Wungee
Wungee
  • Threads: 8
January 15th, 2013 at 10:45:31 PM permalink
I recently played an interesting hand, and had a question about Optimal Strategy found on the Wizards Strategy page. I was dealt 7, T, J all hearts, and K, A off suit. The hand analyzer shows that 7TJ suited is the optimal play (barely). This lead me to review Optimal Strategy again, and after doing so, it seems to me that 3 to a type 2 SF should be ahead of ST4 with 3 high cards, with the noted exception C. Because the way I read note C, you would almost always choose the 3 to a SF. The only hand I see where you would choose the 4 to a straight is 89Q suited, TK offsuit, since the T is a straight penalty.

I may be reading something wrong, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
randomperson
randomperson
  • Threads: 3
January 16th, 2013 at 7:37:03 AM permalink
Quote: Wungee

I recently played an interesting hand, and had a question about Optimal Strategy found on the Wizards Strategy page. I was dealt 7, T, J all hearts, and K, A off suit. The hand analyzer shows that 7TJ suited is the optimal play (barely). This lead me to review Optimal Strategy again, and after doing so, it seems to me that 3 to a type 2 SF should be ahead of ST4 with 3 high cards, with the noted exception C. Because the way I read note C, you would almost always choose the 3 to a SF. The only hand I see where you would choose the 4 to a straight is 89Q suited, TK offsuit, since the T is a straight penalty.

I may be reading something wrong, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also qt8 with a jack kt9 with a queen or jack would work.
  • Jump to: