gerback123
gerback123
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
camapl
August 15th, 2022 at 5:02:18 PM permalink
I was playing 5 hands of extra draw frenzy video poker betting 25 + 5 credits for the bonus, where if you are dealt a natural 3-of-kind, you get extra draws at the quads. I was playing Triple Double Bonus (9-6 paytable), and the game dealt me 3 aces with a 2 and a 7. The game forced me to hold only the 3 aces (it auto holds for you and enters the bonus game). I was unable to modify the hand (like Dream Card allows you). So therefore, was the game forcing me to make the wrong play? The correct play is to hold the 3 aces with a low card kicker.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
Thanked by
camaplgerback123
August 15th, 2022 at 5:05:45 PM permalink
I'm guessing from your post that you don't get a chance to play the hand with correct strategy the first time?

It would be a better game if you could hold the kicker.

What did the rules say?
gerback123
gerback123
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
AlanMendelsoncamapl
August 15th, 2022 at 5:10:27 PM permalink
It locks up the screen and plays music, similar to a Dealt Royal Flush. Except it does it for all natural 3 of kinds. Dream Card does something similar, giving you an extra 5th card automatically to improve your hand, but Dream Card lets the player optionally modify the 5th card (in case you disagree and want something different). In Extra Draw Frenzy, I was unable to hold any kickers with a 3 of kind Aces, it prevented me everytime, I hit every button possible, but the only one that illuminates is Deal/Draw while it plays some funky music with Extra hands added, in my case 25 hands at one time (all for a bet of 25+5). You can imagine my frustration when Four Aces came up without kickers, and the kicker cards would have filled the position by being held.
camapl
camapl
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
gerback123
August 16th, 2022 at 2:24:53 PM permalink
Yes, as someone who plays TDB, it would be frustrating not being able to make the correct play!

If it helps any, it’s possible that this forced “strategy adjustment” has been accounted for in IGT’s figures…

Using the methodology outlined by the Wiz near the bottom of the WoO page for Extra Draw Frenzy, I arrived at a return of 98.9233%, which is higher than that provided by IGT (98.32%) by 0.60%. My figure uses the optimal base return of TDB 9/6 WITHOUT the forced “strategy adjustment”. I am hoping that this 0.60% difference can be accounted for by obtaining the reduced base return and possibly rounding error on the average multiplier and return figures provided by IGT.

Note that I adjusted the methodology for the different pay table, 5-play, betting 30, and the fact that there are 7 types of dealt trips in kicker games, each with their own value and probably on the deal. These are listed below:

3 types of 3 Aces w/…
…no kickers
…1 kicker
…2 kickers

3 types of 3 2’s, 3’s, or 4’s w/…
…no kickers
…1 kicker
…2 kickers

1 type of 3 5’s thru K’s

EDIT: please help with system-altered link above…
ETT (Edit to thank …Dieter!)
Last edited by: camapl on Aug 16, 2022
Expectation is the root of all heartache.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
camaplgerback123
August 16th, 2022 at 2:29:37 PM permalink
Quote: camapl

EDIT: please help with system-altered link above…
link to original post

Done
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: