SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 28th, 2011 at 6:13:45 AM permalink
The Direct Bet Offer is very different from match play. Besides it's being limited to half plays like ONLY pass line in craps and player in baccarat, it means that if you win the wager, you will be JUST paid the winning chip and NOT the original wager. That condition is not really explicit, even in the small type.

That means that if you're doing something like hedging, say, $40 on don't pass and $25 direct bet on pass, as is typical with match play, the hedge should be changed to $15 or $20 on the don't.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
March 30th, 2011 at 12:44:15 PM permalink
This is the way i've found all "Promo" Chips to work...you play them, if you win, they take the promotion chip and give you house chip
IE: $25 "Promo Chip" on the Pass Line; 7 come-out winner, they take the chip and give you a $25 chip. End of story.
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
March 30th, 2011 at 5:27:52 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

This is the way i've found all "Promo" Chips to work...you play them, if you win, they take the promotion chip and give you house chip
IE: $25 "Promo Chip" on the Pass Line; 7 come-out winner, they take the chip and give you a $25 chip. End of story.

Not always the case. For instance, the Sahara has had a long-standing LVA offer to get $50 in "non-negotiable" chips for $40. But you only forfeit them when you actually lose; if you win, you are paid the same amount you bet in regular chips, and retain the funny ones.

Obviously, "one bet, win or lose" chips that are forfeited whether you win or lose are only worth 50% (or less) of their face value.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 30th, 2011 at 10:58:43 PM permalink
Be sure to distinguish free-bets/promo chips from non-negotiable chips. They are played differently, as explained above. It is usually easy to tell them apart. Non-negotiables stand out and are quite rare to find.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
iambabyd
iambabyd
  • Threads: 3
March 31st, 2011 at 7:55:04 AM permalink
How about this wonderful one : I got an offer from the Monte Carlo for $1200 in promotional chips after 4 hours of rated play. No surprises, I knew I had to have a $25+ average to get rated and was just fine with that. I knew that once I got the chips I could bet and if I lost, the promotional chip bet goes away and if I won the promotional chip bet gets paid in regular chips and the promotional chip goes away. No surprises there. The surprise came when I received my chips. I had to go to the cage, where a host met me. I signed the necessary forms, showed my ID, and was given a thousand dollar cheque and two hundred-dollar cheques. I asked if I could break the cheques down at the cage and was told NO. One of the main reasons I accepted the offer was because I felt I could play hours on end of $25 pai gow, get drunk, and have a great time. But..NO. I complained to the host that it's terrible business and extremely sneaky and I would never stay again. I was told that there's nothing he could do. So, I went to roulette..put the thousand on black, the two hundred on red..and luckily the black came up so I didn't feel too bad but it was still totally wrong of them in my eyes and I have never returned.
Founder and Editor-in-Chief, GamblersGrind.com and HoopsHabit.com.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 31st, 2011 at 8:04:12 AM permalink
Quote: iambabyd

I signed the necessary forms, showed my ID, and was given a thousand dollar cheque and two hundred-dollar cheques.

I agree that's really wrong. That should have been specified in the offer at the very least. And I do mean specified: "promotional chips consist of 2 $100 and 1 $1,000 chuques only." Not some vague generality like "management reserves the right to determine the denomination of the promotional chips," or any other such nonsense.

At least you won the $1,000 bet. And you didn't give it back to them.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: