VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 23rd, 2018 at 4:20:32 PM permalink
I understand that JoB is one of the lowest games of VP in terms of volatility. I was curious, if you took a game like DDB which is on the higher end of volatility but played a say a 5 cent game at 100 lines vs JoB at single line at 1.00 for a single line which would be the more volatile game? I also understand that the EV is slightly different for each game. So would the extra lines smooth out the volatility to the JoB single line level or not?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 23rd, 2018 at 5:40:42 PM permalink
The 5c 100p DDB would have a lot more variance than the $1 JOB.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
August 23rd, 2018 at 5:55:10 PM permalink
It would bring it down though, right? Are you saying just nowhere near single line JoB level?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
100xOdds
August 23rd, 2018 at 7:08:41 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

It would bring it down though, right? Are you saying just nowhere near single line JoB level?

Well there are a few factors --

1. Variance on the different type of game -- DDB vs JOB. It goes up with DDB.
2. Number of lines -- if you're playing the same total $$$ wagered, more lines is better (ie: $25/spin total on 100-play vs $5 denom [$25/spin] single line, 100play has lower variance).
3. Different amount wagered -- here we're talking about a $5 bet vs a $25 bet.

Look here for some more info, unfortunately it doesn't have DDB: https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/appendix/3/
Last edited by: RS on Aug 24, 2018
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
August 24th, 2018 at 4:46:45 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Well there are a few factors --

1. Variance on the different type of game -- DDB vs JOB. It goes up with DDB.
2. Number of lines -- if you're playing the same total $$$ wagered, more lines is better (ie: $25/spin total on 100-play vs $5 single line, 100play has lower variance).
3. Different amount wagered -- here we're talking about a $5 bet vs a $25 bet.

Look here for some more info, unfortunately it doesn't have DDB: https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/appendix/3/

That link was pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks RS.
  • Jump to: