wonderwarthog
wonderwarthog
  • Threads: 2
April 17th, 2011 at 3:49:42 PM permalink
I'm surprised there aren't more threads on this game. Is there another place on the website? I have played a little and read the strategy charts, but would like to hone my play. The payouts, even on the trips, seem BJ and craps-like. In fact, the rhythms of winning and losing are similar in craps and hold 'em. My questions are: 1) What's a good bankroll if your aim is to win or lose $1,000? 2) Do you play trips at all and if you do, what are ratios of blind/ante to trips (mine has been 4-1 or 5-1, but I don't live and die on that? 3) What experiences have you had playing and what do you think of the ways others play? I was appalled by the betting and play of about 75% of the players I watched or played with, especially their unwillingness to make a play bet early. As someone else said, many people just routinely go to the river and fold or bet. Other strategy questions?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 17th, 2011 at 4:00:18 PM permalink
There are quite a few threads, search Ultimate. At $5 ante/blind, you will see $1,000 swings in bankroll quite easily. You should probably have at least $2K to play with. If you want to win $1,000 in a session, you should probably bet $10-$20 on the ante, and something on the trips if it's a good paytable. Ratio doesn't matter, it's all in how much risk you want to take. On the good paytables, house edge is about the same between ante and trips. People play horribly, practice the strategy on discount gambling and use the Wizards UTH calculator.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: