Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
October 19th, 2016 at 2:00:54 PM permalink
I'm heading to Vegas the first week of November and a few poker buddies are going to be joining me. While I love video poker, they have no experience at the game. We've been toying with the idea of doing a pool where we would all chip in something like 500 bux and play till it's gone.

Does anybody have any experience doing this? Standard arrangements? Just split everything evenly? I'm the only one who will be playing. I'm just looking for some basic advice from any of you that have done this before.

Thanks.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 19th, 2016 at 2:09:35 PM permalink
Search the site. There have been a few theads with long discussions on it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 19th, 2016 at 2:10:17 PM permalink
Oh okay. Thanks.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 19th, 2016 at 2:37:18 PM permalink
Search slot pull though, not video poker.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 19th, 2016 at 2:54:16 PM permalink
Yeah I was just about to come back and ask for suggestions on search terms. Wasn't finding anything. Thanks again.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
October 19th, 2016 at 3:21:02 PM permalink
Dueces Wild at PALMS if you know the strategy. Nice cocktail service but that will affect your ability to play the correct strategy.

Otherwise, I guess look at VPFREE2.com to see who has the best games where you want to earn some player's club points.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
October 19th, 2016 at 3:31:19 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

I'm heading to Vegas the first week of November and a few poker buddies are going to be joining me. While I love video poker, they have no experience at the game. We've been toying with the idea of doing a pool where we would all chip in something like 500 bux and play till it's gone.

Does anybody have any experience doing this? Standard arrangements? Just split everything evenly? I'm the only one who will be playing. I'm just looking for some basic advice from any of you that have done this before.

Thanks.

Pick a game that everybody knows and understands. MAKE SURE THAT EVERYBODY KNOWS THE PROPER STRATEGY. Otherwise, those that don't play properly will be a huge and unjustified drain on the collective bankroll. Now, find a place that has several of those machines adjacent or near to one another. Have one person hold the team bankroll. Everybody plays for X amount of time. At the end of the session, everybody cashes out and gives the ticket to the bankroll person. When you're finally done, distribute the balance of the team bankroll proportionately.

This way, it doesn't matter whose individual luck is good or bad. Otherwise, I GUARANTEE there will be problems. What would the conversation be like, for example, if one guy hit two royals but the team lost money? Would he be happy with your giving him back $400 of his original $500? Or for that matter, giving him $700 (the team booked a win of $200 per player, thanks to his royals)?

Better make it clear that it's a shared bankroll and that everybody has to learn to play the game correctly. Everyone should have his/her own slot club card.
  • Jump to: