mikes0805
mikes0805
  • Threads: 5
March 27th, 2015 at 8:18:15 AM permalink
I am an avid craps player and have been a 7Star for 5 years. I think Total Rewards is the best player reward program available and it has paid off with great trips, gifts, and of course free play over the years. But I have been very troubled with the daily news regarding their bankruptcy case. Especially the handling of their own. A retired Caesars Palace VP in his hay day was responsible for bringing in high rollers from the Asian market. These players were whales; gambling and losing millions in his over 30+ years of service. Upon retiring he was guaranteed a pension of $77k a year. He was one of 63 employees, most likely former executives with a higher pension payout who was put on the chopping block. The courts have allowed a former Watergate prosecutor to do an independent and limitless scope into CET's actions. If he determines that they did play dirty pool in shifting assets things will come to a screeching halt, including resources to keep our trips and comps funded.

My long winded point is that if they aren't batting an eye in cutting retirements from valuable past employees who helped build the company they sure aren't going to hesitate to cut the valuable players (like us) and our offers. Total Rewards will remain; mainly due to the value of the INFORMATION; The marketing data will be valuable to anyone whether CET holds on to it or another gaming company acquires it. But the bottom line is what we are USED to is far from being guaranteed.

I am an even keel kind of guy by nature but I am definitely concerned. I am currently at about 35k tier; should be about a 1/3 of the way to my 2016 Seven Star after the WINTER BONUS but I am going to tread water and reserve my strong play until things shake out in the next few months. We all love the thrill of gambling and it is recreation; I just wanted to shed some information to those who are making strong Tier pushes. Beware.
  • Jump to: