PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 20
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
January 7th, 2018 at 5:17:38 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I don't know. The hostel art piece looks a little creepy to me. Enjoying the thread though.

Haha I can see how someone might be creeped out by it. I really like it though, does that say something about me? I love the Goku doll from my favourite anime, Dragonball Z. It is in the red section.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 225
January 7th, 2018 at 5:30:37 PM permalink
Iím enjoying the TR very much PG! Did you get a chip from the housegame? How was the rake?
When I die, I want everyone who ever worked with me on a group project to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 89
January 7th, 2018 at 5:36:13 PM permalink
Amazing how cheap some of these countries are. If you bought all that around here it would easily be $50
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
January 7th, 2018 at 5:52:33 PM permalink
I did get a chip. The rake was standard for Asia, actually on second thought cheap for Asia. 5% up to 500 Baht which is just under $16 USD.

GWAE that is nothing. Bangkok is one of the most expensive places Iím going to visit in Asia. My entire month in India will be about $650 USD which includes a lot of high end travel. I will be flying a lot, all my train tickets are 1st class and Iím staying in the nicest hostels. The $650 also includes day to day expenses. You can live VERY well in these countries for very little money.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
Mikey75
Mikey75
  • Threads: 48
January 7th, 2018 at 6:24:45 PM permalink
Thanks for writing this report. I am definitely enjoying following along.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
January 7th, 2018 at 6:27:55 PM permalink
Iím glad you are enjoying it Mikey. I will be keeping it updated over the next 3+ months so I hope you and others enjoy the journey.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
January 8th, 2018 at 5:27:22 AM permalink
Well I made it to Sri Lanka. I got very lucky finding the hostel and got ripped off by a tuk tuk but only for a few hundred rupees so I donít really care because it is $1.30 usd that I might have been screwed over for. Basically I donít care lol.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 260
January 8th, 2018 at 5:48:36 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

got ripped off by a tuk tuk but only for $1.30 usd .

When in Rome do as the Romans do... and kill the tuk tuk driver over a $1.30. Not a Tamil area I assume.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 89
January 8th, 2018 at 7:48:57 AM permalink

I did get a chip. The rake was standard for Asia, actually on second thought cheap for Asia. 5% up to 500 Baht which is just under $16 USD.

GWAE that is nothing. Bangkok is one of the most expensive places Iím going to visit in Asia. My entire month in India will be about $650 USD which includes a lot of high end travel. I will be flying a lot, all my train tickets are 1st class and Iím staying in the nicest hostels. The $650 also includes day to day expenses. You can live VERY well in these countries for very little money.

On occasion I will drive uber for a while. I picked up some guy from morocco and we were talking about the country. He gave me his number and said if I ever wanted to visit that I should call him and for $100 USD he would be my personal tour guide all week and I would probably only need about $150 a person for a week including food, housing, souvenir, and activities. I thought he was crazy, but maybe not?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Romes
Romes 
  • Threads: 26
January 8th, 2018 at 8:40:29 AM permalink
Awesome trip report as always! Love all the pictures, places, and people. Ave certainly seems to smile at you a lot! Just sayin, I hope there's more to that story =P. Thanks for posting the trip report, I really enjoy seeing all of the places I've been unable to make it to so far and hearing about your fun adventures!

Well I made it to Sri Lanka. I got very lucky finding the hostel and got ripped off by a tuk tuk but only for a few hundred rupees so I donít really care because it is $1.30 usd that I might have been screwed over for. Basically I donít care lol.

tuk tuk? How did they rip you off?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.

• Jump to: