Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1231
  • Posts: 20413
August 13th, 2019 at 11:25:46 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Will all the threads on movies, climate change,
time travel, history, etc etc, hundreds of
them, will they be closed also because
they aren't gambling related?



Problem threads will be closed if I see them bubble up to the "recent threads" list. I'm not going to close the thousands of political threads on the site by hand.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 189
  • Posts: 1664
August 13th, 2019 at 11:27:30 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

What are you going under the knife for? Whatever it is, may the operation be successful and the recovery short.


+1
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1270
August 13th, 2019 at 11:29:04 AM permalink
Quote: kubikulann

On a seemingly different perspective, but it can help.

Why not demand that members refrain from using thumbnails of a political or provocative nature? Not ban them, just change their imago. I target EvenBob and ams88 and MaxPen and AZDuffman, as well as myself. Also « fag flags » or product ads,  for example.

PS. Fag flag is not offensive. I first heard it from gay friends using the term for fun, here.



I have never heard the term "fag flag", but whatever you call it, how is a pride flag offensive or provocative?

I think more people should be encouraged to use avatars. I am somebody who does not like anonymity, so I think it is commendable when people use real names and pictures and views in their avatar....

There are already reasonable restrictions on avatars (the obvious ones), why put on any more? (there are already restriction on advertising without mod permission, so presumably people with ads in their avatars have permission, if not, then that is up to the mods to crack down on, no need for a blanket ban).
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess. -Thomas Paine
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 5050
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 11:30:25 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

What are you going under the knife for? Whatever it is, may the operation be successful and the recovery short.



Just a spinal fusion. It is a common surgery with 80%-85% success.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
sammydv
sammydv
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 579
August 13th, 2019 at 11:36:03 AM permalink
Quote: CyrusV

snip...> such a turn off and many give this board a wide berth having to trawl though some of the non-gambling crap that permeates this board. <



Really, what's the real problem here? Considering the off topic is at the very bottom of the landing page in the first place, I don't have to 'trawl' through a thing.
I can easily scroll down through the gambling threads with no problem, never even hitting the off topic threads.
Going to the off topics is my choice and I don't need a website telling me what I can't read or deciding for me what I'm capable of reading. To do so smacks just like censorship and controlling media.

Is it me or my pop up blockers blocking all the online casino junk, that I now see only one thread listed in most active? Did admin actually read one of my posts?
Funny, but that Casino chip thread is very popular, but isn't it off topic?
CyrusV
CyrusV
Joined: Aug 8, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 102
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146Forager
August 13th, 2019 at 11:37:27 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

It sounds like we may see you posting here more often, that would certainly be welcome!


I would like to, it's unlikely, too much prejudice here towards the game of Baccarat,, which I probably have a lot more success than many of the BJ aficionados that proliferate this site. And before any bigots chime in, no I can not predict which side will win next (I don't need to) and no I do not track or look for patterns.

Quote: ams288

Is anyone actually going to be posting here more now than they did previously?


The site should be about quality and not content. Given your 100,000 life time of posts, what have you ever posted that could be deemed of value to anybody else, a single gambling related post will do.

Quote: Mission146

IPOLITICAL POSTS HAVE NO VALUE TO A GAMBLING FORUM, GAMBLING POSTS DO



Very well said Mission, hope the owners stick to their pledge. This used to be a good, "go to" gambling site for info, instead its become a cess pool for bigots, homophobes and long standing members to push political agenda. On a gambling site!!!!
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12147
Thanks for this post from:
Zcore13
August 13th, 2019 at 11:39:51 AM permalink
Quote: sammydv


Going to the off topics is my choice and I don't need a website telling me what I can't read or deciding for me what I'm capable of reading. To do so smacks just like censorship and controlling media.



Nobody is telling you what you can and can't read, the website is telling you what you can't post.

Quote:

Funny, but that Casino chip thread is very popular, but isn't it off topic?



I think you're right. Casinos and chips obviously have nothing to do with gambling.
Vultures can't be choosers.
CyrusV
CyrusV
Joined: Aug 8, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 102
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146Forager
August 13th, 2019 at 11:41:42 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Problem threads will be closed if I see them bubble up to the "recent threads" list. I'm not going to close the thousands of political threads on the site by hand.


I'd delete them, piss off even more those that contributed to the crap on an inappropriate forum, but that's just me.

Take no prisoners, just like the casinos. they don't give a damn about peoples feelings when they take their cash, so who cares about hurts feelings on a GAMBLING forum.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12147
August 13th, 2019 at 11:43:52 AM permalink
Quote: CyrusV

I would like to, it's unlikely, too much prejudice here towards the game of Baccarat,, which I probably have a lot more success than many of the BJ aficionados that proliferate this site. And before any bigots chime in, no I can not predict which side will win next (I don't need to) and no I do not track or look for patterns.



Feel free to start a new Baccarat thread that discusses your play. Are you a high-limit player who can work the loss rebates? Do your match play kickbacks exceed your expected loss? If it somehow constitutes a betting system, or could, then it would be better put in that sub-forum, of course. Otherwise, I think there may be a sub-forum for Baccarat. I'm honestly not sure, I'm here enough that I tend to just use the Recent Threads list for everything..

Quote:

The site should be about quality and not content. Given your 100,000 life time of posts, what have you ever posted that could be deemed of value to anybody else, a single gambling related post will do.



I agree with the first sentence. To the second, AMS288 has had some quality gambling posts here.

Quote:

Very well said Mission, hope the owners stick to their pledge. This used to be a good, "go to" gambling site for info, instead its become a cess pool for bigots, homophobes and long standing members to push political agenda. On a gambling site!!!!



Let's hope so! I'm definitely 100% on board with this change.
Vultures can't be choosers.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8574
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 11:44:17 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I think we all know the purpose of the rule. Posts on where and what DRich ate for lunch are not the problem. Posts about sexuality, politics, and religion will get the greatest scrutiny, in that order.


Cool. That's what I was thinking and hoping for, just wanted to make sure.
# Свободный Натан

  • Jump to: