23 members have voted

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 60
Thanks for this post from:
kgb92
October 26th, 2017 at 3:45:51 AM permalink
Amazing video!

I truthfully don't think I could play that quick even if I didn't look at the cards and just pushed the deal/draw button.
Mikey75
Mikey75
  • Threads: 48
October 26th, 2017 at 7:29:07 AM permalink
Quote: kgb92

Hello forum. I'm Ken, and I took the poll and selected 10 minutes doesn't mean jack!!

If there ever is a record set then I anticipate mine being shattered and a new record set or possibly set many times over. After that I hope to have an opportunity to consider training specifically to break the record. The record should settle on someone who receives many lucky hands in the 10 minute window, such as toss all 5 cards in Deuces Wild.

If someone would like action on whether this could be kept up for a full hour then I would like to bet on that. And maybe a 12 or 24 hour challenge as well. Also, a 3 machine challenge.

Thanks to Mike the Wizard for his interest in this product. I have been wanting a video for awhile and I got 2!!!

I do have a fast machine in town in mind for a future gold medal attempt ;)

Ken

Ken, my hats off to you!! Fabulous play!! I can't play perfect going slow. To play perfect that fast is totally amazing!!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1382
VladAlex1
October 26th, 2017 at 8:00:08 AM permalink
Thanks for joining us Ken. I would also be interested in any bet that Ken could play at a high rate for 8 to 24 hours. This could easily be tracked with points on a player card.

I don't think we'll every see anybody beat your record by much.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
October 26th, 2017 at 9:08:11 AM permalink
Quote: Mikey75

Ken, my hats off to you!! Fabulous play!! I can't play perfect going slow. To play perfect that fast is totally amazing!!

Totally agree. Even when I thought I saw an error upon investigation I found I was wrong, not Ken. VERY impressive!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 26th, 2017 at 9:36:17 AM permalink
Thanks for answering the Wizard's call Ken! Your skills are amazing. Have you come across other players who could compete with you in a 10 minute sprint?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
RomessmoothgrhVladAlex1tringlomaneRealizeGamingZuga
October 26th, 2017 at 1:17:33 PM permalink
I have finished reviewing the video. Here are the results:

Hands played: 257
Errors: 0
Time: 10 minutes, 2 seconds
Hands per hour rate: 1,537

Congratulations Ken on setting a very high bar to beat!
BobDancer
BobDancer
  • Threads: 21
October 26th, 2017 at 2:07:48 PM permalink
A very impressive performance. I probably can play about 2/3 that fast and I've been doing this for more than 20 years. (Of course, I'm 70 years of age. A lot of things have slowed down!)

Although I haven't seen him in a couple of years, I'm convinced Frank Kneeland is faster. if you play two machines simultaneously, Frank is considerably faster. He played at about 80% of Ken's speed with each hand --- and he could go for hours.

While I haven't played FPDW in years, it struck me that it is an easier game to play than NSU.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
October 26th, 2017 at 2:25:25 PM permalink
Quote: BobDancer

A very impressive performance. I probably can play about 2/3 that fast and I've been doing this for more than 20 years. (Of course, I'm 70 years of age. A lot of things have slowed down!)

Hi Bob. Glad you found this thread. I was thinking of pinging you about it.

Quote:

Although I haven't seen him in a couple of years, I'm convinced Frank Kneeland is faster. if you play two machines simultaneously, Frank is considerably faster. He played at about 80% of Ken's speed with each hand --- and he could go for hours.

I offered Frank the opportunity to do this challenge some years ago and he said his speed was was off from his all-time high, thanks to getting older, and thought there were younger players around who were faster.

Nevertheless, please do mention this challenge to anyone you care to. I would appreciate help drawing more publicity towards it.

Quote:

While I haven't played FPDW in years, it struck me that it is an easier game to play than NSU.

I agree.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
October 26th, 2017 at 6:37:25 PM permalink
Here is the full video of the single-machine challenge. I look so small standing next to Ken there in the introduction.

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 26th, 2017 at 6:56:23 PM permalink
Embedded videos no longer work for me on here. It says plug in not supported. Anyone know how to fix?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

• Jump to: