brettecantwell
brettecantwell
  • Threads: 12
December 19th, 2015 at 7:56:09 AM permalink
I was curious about good ways to build points on my players card. I wanted to make sure i did the math right. My local place does not award points on their bank of full pay VP. The have alot of mediocre pay tables but they do award points. If point building is the main concern then it would be a good bet to play on these machines but only up the expected loss of my free play offer?

On 2x day they have 2x points and also 2x match play. Example i give 10 bucks and i get 20 bucks for "on the house" play. On 2x day, 2.50$ churn is awarded 1 point. Playing 5x Nickel denom on 6/5 Bonus Poker (96.88%) and including the points i gather as i play i came up with an expected loss of .0068$ on each hand. Meaning i can play 1470 hands and earn close to 150 points on my players card and still theoretically be even long term? Considering that would be about 10 dollars i lost playing but got nearly 10 dollars free EV from my match play.

The pay table is not good but there is .25c denom and it bumps up JOB to 8/5 but needs more bank roll. I really hate how they have nice paying VP but will not award points for them :( But even the "Meh" video poker still beats the slots.

Also my above example was like 350ish dollars churned through machine, is there a rule of thumb on how much session bankroll i need to actually take to last 1470 hands, i am sure there is a way to calculate with a certain confidence but i am not one of the big math guys so maybe someone can assist me there.

Just wanted to make sure how i figured my match play scenario and if it is sound.

Thanks.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 19th, 2015 at 4:24:08 PM permalink
There is an equation I am sure to see how much you need but from experience $100 on 8/5 should get you at least 800 hands at .25 denom. Of course it could be better or worse so to get 1500 hands I would have$250 on me to be pretty safe.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: