Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
October 3rd, 2015 at 11:50:43 AM permalink
For those that attended G2E, what was the best new game, device or other item you saw displayed at the trade show?

I liked New Millennium's back lit LED BJ table a lot.......they still have some work to do on being able to add progressives, but the concept was very cool. A cloth feel to a table where the game layout projected from underneath the felt covering can be changed in an instant.

Of all the new table games I saw, Sci Games, "Zappit" (Switch's game) was the one that I think had the greatest chance of success. Of course I am partial to BJ variant games, particularly those that still pay 3:2 on a player BJ. In Zappit,, you can ask for a completely new hand on any initially dealt hard 15-18. As with many of Switch's games, the Push on Dealer 22 is used as the counterbalancing mechanism. Curious to know how often you should "Zap" your hand, but I am sure Switch or one of our math gurus can figure that out pretty quickly. The key was the game was simple to learn and after the Zap decision, it was just regular BJ with the Push on Dealer 22 rule in play.

Lots of other new games on display at Sci Games including their latest High Card Flush competitor, Flushes Gone Wild. HCF has such a head start in that "flush game" space that I don't know if there is a lot of room for another game in that space unless it is really innovative in concept. Not sure how to be innovative when the game is based only on suits.

We didn't get to see a few of new games from distributors that I thought would be present. Galaxy has an interesting new game called Double Play 3 Card Poker that wasn't exhibited and AGS didn't exhibit their new game, Two Card Poker, which I think is pretty good. Both games have been recently approved in jurisdictions, so I thought they would be on display. I also like AGS' Open Stud game that they had at last year's TG Conference......it wasn't exhibited at last year's G2E that I recall, so I thought it would be at this year's G2E......nope!

AGS appears to be putting a lot of effort behind the BJ Bonus Spin bet. I have heard AGS is getting a lot of placements with the Count Kustom branding......Lucky and I did see a 6 table dedicated Count Kustom BJ pit at MGM late one night......but of the 15 or so players at the tables, there weren't any takers on the $5 bonus bet for a chance to spin and win the 1967 Chevrolet Impala. The game seems very countable to an Ace count, but I am sure it is a Lucky Ladies type situation where the count is never going to get you over the horrendous HE starting point.

If you attended, what else did you see that peeked your interest?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 3rd, 2015 at 12:38:24 PM permalink
Not sure who it was but I liked the arena. I think that is what it was called. They had a dj, dancers, and it was like a party atmosphere. You could bet on multiple games feom 1 station with live dealers. Not sure how practical it is but it seemed like a real party pit opposed to the current party pits that are just loud music and dancers.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: