tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
August 9th, 2013 at 8:45:31 PM permalink
tringlomane
tringlomane
August 9th, 2013 at 10:20:17 PM permalink
Maybe I wasn't wrong with the straight glitch either...maybe it currently picks the first one it sees or something.

I feel like it should highlight the highest straight, AKQ.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
August 10th, 2013 at 3:54:50 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

Royal is only paying 250!!!!!!!!

Looking into it right now. Those are so rare I feel like I owe you the balance of your win! It does look nice though. Was it dealt to you?
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
August 10th, 2013 at 3:58:31 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Maybe I wasn't wrong with the straight glitch either...maybe it currently picks the first one it sees or something.

I feel like it should highlight the highest straight, AKQ.

Checking the straight out too. It should be ace, king, queen which may be the reason the royal flush hand didn't pay correctly because it doesn't have the ace as a high card value. Thanks to both of you for the screenshots....will get it fixed.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
August 10th, 2013 at 6:55:52 PM permalink
Things should be cleared up in case someone else hits a Royal Flush. Let me know anyone notices anything else wrong. I talked to my programmer and he mentioned that the straight in the three card hand should not be an issue as far as wins are concerned. It will still correctly award a three card straight, although it may not always be the highest straight.

Here is the link to the game once again.

Bonus Discard Poker Demo
tringlomane
tringlomane
August 10th, 2013 at 10:00:27 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

Things should be cleared up in case someone else hits a Royal Flush. Let me know anyone notices anything else wrong. I talked to my programmer and he mentioned that the straight in the three card hand should not be an issue as far as wins are concerned. It will still correctly award a three card straight, although it may not always be the highest straight.

Right, it's more of a consistency issue than anything else. It doesn't matter in the results, but in my opinion, games should always highlight the highest winner in scenarios like these even if they are of equal value as in this case.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
August 11th, 2013 at 4:08:00 AM permalink
I agree. The programmer said when it is a win in the discard hand and there is more than one possible straight, the algorithm chooses the first one. It shouldn't affect the game though.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
December 29th, 2013 at 4:20:14 PM permalink
A quick update regarding Bonus Discard Poker. I'm currently working with a mathematician from this site to get the correct pay tables in place for the game. Once I get the correct pay table, I will hire another person to create another demo for the game (I got burned by the last person I hired to do the game...the site is no longer up and I can't get in touch with him). I look forward to sharing the updated game with everyone on here sometime in January.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 29th, 2013 at 6:33:07 PM permalink
Great game, I'll be looking forward to trying out the realistic version!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 29th, 2013 at 10:28:39 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

A quick update regarding Bonus Discard Poker. I'm currently working with a mathematician from this site to get the correct pay tables in place for the game. Once I get the correct pay table, I will hire another person to create another demo for the game (I got burned by the last person I hired to do the game...the site is no longer up and I can't get in touch with him). I look forward to sharing the updated game with everyone on here sometime in January.

Also looking forward to that.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: