NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
October 16th, 2011 at 2:36:53 PM permalink
So I have been killing some free time by playing the penny video Poker at the Palace Station, I can put $5 in and play for an hour easily betting 5 cents a hand. I know that the Max bet for the additional coin bonus is always best (the max bet is $1.00 or 100 credits) but anyway here is a question I have about the bonus poker, or double or what ever.

Since the two pair pays the same as a pair of jacks or better if you were dealt a pair of jacks and any other pair that is not an Ace is it best to keep the two pair together and go for the full house, or is it better to keep the jacks or better pair together and go for something better since it would pay the same as two pair. The only exceptions I would think would be if you had a pair of aces and any other pair you would only keep the aces since there is an extra bonus for having 4 aces or better. So basically my questions comes down to a general situation of keep the two pair and shoot for a full house or keep one of the pairs that has a guaranteed pair and shoot for 3 of a kind or better?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
October 16th, 2011 at 2:41:43 PM permalink
Always keep the two pair.

Unless you are playing Double Double Bonus, in which case you should dump the two pair if one of the pairs is Aces.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 16th, 2011 at 2:49:45 PM permalink
I just shoved this into winpoker for the ipad:

JJ22T

Holding two pair returns 8.40 (from 5 bet)
Holding JJ return 7.2

AA883

Holding Aces returns 9.5
Holding AA88 returns 8.4

This is on double double bonus, pay 9-6.

On 8-5, the story is much the same.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
October 17th, 2011 at 9:49:32 AM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

So I have been killing some free time by playing the penny video Poker at the Palace Station, I can put $5 in and play for an hour easily betting 5 cents a hand. I know that the Max bet for the additional coin bonus is always best (the max bet is $1.00 or 100 credits) but anyway here is a question I have about the bonus poker, or double or what ever.

Since the two pair pays the same as a pair of jacks or better if you were dealt a pair of jacks and any other pair that is not an Ace is it best to keep the two pair together and go for the full house, or is it better to keep the jacks or better pair together and go for something better since it would pay the same as two pair. The only exceptions I would think would be if you had a pair of aces and any other pair you would only keep the aces since there is an extra bonus for having 4 aces or better. So basically my questions comes down to a general situation of keep the two pair and shoot for a full house or keep one of the pairs that has a guaranteed pair and shoot for 3 of a kind or better?

The best answer is this: don't rely on a guess or what someone else thinks is the answer, go print the strategy. Never leave home without it.
  • Jump to: