HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
July 23rd, 2014 at 11:34:32 PM permalink
I'm excited to announce I just purchased the Wizard's video poker wizard app! I'm excited but a bit nervous as video poker has never been a game I put too much time in. I'm hoping it ends in great results.

I'm supposed to play jacks or better and look at the pay scale, right?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
July 23rd, 2014 at 11:35:55 PM permalink
What does 9/6 mean? And how do I find it on the screen?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
July 24th, 2014 at 1:15:50 AM permalink
9 is the payout for a full house. And 6 is the payout for a flush on a 1 credit bet. Just look at the pay table.

Even though I didn't post much there (or here either), Gamblers Glen was once the best forum for serious roulette strategy. There was always a back and forth argument between the so called math boys (who use visual ballistics and computers) and the betting system players. Eventually it got over moderated and no one was really free to say whatever anymore so everybody left. Also, the owner has gone MIA for about the last 5 years so things fell apart.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
July 24th, 2014 at 6:17:54 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

serious roulette strategy. .

Other then searching for an unbalanced wheel, serious roulette strategy? Really.
If I am blindly setting down bets, isnt it the same exact house advantage no matter what I do.
How can roulette strategy affect the house edge???????????
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
July 24th, 2014 at 8:28:30 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 24th, 2014 at 11:13:03 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

What does 9/6 mean? And how do I find it on the screen?

Tap the HELP or HELP/PAYS button to bring up the pay table. There you look for 6 as payout for a flush and 9 for full house, both at one coin (but bet 5 coins always).

I've no idea where you can find 9/6 on the Strip. Downtown there is a bank of $0.25 cent ($2.25 at five coins per hand) machines near the cage at the Four Queens, with signs advertising the fact. You can also check out VPfree for pay tables in other places.

If you would rather begin to immerse in VP at a lower level, I recommned the Loose Deuces machine at the D. Of course that's an entirely different strategy than Jacks of Better. It's between the Sigma Derby and the sports book in the upper floor. It takes nickels only, so the hand costs you a quarter at full coin. The downside is that the most you can win is $200 with a royal.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 24th, 2014 at 11:21:13 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I've no idea where you can find 9/6 on the Strip. Downtown there is a bank of $0.25 cent ($2.25 at five coins per hand) machines near the cage at the Four Queens, with signs advertising the fact. You can also check out VPfree for pay tables in other places.

Some ancient quarter units at NYNY that earn you no points that are near hotel registration have 9/6 JoB. Outside of that, it's a minimum of $5 per hand to play (dollar level).

On the strip, the better play is almost always Bonus Poker vs. JoB. The strategy is nearly the same as JoB at least.

The only time JoB is the better game is if the full house and flush payouts are 2 or more units higher.

Common Downtown examples:
9/6 JoB > 8/5 Bonus
8/5 Bonus > 9/5 JoB

Common Strip examples:

7/5 Bonus > 8/5 JoB
6/5 Bonus > 7/5 JoB
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
July 24th, 2014 at 11:32:26 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I'm excited to announce I just purchased the Wizard's video poker wizard app! I'm excited but a bit nervous as video poker has never been a game I put too much time in. I'm hoping it ends in great results.

I'm supposed to play jacks or better and look at the pay scale, right?

Since no one else has mentioned it....why did you post this here, in the discussion about the suspension list? Probably would get better responses if you posted it in the VP forum...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
July 24th, 2014 at 12:46:09 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

1. 9 for a full house/6 for a flush.
2. In Vegas, rarely.

9/6 JoB is all over the place in Vegas, even on the strip. It is hard to find below $1 denom (although there are a few places...)
  • Jump to: