ChipSlinger
ChipSlinger
  • Threads: 1
May 23rd, 2018 at 9:53:30 AM permalink
While I completely understand the obligation to pay taxes on winnings, I ponder the effectiveness of minimizing W2Gs. Specifically, when playing 50-play .25 9/6 JOB, is there validity to the logic of playing 38 hands to eliminate the W2G on a dealt 4OAC? I get there are still plenty of hand-pay scenarios in the game, just looking for a reasonable cutoff that manages variance better than a $10 single line/$5 3-play, allows tier credit accumulation at a rate that doesn't require playing 6-8 hours per day and limits the time spent, and inconvenience of, waiting for paperwork.

I've been primarily a single line player so please excuse my ignorance of nuances of multi-play money and game management.

Thanks,
Chip
ChipSlinger
ChipSlinger
  • Threads: 1
May 29th, 2018 at 5:26:19 PM permalink
That was a little surprising
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 29th, 2018 at 7:43:39 PM permalink
Welcome to the forum, Chipslinger. Maybe some of the experts will take another look at this question. I do know many play carefully to avoid the W2G threshold, unless there's a particular benefit to crossing it, so it's probably a worthwhile discussion.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 29th, 2018 at 9:05:21 PM permalink
I was going to respond to this before but I was pressed on time. Perhaps later when I have more time. But there definitely is merit to trying to keep variance low, low likelihood of hitting a taxable, while being able to jam through some action.

But it’s a matter of personal opinion concerning how much you want to stay away from taxables and keep variance low. Some might stay “low” by playing $5 denom while someone else may stick to 5c 100-play.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 30th, 2018 at 1:30:12 PM permalink
Quote: ChipSlinger

While I completely understand the obligation to pay taxes on winnings, I ponder the effectiveness of minimizing W2Gs. Specifically, when playing 50-play .25 9/6 JOB, is there validity to the logic of playing 38 hands to eliminate the W2G on a dealt 4OAC? I get there are still plenty of hand-pay scenarios in the game, just looking for a reasonable cutoff that manages variance better than a $10 single line/$5 3-play, allows tier credit accumulation at a rate that doesn't require playing 6-8 hours per day and limits the time spent, and inconvenience of, waiting for paperwork.

I've been primarily a single line player so please excuse my ignorance of nuances of multi-play money and game management.

Thanks,
Chip

Dealt 4 of a kinds don't happen enough for me to try and avoid them. I will play less hands than max on $1 50 play 9/6 JOB to avoid frequent hand pays. Often I will play 26 hands to avoid dealt full house jackpots.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: