Im in Saigon for vacation.
apparently 5star hotels are allowed to have casinos inside.
Vietnam law states that Vietnam citizens are not allowed to gamble there, so you have to show your passport before entering.
there are like 8 casinos in Saigon. they all only accept US dollars. they will exchange VND to USD.
here are the 4 I visited because they were within walking distance of where I was staying.
None had live dealers or video poker. :( all 4 were very small. (only a few dozen slots.)
1) Rex Hotel: accepts copy of passport. has e-Bac/bj/roulette. e-BJ is 8 or 10 deck (depending on machine), s17, surrender, 2 split max, no rsa.
2) Grand Hotel: accepts copy of passport. has e-Bac/bj/roulette/Sic Bo. e-BJ is 6 decks, s17, 4 split, no RSA, surrender.
Roulette promo rumor: if you hit the same # twice, you win 10x your flat bet. don't know if you're allowed to increase the flat bet size after the 1st win. didn't notice what the minimum bet is for e-Roulette but google says $0.25.
didn't ask for confirmation about this promo.
3) Hotel Majestic: accepts copy of passport. has e-Bac/roulette. no BJ. it wasn't busy. Multiple hostesses standing around. One Hostess followed me like a lost puppy.
4) Caravelle hotel: Required original passport, HUGE e-roulette area. e-bac, e-bj= 8deck, s17,4 split, surrender, no rsa
5) New World Hotel: accepts copy of passport. don't remember anything else
6) Sheraton Saigon: I used original passport so don't know if they accepted copies. e-roulette/bac/bj=8deck,s17, 4 split, surrender, RSA! .285% HE!!!
a hostess followed me around. now I think I know why they do that... in case I have questions, which I did. after looking the place over, asked about video poker. she said no. :(
Threre's also a 9th casino. it's just outside the Saigon city limits.
it's called The Grand Ho Tram Strip Casino and is 2hrs away.
It's the closest thing to a US casino. ie: live dealers
Google says there's a poker room for live poker
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Sep 21, 2017
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice).
Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)