metalbat13
metalbat13
  • Threads: 1
September 30th, 2014 at 9:02:04 PM permalink
In his strategy table for THREE WAY ACTION video poker, the Wizard shows the following hold strategy:

32. Four to an inside straight with 2-3 high cards
33. Two to a royal 10 low
34. Four to an inside straight with 1 high card
35. Three to a flush with zero high cards
36. Two high cards
37. One high card

My question is: what do you do with a hand like ace (clubs) jack (hearts) plus three low cards of all different suits? (This is a pay table where the seven card payout needs three of a kind, instead of two high pairs, to return even money.)

Following the Wizard's chart verbatim appears to indicate that I should hold both the ace and jack, but it seems that (with the high payout for aces on both the five-card and seven card draw hands), that the correct play is to hold the ace.

Also, what about THREE high cards (all different suits) with one of them being an ace? I don't see three high cards (ace high) listed in the Wizard's strategy chart anywhere, either.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
September 30th, 2014 at 9:13:51 PM permalink
three way action strategy:

try to get two chicks.
get second you pig
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
September 30th, 2014 at 11:33:50 PM permalink
Considering the 5 card draw still requires you to get "Jacks or Better", I'd hold on to the high cards.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
October 1st, 2014 at 12:21:35 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

three way action strategy:

try to get two chicks.

Not all of us have a million dollars.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
CTheWorld
CTheWorld
  • Threads: 0
December 15th, 2019 at 9:44:40 PM permalink
Quote: metalbat13

My question is: what do you do with a hand like ace (clubs) jack (hearts) plus three low cards of all different suits? (This is a pay table where the seven card payout needs three of a kind, instead of two high pairs, to return even money.)

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I happened to see this after reading a more recent thread on this game.

When I tried to analyze this, holding just the ace looked like a much better play.
In general it looked like: Ace > KQJ > QJ > 1 Hi card [ > 2 Hi card]
  • Jump to: