GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:45:30 AM permalink
A lot of items expired at year end. Hoping they just haven't updated new ones. We were planning for 6 free ToK tickets but they are gone now.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:49:02 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

A lot of items expired at year end. Hoping they just haven't updated new ones.

Me too. But how do you not have a few more shows lined up at the beginning of the year, when people might have more time on their hands during the holiday break to log on and look around ? This is not the first year they have been in business.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:29:15 PM permalink
RE: show rewards.

I think they are in the process of being replenished. This is the time of year when everything usually gets refreshed.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
GWAE
GWAE
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:42:54 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Me too. But how do you not have a few more shows lined up at the beginning of the year, when people might have more time on their hands during the holiday break to log on and look around ? This is not the first year they have been in business.

Don't a lot of shows take a hiatus during this time of year.

With all the show closures this year I am hoping they aernt thinking there are less shows so more demand.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:53:44 PM permalink

Going by the show's website, Tournament of Kings is off from January 3 through the 11th. Then again, Jabbawockeez and Ka are running their regular schedules at the MGM Grand.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
January 2nd, 2017 at 1:02:10 PM permalink

I'm sure some do, but with myVegas you have that 90 day period between selecting your Reward and actually booking your seats through the MGM website.

Perhaps some of the inefficiency/confusion that surrounds myVegas, based upon personal experience trying to sort out Redemptions in Vegas with the counter folks, is also hurting it. If myVegas is an inefficient hassle for M-Life, then why would they keep supporting it ?

We missed the fine-print on holiday season black-out dates for the Mandy Bay buffet one year, and of course that was frustrating for us having made the trek down to the end of the Strip. The line at the buffet was non-existent that day, so it was just stupid (and even more frustrating) that the counter people wouldn't/couldn't try to accommodate us. The message was loud and clear, we don't care about you as a customer.
'
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
January 14th, 2017 at 7:14:23 PM permalink
The M-Life shows are back on the site. All sold out of course, but back on myVegas.
GWAE
GWAE
January 14th, 2017 at 11:11:27 PM permalink
No ToK yet. Crossing my fingers. Although there is rumors that the show will be closing.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 28th, 2017 at 5:07:49 AM permalink
this is from a review of MyVegas:

"Of the 3 comps I received, only the Saturday night stay at the Luxor was of any value (my fault for two bad choices, I guess). Even then, I would have been better off just paying cash. Here’s why:

Cost of Luxor breakfast buffet: $16.
Cost of margarita: $12.
Approximate cost of Saturday night stay at the Luxor (guesstimate, I forgot to write it down): $150
Number of hours at my day job to earn the money to pay for these things: 6.35.
Approximate number of hours spent playing myVEGAS to earn these things (calculated as 180 days x 40 minutes per day average, a conservative estimate): 120.
Value of 120 hours of my time based on my salary: $3,326

If it’s true that “time is money” then I spent $3,326 on an undrinkable margarita, a terrible breakfast, and a hotel room at the Luxor for one night. Those are pretty damn expensive “freebies” if you ask me."
Please don't feed the trolls
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
June 28th, 2017 at 6:09:49 AM permalink
Yeah, why doesn't everyone put in 18 hour work days. Think of all the money you're costing yourself.

On a side note I wish I had seen this thread before my Vegas trip earlier this month. I wanted a pastry from Jean Phillipe at Aria and damnit if that offer didn't show up all 7 days I was there. Back home now and that offer (plus tons more) shows up. Even have PIA VPN on my phone but never thought to use it.
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 6:29:59 AM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Yeah, why doesn't everyone put in 18 hour work days. Think of all the money you're costing yourself.

On a side note I wish I had seen this thread before my Vegas trip earlier this month. I wanted a pastry from Jean Phillipe at Aria and damnit if that offer didn't show up all 7 days I was there. Back home now and that offer (plus tons more) shows up. Even have PIA VPN on my phone but never thought to use it.

yes that is true, they have the rewards limited while in Vegas because if not then locals would kill it.
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 6:30:52 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

this is from a review of MyVegas:

"Of the 3 comps I received, only the Saturday night stay at the Luxor was of any value (my fault for two bad choices, I guess). Even then, I would have been better off just paying cash. Here’s why:

Cost of Luxor breakfast buffet: $16.
Cost of margarita: $12.
Approximate cost of Saturday night stay at the Luxor (guesstimate, I forgot to write it down): $150
Number of hours at my day job to earn the money to pay for these things: 6.35.
Approximate number of hours spent playing myVEGAS to earn these things (calculated as 180 days x 40 minutes per day average, a conservative estimate): 120.
Value of 120 hours of my time based on my salary: $3,326

If it’s true that “time is money” then I spent $3,326 on an undrinkable margarita, a terrible breakfast, and a hotel room at the Luxor for one night. Those are pretty damn expensive “freebies” if you ask me."

By that theory you should never watch tv, read a book, eat dinner, get a shower, or sleep. Instead of doing any of that you could just be working and making tons of money.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 28th, 2017 at 7:09:31 AM permalink
Wait, so I should redeem an offer before I land in Vegas? Had just planned on using whichever I wanted while there....
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 28th, 2017 at 7:46:15 AM permalink
I got bored of MyVegas after about two weeks. It was just consuming way too much time. Even with the autospins, you still have to check it literally every couple of minutes because it always stops on those mini-game bonus rounds. And then you have to keep on top of gathering the free chips every couple of hours or so. Just not worth all the effort to me. If I can afford to go to Vegas in the first place, I can afford to buy a margarita or appetizer or spring for an extra night's stay if I feel like it.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
June 28th, 2017 at 8:56:33 AM permalink
There are some slot games that do not need any user input for bonus rounds.

Every now and then, they offer a really good deal on chips. We found one last year for 1 mil+ chips for $1 that we took advantage of. If you accumulate enough chips, play BJ @ 50k x 3 per hand. You level up lightning quick, and each level up is worth at least 1,000 gold chips. Plus, you're contending against a <1% edge vs ~10% edge with the slots. Helped me master BS, too!

We went to Vegas in November last year, and got good value out of MyVegas freebies -- 2 MGM buffets, 2 tix to KA, monorail passes, Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden admission, 2 buffets, pool passes, and free play at Red Rock.

We went back this April and we could find nothing to spend our loyalty points on. Stations rewards are gone. Most of the food and all of the free play now require a stay at an MGM property. (We stayed at Paris and Red Rock.) The only MyVegas room comps dates we could find didn't fit our schedule.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 10:25:21 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

There are some slot games that do not need any user input for bonus rounds.

Every now and then, they offer a really good deal on chips. We found one last year for 1 mil+ chips for $1 that we took advantage of. If you accumulate enough chips, play BJ @ 50k x 3 per hand. You level up lightning quick, and each level up is worth at least 1,000 gold chips. Plus, you're contending against a <1% edge vs ~10% edge with the slots. Helped me master BS, too!

We went to Vegas in November last year, and got good value out of MyVegas freebies -- 2 MGM buffets, 2 tix to KA, monorail passes, Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden admission, 2 buffets, pool passes, and free play at Red Rock.

We went back this April and we could find nothing to spend our loyalty points on. Stations rewards are gone. Most of the food and all of the free play now require a stay at an MGM property. (We stayed at Paris and Red Rock.) The only MyVegas room comps dates we could find didn't fit our schedule.

We are going again in August and are using 2 different buffets that don't require a stay, show tickets, and 1 other that I can not decide on yet.

I thought about getting 1 night at Aria so I could get the Aria buffet and then $50 free play. Probably wouldn't even stay there and would pay resort fee just to get the free buffet but would also have the fp to pay for the resort fee.
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 10:27:51 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Wait, so I should redeem an offer before I land in Vegas? Had just planned on using whichever I wanted while there....

You should definitely redeem them before you go. Once you redeem them you can then cancel them if you do not use them. Right now I have 3 different shows redeemed, 2 buffets, a room reward, sieg fried and roy, and monorail. I can only use 4 of them but I am not sure which ones I am using quite yet so I have not cancelled them. I dont believe you can cancel ones you actually get the tickets for things so as long as they are in your wallet you can cancel.
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2017 at 11:12:54 AM permalink

You should definitely redeem them before you go. Once you redeem them you can then cancel them if you do not use them. Right now I have 3 different shows redeemed, 2 buffets, a room reward, sieg fried and roy, and monorail. I can only use 4 of them but I am not sure which ones I am using quite yet so I have not cancelled them. I dont believe you can cancel ones you actually get the tickets for things so as long as they are in your wallet you can cancel.

Not sure if I read this right, but Monorail rewards don't count against the number of MGM rewards you can use. So if you're allowed to redeem 4 MGM rewards, you can still redeem those 4 plus the Monorail one.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 28th, 2017 at 11:51:46 AM permalink
Ok, for my efforts over a few weeks I net about 14k points and redeemed here at the Airport for 2 Bob Marley Tribute band tickets, 2 for 1 breakfast at Hard Rock, and 2 for 1 drinks at circus circus.

Most better stuff was sold out.

I might keep playing, not sure yet. If they put good offers up for Bellagio AC I'll grind those points.
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 12:49:14 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Not sure if I read this right, but Monorail rewards don't count against the number of MGM rewards you can use. So if you're allowed to redeem 4 MGM rewards, you can still redeem those 4 plus the Monorail one.

yes that is correct. 4 MGM only ones plus the monorail. I have 8 things ordered right now but I can only use 5 of them including the monorail. I have to cancel 3 just not sure which ones. I will probably wait until right before or possibly even while there.
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 12:51:05 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Ok, for my efforts over a few weeks I net about 14k points and redeemed here at the Airport for 2 Bob Marley Tribute band tickets, 2 for 1 breakfast at Hard Rock, and 2 for 1 drinks at circus circus.

Most better stuff was sold out.

I might keep playing, not sure yet. If they put good offers up for Bellagio AC I'll grind those points.

You are in Vegas right now?

If that is the case, next time you will want to plan much further in advance. The good rewards sell out quickly so it usually takes a few days of trying to get what you want.
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2017 at 1:28:42 PM permalink

yes that is correct. 4 MGM only ones plus the monorail. I have 8 things ordered right now but I can only use 5 of them including the monorail. I have to cancel 3 just not sure which ones. I will probably wait until right before or possibly even while there.

I'll be there this weekend. I always buy extra rewards in advance and cancel them after my trip is over. I've actually got 8 purchased and I can only use 3.

With it being the holiday weekend, there are a lot of blackout dates I've gotta work around.
GWAE
GWAE
June 28th, 2017 at 3:59:46 PM permalink
Yeah them pesky blackout dates. I just cancelled my love reward because they are dark the week that we are there.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
July 3rd, 2017 at 6:07:19 PM permalink

Yeah them pesky blackout dates. I just cancelled my love reward because they are dark the week that we are there.

We got myVegas BEATLES LOVE tix for tonight, July 3rd. There was a lot of luck being on-line when they became available.

I'm fixin' to walk over there shortly.

So, I don't think the value of the myVegas rewards are decreasing that much, BUT the AVAILABILITY is decreasing "bigleague". I couldn't really recommend any newbies to myVegas now.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
July 3rd, 2017 at 6:17:44 PM permalink
I agree, the only way I would is if it was someone who likes to play those types of slot apps, or equivalent, anyway. The vast majority of them offer a whole lot of nothing, so MV is better than nothing.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
GWAE
GWAE
January 1st, 2018 at 3:06:58 AM permalink
We are going on Jan 19th. All of the show tickets were expiring Dec 31st. I just logged in and all shows have been removed. I hope it is just a timing thing and the new ones will be added shortly. I figured if it was automated that they were removed then I figured it would be automated that new ones would be added.
GWAE
GWAE
January 2nd, 2018 at 2:06:10 PM permalink
Still no shows added. Does anyone remember if it was like that last year?
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
January 2nd, 2018 at 4:01:52 PM permalink
I'm frustratingly waiting for the "free" 2 night reward.
My trip is in 2 weeks and I'm starting to suspect I'll have to settle for a cheapo Downtown hotel.
ams288
ams288
January 2nd, 2018 at 5:26:48 PM permalink

Still no shows added. Does anyone remember if it was like that last year?

I don't think it was this late...

They'll be updated eventually I'm sure, but it does suck for those who have got a trip coming up soon.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
January 10th, 2018 at 5:26:44 PM permalink
Still no decent shows posted. myVegas, you _ _ _ _ !
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
January 10th, 2018 at 5:53:27 PM permalink
Quote: noy2222

I'm frustratingly waiting for the "free" 2 night reward.
My trip is in 2 weeks and I'm starting to suspect I'll have to settle for a cheapo Downtown hotel.

What's wrong with the 1 night reward?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 10th, 2018 at 7:06:07 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

What's wrong with the 1 night reward?

The free nights are not really free because you still have to pay the resort fees which I think is excessive.
I stayed 3 nights at NYNY on the strip. 2 nights free due to myVegas and I had to pay for 1 night and resort fees for 3 nights.
For me it was 200.00 including taxes for 3 nights.
Still a decent discount considering without Myvegas, probably would be charged about 320.00 or so.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
noy2222
noy2222
January 10th, 2018 at 7:36:32 PM permalink
I've had "let's change hotels every day" Vegas trips before. They're no fun.
I decided to forgo the "luxury" and spend the whole trip Downtown for the same amount of money.
Of course, now I can get 2 more rewards and everything is sold out or requires stay...
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 10th, 2018 at 8:14:34 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The free nights are not really free because you still have to pay the resort fees which I think is excessive.
I stayed 3 nights at NYNY on the strip. 2 nights free due to myVegas and I had to pay for 1 night and resort fees for 3 nights.
For me it was 200.00 including taxes for 3 nights.
Still a decent discount considering without Myvegas, probably would be charged about 320.00 or so.

Right, it's still cheaper than paying for the night AND the resort fee though. Those that get resort fees waived don't need myVegas.

Making a quick trip this month, and since I backed into diamond with tier match, we are staying at CET instead. Lol

Unfortunately pretty clueless on what to spend LP on now.
ams288
ams288
January 11th, 2018 at 6:50:34 AM permalink
My trips are usually 4 or 5 nights, so I think the MyVegas free nights are too much of a hassle because I always have to try to combine them with some other offer.

I'm staying at the Bellagio this weekend (my first time staying there, believe it or not). I didn't have offers for Bellagio so I just used the Crown and Anchor offer. Total for 4 nights (including taxes and resort fees) is $695. Plus a $200 resort credit. That's waaaay more than I usually spend on the room, but I felt like splurging for this trip.
noy2222
noy2222
January 11th, 2018 at 8:18:05 AM permalink
My goal in Vegas trips is to spend as little money as possible without settling on comfort.
What I wanted to get was 2 nights at the Mirage + $25 in freeplay. The nights would be free, Resort fee would be $79.36 and the freeplay would be worth ~ $22.50 effectively costing me $56.86.
Since I couldn't get those, I opted for first night in Four Queens ($37.91 + $10 matchplay [Worth $4.62]), second night in the D ($16.35+$20) and the rest of the trip back in the Four Queens ($172.39 + another $10 freeplay. That's right, I switch hotels JUST for another coupon).
So first 2 nights cost me $69.64 instead of $56.86.
Hopefully I could score a couple of buffets to offset this.

Edit: Mandalay Bay and Luxor buffets get. I'll exchange one for MGM if I can score it.
GWAE
GWAE
January 11th, 2018 at 12:10:48 PM permalink

Still no decent shows posted. myVegas, you _ _ _ _ !

yeah makes me sad. I leave in 7 days so it looks like no free shows other than my diamond show.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
January 11th, 2018 at 2:35:58 PM permalink
Quote: noy2222

I've had "let's change hotels every day" Vegas trips before. They're no fun.
I decided to forgo the "luxury" and spend the whole trip Downtown for the same amount of money.
Of course, now I can get 2 more rewards and everything is sold out or requires stay...

To each his own, I loved my nomadic Vegas trip much more than just staying one place!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
noy2222
noy2222
January 11th, 2018 at 2:41:12 PM permalink
I think visiting... *checks spreadsheet* 28 casinos in 5 days will be enough.
28, wow, that's easy mode. Last time it was nearly double that...

I swear I'm going to beat that Guinness record of most casinos visited over 24 hours at some point...
FinsRule
FinsRule
January 11th, 2018 at 3:29:41 PM permalink
My trip in June is 2 nights at Venetian and then 2 nights with Myvegas. Still gotta decide which to go with.
GWAE
GWAE
January 17th, 2018 at 3:17:31 AM permalink
Well they just added back the love, zimanity, and ka tickets. Now I have 2 days to attempt to get them.
FinsRule
FinsRule
January 17th, 2018 at 4:50:04 AM permalink
Zumanity is available right now...
GWAE
GWAE
January 17th, 2018 at 8:08:52 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Zumanity is available right now...

of course it was since I was at work. I am hoping to get Love tickets since I have not seen that show.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 25th, 2018 at 3:04:27 AM permalink
So far we have tickets to KA and lunch buffets at MIRAGE. I'd rather see BEATLES LOVE again, but it seems like it is hardly ever available.

Getting to the next level to get another 1K in gold chips seems much harder that it used to be.
GWAE
GWAE
February 25th, 2018 at 3:18:34 AM permalink

So far we have tickets to KA and lunch buffets at MIRAGE. I'd rather see BEATLES LOVE again, but it seems like it is hardly ever available.

Getting to the next level to get another 1K in gold chips seems much harder that it used to be.

The higher your level the tougher it is. I was reading the other day on a Facebook group that once you hit level 500 it takes 25x more spins or hands to earn the same.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 25th, 2018 at 6:21:44 AM permalink

The higher your level the tougher it is. I was reading the other day on a Facebook group that once you hit level 500 it takes 25x more spins or hands to earn the same.

Yes, I was aware of that ( I am level 879 ). But I think it is even harder now that they have done the re-stylized / re-booted version.

myVegas was great for the first couple of years. Now, not so much.
GWAE
GWAE
February 25th, 2018 at 11:50:28 AM permalink

Yes, I was aware of that ( I am level 879 ). But I think it is even harder now that they have done the re-stylized / re-booted version.

myVegas was great for the first couple of years. Now, not so much.

I have seen several people complain on Facebook about this recently. I am actually only level 329 and haven't seen much decline but I also don pay close attention to it.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 25th, 2018 at 4:00:00 PM permalink
I booked the 2:1 Bellagio dinner (for monday night) and a $25 NFI credit. I will also do $50 free play at MGM. I will still have a couple left (I spend $2.00 on credit) which I will use for a 2:1 show (likely Zumanity) and another food discount.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
GWAE
GWAE
February 25th, 2018 at 5:01:13 PM permalink
In case any of you don't know the NFI bogo is not a bogo. When you get the reward they give you a $35 voucher.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 26th, 2018 at 3:56:48 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I will still have a couple left (I spend $2.00 on credit) which I will use for a 2:1 show (likely Zumanity)

Zumanity was OK, I guess, but far from Cirque du Soleil's best effort.
  • Jump to: