billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 12th, 2018 at 10:09:50 PM permalink
Stipulated that a team is chasing a large progressive on a bank of six and manages to tie up all the machines.
Best game available is 6/5 bonus.

Is it better for all six players to bang away, losing money until one of them hits it or should five players play single coin, as slow as possible and never keep a possible RF draw. This way only a dealt royal can screw you.
It seems you have the win locked in and should be trying to minimise your losses while chasing it. Does this make sense?

Would a single coin Royal affect the progressive at all?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 12th, 2018 at 10:21:03 PM permalink
If the six people are all competent, I see no reason to waste the time of 5/6 people. You can get six hours of play with six people playing in one hour, or six hours of playing with six people in six hours, I'd go with six people playing. This seems like common sense to me, maybe for some reason I'm wrong, but I can't imagine it. Don't know about the game, don't know what happens if there is a single coin royal. I've seen slots like Diamond Jackpots pay less than advertised for short coining, but that's irrelevant.
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 12th, 2018 at 10:47:18 PM permalink
I don't know the answer. It seems with a bad game, you are losing a lot with six people banging away. Five people losing much less an hour may be better. A hundred hands an hour at a quarter a hand is a lot less than 500-600 hands an hour at a buck and a quarter. I assume the players are partners or are being paid an hourly wage.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 12th, 2018 at 10:47:27 PM permalink
Hitting a short-coin royal won’t drop the progressive. You need to hit it while playing max coins. Although, short coining will add to the progressive.

Assuming all players are equal in skill, it wouldn’t make sense to have only 1 play and 5 hodl the machines. Now, if there are incompetent players, then in that case it might make sense, to keep other players off of the progressive, guaranteeing the royal to you, assuming you never give up the machines.

At the end of the day — you have an advantage. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1 player * 30 hours * 0.01 or 6 players * 5 hours * 0.01.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 13th, 2018 at 12:12:35 AM permalink
The people who haven't hit royals in a Hwile should play max bet, then the people who already have been hitting a bunch of royals can AFK on the machines while browsing this site or reddit or something
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 13th, 2018 at 5:40:36 AM permalink
I would recommend only having 5 play max coin and the sixth player should be designated as the Hydration Manager. His responsibility would be making sure four of the players always have a full bottle of water and that Axel has a full Crown Royal.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: