Martin
Martin
  • Threads: 8
January 17th, 2011 at 2:50:59 AM permalink
Was in Caesar's AC over the weekend (Fri/Sat) and I'll report that Friday was dead but Saturday was pretty well attended (10 craps tables in play most at the 10 buck level and most full to the max at the rail). As an aside - in Caesar's as you come down the escalator from the second floor the craps pit on the left is non-smoking and the one on the right is smoking. Both were filled to the max with happy players.

I play craps and this trip was no different than most others - I made enough to cover my bride's slot losses and so I'm happy.

Because of arthritis I can't stand for long at the craps table (no more than a couple of hours) and I refuse to sit when I play so I usually take an hour break between forays by playing VP. I'll play VP for awhile, just long enough to get bored to the extreme (although Caesar's has a set of machines that have double-up in play so that relieves the tedium somewhat) and then I'll go back to the craps table.

On Friday I played VP on Caesar's second floor (non-smoking - hoorah!) and noted that bonus poker was as it normally is found these days - 4 of a kind 2's,3's,4's - 200, 5 through K 125 and Aces paying 400. The rest of the pay table was normal as well 7 - 5 (which in itself is felonious).

On Saturday I took a break at the same bank of machines and found bonus poker at 4 of a kind now had Aces 400, Kings 300, Queens 200 and all others 100. The rest of the pay table remained the same. I went to a number of the banks and not all had changed. On Sunday before we left to go home I checked the machines again and found that they had all been changed.

I ran an analysis on Bob Dancer's Win Poker and came up with 97.71%. I think that makes double double the best play in the VP popular games area. (Deliberately avoiding any discussion of deuces as I don't consider it a "popular" VP game).

As usual, Harrah's answer to lost revenue is to screw the customer even more. I have a Masters in Business (never used it just thought it might be nice to have) and I don't remember that class.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 17th, 2011 at 7:59:05 PM permalink
Why don't you play the quarter 9/6 Jacks by the Toga bar, or the dollars further down if that's your speed? Suitably boring...
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Martin
Martin
  • Threads: 8
January 18th, 2011 at 1:58:57 AM permalink
I've played them both - less boring than deuces - a real grind. I believe that the only way one can win at VP is to be lucky. At the same time I'd like my money to last a bit while I'm testing out my theory. Consequently the old bonus suited my needs - I might hit a good sized payout (200 +) but at the same time I could make a 20 last awhile - at least through my break.

Now I might as well play penny slots - my limited experience with those machines is that they give a lot of small wins and every once in awhile a big hit. Of course every time I sit down at one of them I expect the paging system to announce - "Martin, your vajay-jay is ready at customer service."
  • Jump to: