" seems to be in full force.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
January 7th, 2019 at 12:13:57 PM permalink

NEVERMIND!

I just figured it out.

I also solved a problem I was having.
thanks for the thread.
I think it has to do with the download speeds and browser settings.
most will never notice the difference but I have found the 'free wi-fi' included in many 'resort fees' to be very slow. Most (where I stay) do offer an upgrade for wi-fi that is not free for those that want to stream music and/or movies without a buffer issue.

live and learn
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
  • Jump to: