Nicname
Nicname
Joined: Jan 22, 2018
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 3
January 22nd, 2018 at 4:29:14 AM permalink
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, but I'm confused on how much to bet when vulturing multipliers left by another player.

I've seen many advocate only betting 5 coins per hand when multipliers are found, but the machine bank in my local casino seems to only allow you to play the multipliers by betting 10 coins. Is this the case on some machines or I missing something.

-----

Last question is regarding the 10-play versions. There are often multipliers left on 10-play nickel games like the others, but I worry that a single or two 2x or 4x multiplier is enoug to be plus-ev with 8 other non-multiplied hands. Is this so, or is it just higher variance?
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
Thanks for this post from:
Nicname
January 22nd, 2018 at 4:43:09 AM permalink
You would take the return per line, multiply by the number of lines, and divide by the total number of 5 coin bets.

For simplicity, let's say you have a 10 line game with a single 2x (9 1x + 1 2x = 11 x) where each line pays 95% on a 5 coin per line bet.

That's .95 x 11 / 10 = 104.5% return.

If that game requires a 10 coin per line bet, that's .95 x 11 / 20 = 52.25% return, but you are also buying future multipliers.
Last edited by: prozema on Jan 22, 2018
BTLWI
BTLWI
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 433
January 22nd, 2018 at 6:54:02 AM permalink
There was somewhere in Vegas I played last month where on $.25 and above you had to bet 10 to play off multipliers. First time I'd ever seen UX like that.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Thanks for this post from:
Nicname
January 22nd, 2018 at 7:21:03 AM permalink
One of two things.

1) These particular machines have a set "minimum bet" on them. Look somewhere at the bottom of the screen to see. This is usually on smaller denominations.

2) You're trying to vulture UX Bonus Streak which needs a max bet to play off the multipliers. UX Spin Poker works the same way.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
standbymyman
standbymyman
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 182
January 22nd, 2018 at 9:29:08 AM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

There was somewhere in Vegas I played last month where on $.25 and above you had to bet 10 to play off multipliers. First time I'd ever seen UX like that.




I think that happened at Red Rock to me, though it is extremely rare to find a multiplier there.
mamat
mamat
Joined: Jul 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 494
Thanks for this post from:
Nicname
January 23rd, 2018 at 12:46:08 PM permalink
Any Ultimate X game can be set with a "minimum bet" which forces you to bet 10 coins. Look for a tiny note on the screen (lower right I think) which says "Minimum bet $1.50".

A small non-Vegas casino does this on all their UX: 0.10 and 0.25 (Can't remember if they had 0.05).

Cosmopolitan has minimums on some 0.25 & 0.50 (but not on smaller 0.05 & 0.10, or larger $1, $2, $5).
Locals tell me that they change the UX games that have "minimum bet" on a whim...

Quote: Ibeatyouraces

2) You're trying to vulture UX Bonus Streak which needs a max bet to play off the multipliers. UX Spin Poker works the same way.

Quote: Nicname

Last question is regarding the 10-play versions. There are often multipliers left on 10-play nickel games like the others, but I worry that a single or two 2x or 4x multiplier is enoug to be plus-ev with 8 other non-multiplied hands. Is this so, or is it just higher variance?

If you bet 5 coins, just one 2x multiplier is good enough to play.

If you bet ten coins, you need an average multiplier of 2.1x (or higher) to play.
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
Thanks for this post from:
camapl
January 23rd, 2018 at 12:50:54 PM permalink
Quote: mamat

Any Ultimate X game can be set with a "minimum bet" which forces you to bet 10 coins. Look for a tiny note on the screen (lower right I think) which says "Minimum bet $1.50".

A small non-Vegas casino does this on all their UX: 0.10 and 0.25 (Can't remember if they had 0.05).

Cosmopolitan has minimums on some 0.25 & 0.50 (but not on smaller 0.05 & 0.10, or larger $1, $2, $5).
Locals tell me that they change the UX games that have "minimum bet" on a whim...



I hope my local casinos don't see this post... Or then again maybe I should send it to them. I seem to be the only guy that ever checks bonus streak... It would be sweet if everyone else just gave up on ux vulturing.
mamat
mamat
Joined: Jul 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 494
January 23rd, 2018 at 12:53:13 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

I hope my local casinos don't see this post.

In some casinos, UX is the only video poker under 0.25.

So lots of people play 1-5 coin, because it's the only game where they can bet 0.05 & 0.10.
If casinos wanted to force a 10-coin bet, they probably would have set it up in the beginning.

The small casino which forces people to bet 10 coins at 0.10 & 0.25, set those machines that way when they first installed them.
They waited 3-4 years after 2008 to install UX, and only installed 2 machines.
RogerKint
RogerKint
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1911
January 23rd, 2018 at 2:15:06 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

I seem to be the only guy that ever checks bonus streak...



Maybe your competition is waiting for at least 2x on every line.
100% risk of ruin
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
January 23rd, 2018 at 3:28:12 PM permalink
I honestly don't ever see them even looking. I don't think they can afford the variance that comes with the required 10 coin bet... Especially on 10 play quarters.

  • Jump to: