ShineyShine
ShineyShine
  • Threads: 7
June 28th, 2015 at 7:46:48 PM permalink
If anyone can help with this, i'd much appreciate it.

My wife started a new job last week, and has managed to inadvertently sabotage their website already! So i'm looking for some help to fix it before she goes to work tomorrow.

My wife is using WordPress as admin, and accidentally deleted one webpage that was previously publicly published online for a few months, but the problem is in WordPress, this version has never been saved so when she tried to recover the previous saved versions, none of the versions are the right one.

My question is if i cant recover it in WordPress, will the web designer of the company or a professional programmer be able to recover it, not using WordPress?

Or even better, can anyone can tell me how to do it myself?

Thanks!
abacabb
abacabb
  • Threads: 11
June 28th, 2015 at 8:00:38 PM permalink
Try looking on archive.org if it is/was a publicly accessible webpage.
ShineyShine
ShineyShine
June 28th, 2015 at 8:20:36 PM permalink
Just checked, its only up to 5 months ago, the latest saved version in WordPress are between 4 months and 2 days ago. Cheers anyway.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 28th, 2015 at 10:03:25 PM permalink
can she google it and then access it from google cached instead of the link to the blog itself? then copy the text.
ShineyShine
ShineyShine
June 28th, 2015 at 10:13:02 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

can she google it and then access it from google cached instead of the link to the blog itself? then copy the text.

She's been up all night stressing about it, so i've managed to convince her to get a few hours sleep before she goes to work and fesses up. I'll suggest this to her when she gets up.

How do you access something from google cached?

Thanks.
ShineyShine
ShineyShine
June 28th, 2015 at 11:50:41 PM permalink
Ok, that seems to help.

I'm gonna pass over these questions to my wife now...

FleaStiff, Thanks. I saw the webpage itself from google cached pages, recent 1 to 15 days, I think most content is there, except the 2nd page which is the one i made public. Delighted.

could you tell me now copy the text to where? I am still new to WordPress, all i can see is that wage in the press was still the same wrong page.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 29th, 2015 at 12:55:52 AM permalink
Make your own copy of it,,,
then either edit it in word page using your administrative credentials
or make a new entry under a different name or something.
ShineyShine
ShineyShine
June 29th, 2015 at 7:42:28 AM permalink
Sorted now i think, fortunately they saw the funny side of it when she fessed up, and its been fixed. Cheers.
  • Jump to: