Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
October 27th, 2019 at 10:42:19 AM permalink
Has this ever happened to anyone? I was playing a progressive and off my initial deal, which was NOT a royalI indicate the statement “Call Attendant” across my screen and the payout amount on the machine turned from the progressive amount to the word Jackpot. Here’s the odd part. I looked over to the machine next to me and the progressive amount was the still increasing. And I was still able to hold and discard any card, which is what the machine should allow you to do off the initial deal. I was dealt an Ace on the end with a pair of Queens in the middle. Since I know any malfunction voids all payouts, I knew it was a not a jackpot. Since I was playing a Sequential machine, and because of the odd occurrence stating I hit the Jackpot, for the hell of it, I discarded the pair of Queens and held the Ace on the end and did a redraw. Back to normal.

Odd to say the least.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 27th, 2019 at 2:02:22 PM permalink
That is relatively common. There i a serial link between the game and the progressive controller. Most likely just a little noise on the line. If the game doesn't get a valid message from the progressive controller it defaults to saying jackpot instead of a possibly wrong amount.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: