bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 2540
October 8th, 2019 at 5:24:03 PM permalink
Aristocrat Bar Tops: Anyone played these yet? How do you like them?

Not sure where I snagged this image from but I think this is them. Vpfree2 says they put some in at the Downtown Boyd casinos. Obviously I have not seen them yet or I wouldn't be asking about them. Opinions welcome.

'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1317
  • Posts: 21613
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
October 8th, 2019 at 6:09:25 PM permalink
This is the first I've heard of them. I will keep my eyes open for a game.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 6006
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
October 8th, 2019 at 6:11:18 PM permalink
I believe a lot of the PT's also have some Aristocrat bartops.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 855
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
October 8th, 2019 at 7:12:38 PM permalink
I read elsewhere there are a couple at MSS and also at Fremont
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1317
  • Posts: 21613
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
October 8th, 2019 at 7:30:41 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

I read elsewhere there are a couple at MSS and also at Fremont



I have a morning appointment at sister casino Suncoast tomorrow and will see if they have any.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 1607
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
October 8th, 2019 at 9:02:18 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

I read elsewhere there are a couple at MSS and also at Fremont




Was just at MSS last week but didn't see any.. but didnt' look at every single bartop.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 2540
October 8th, 2019 at 9:05:23 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I have a morning appointment at sister casino Suncoast tomorrow and will see if they have any.



Thank you for all replies. And looking forward to Wizard's "trip report".

I also wonder why IGT has dominated so much. Of course, they have a great product which speaks for itself. And I know there have been others, but not even close to IGT. Pretty sure Bally's has had bartops in years past. And there was some other brand in the Village Pubs, can't remember name. But why has Aristocrat waited until now to jump in the game at this level? Were there some patent issues I am unaware of? Anyway, the more the merrier, as long as they understand and satisfy the players.

thank you
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 2540
October 8th, 2019 at 9:08:46 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Was just at MSS last week but didn't see any.. but didnt' look at every single bartop.



Vpfree2 lists MSS "Boar's Head" Bar. It's a recent listing. Recent, as in yesterday.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 7953
October 9th, 2019 at 2:35:56 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Thank you for all replies. And looking forward to Wizard's "trip report".

I also wonder why IGT has dominated so much. Of course, they have a great product which speaks for itself. And I know there have been others, but not even close to IGT. Pretty sure Bally's has had bartops in years past. And there was some other brand in the Village Pubs, can't remember name. But why has Aristocrat waited until now to jump in the game at this level? Were there some patent issues I am unaware of? Anyway, the more the merrier, as long as they understand and satisfy the players.

thank you

Patents. now expired for multi-hand I think. Only problem is you won't see UX on these. Maybe another vulture slot or VP on them.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.

  • Jump to: