Poll

8 votes (24.24%)
25 votes (75.75%)

33 members have voted

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 6th, 2023 at 11:01:29 AM permalink
Here's the deal. If there is a consensus (a generally accepted decision among a group of people) that I should keep going in the roulette thread please make your choice known in this poll. I will abide by whatever the decision is, but it has to be a majority decision. In order for the poll to be legitimate there has to be a minimum of 25 votes. If the result is for me to stop talking about roulette then the roulette thread will be closed as well as this thread.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 6th, 2023 at 3:38:38 PM permalink
9 people heard from so far, looking good for the Nays. All we need is 6 more no's and the poll is over and the roulette thread goes away forever. There will be joy in Whoville, the Grinch will be defeated.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 6th, 2023 at 3:51:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

9 people heard from so far, looking good for the Nays. All we need is 6 more no's and the poll is over and the roulette thread goes away forever. There will be joy in Whoville, the Grinch will be defeated.
link to original post

9+6=15

15 is majority vote of 25? Not 13?

Is this math designed for winning at roulette?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 6th, 2023 at 4:50:48 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

When I did the calculation there were seven no's, duh.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
rainmanHunterhillOnceDear
August 6th, 2023 at 4:54:35 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

You can’t make this stuff up!

I will not vote.

EB clearly does not win at roulette. Never has. Has never paid his bills via roulette winning. He has embarrassed the Wiz by starting a sham challenge. He has had multiple different and quite simple opportunities to show his claims are true. Since they are not true, he has avoided all reasonable opportunities to show us there is a shred of evidence supporting his silly claims.

EB will use the forum vote as a cover for avoiding the continual embarrassment of being shown to be another anonymous internet poster making ludicrous claims, and not even being able to make up reasonable explanations. You know, because sometimes the wheel ‘isn’t playing his game’.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 6th, 2023 at 5:00:18 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

I will not vote.

EB clearly does not win at roulette. Never has. Has never paid his bills via roulette winning. He has embarrassed the Wiz by starting a sham challenge. He has had multiple different and quite simple opportunities to show his claims are true. Since they are not true, he has avoided all reasonable opportunities to show us there is a shred of evidence supporting his silly claims.

EB will use the forum vote as a cover for avoiding the continual embarrassment of being shown to be another anonymous internet poster making ludicrous claims, and not even being able to make up reasonable explanations. You know, because sometimes the wheel ‘isn’t playing his game’.
link to original post

LOL! Broken record, meet Soopoo. Soopoo, meet broken record. You do realize that when you post the same thing 35 or 40 times that it kind of loses all meaning, right? Maybe you don't know that, it would explain a lot. Try to be more original, it might have more of an impact. Naw... LOL
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 6th, 2023 at 5:12:28 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

link to original post

You are correct it was not made up. When I made that calculation there were nine total votes two for yes and seven for no. 6 + 7 is 13. It's not my fault that you read it wrong.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 6th, 2023 at 5:29:25 PM permalink
I wouldn't vote, but your obnoxious behavior today convinced me otherwise. Please put me down as a no.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 6th, 2023 at 5:36:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I wouldn't vote, but your obnoxious behavior today..
link to original post

A lesser person would be insulted by that, but I have a broad back and can take it.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
August 6th, 2023 at 5:40:51 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

I will not vote.

link to original post

LOL! Broken record, meet Soopoo. Soopoo, meet broken record. You do realize that when you post the same thing 35 or 40 times that it kind of loses all meaning, right? Maybe you don't know that, it would explain a lot. Try to be more original, it might have more of an impact. Naw... LOL
link to original post

UH.... Bob have you read all your posts in your broken record thread... I mean Roulette thread?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 6th, 2023 at 5:45:43 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

I will not vote.

link to original post

link to original post

I think if one were to refer to a poster as a broken record, that poster would be you, of course. Your have posted delusional roulette claims I’d surmise over 1000 times! I have just pointed out that none of them are even plausible probably less than 50 times. I could be off on those counts. NOTHING you can write about me doesn’t change the FACT that you do not win at roulette. That you do not pay your bills via roulette winnings. That you weren’t given innumerable opportunities to show you did. Or can. I don’t need to be original. Just truthful.
darkoz
darkoz
August 6th, 2023 at 5:48:29 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

link to original post

You are correct it was not made up. When I made that calculation there were nine total votes two for yes and seven for no. 6 + 7 is 13. It's not my fault that you read it wrong.
link to original post

Okay fair enough. The voting changed after you posted.

But you also stated there had to be at least 25 votes overall.

So if it reaches 13 nay and 24 total you will CONTINUE the roulette thread?

Is that correct based on your original post?
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 6th, 2023 at 6:05:52 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yes it will continue, because 13 to 11 is hardly a consensus

."Consensus is not a majority vote. An option preferred by 51% of people, for example, is generally not enough for consensus."
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
August 6th, 2023 at 6:13:30 PM permalink
I wish the votes were public.

At another forum there was a poll about whether a certain character was a thieving lying low down no good varmint, and probably because voting was anonymous, the vote ended up practically split - no doubt due to sock puppets coming out of the woodwork. Then another poll was posted where the identity of each voter was disclosed, and the tally came in practically 10 to 1 that yes the character was a liar, with only a couple of no votes.

If the voting is at least disclosed at the admin back end I am hoping that the WOV mods are making sure only bona fide members are voting and no sock puppets.

For the record, I voted Yes to maintain the roulette thread.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
August 6th, 2023 at 6:21:40 PM permalink

link to original post

9+6=15

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yes it will continue, because 13 to 11 is hardly a consensus

."Consensus is not a majority vote. An option preferred by 51% of people, for example, is generally not enough for consensus."
link to original post

But what you said just makes no sense.

13 out of 25 WOULD be 51% or at least one majority greater than half of the possible votes. (13 vs 12)

While 13 vs 11 would be greater than 51% and by your own definition that would be a consensus.

Also in the OP you said majority rules. So not clear why you now change it to a majority and a consensus even though you define a consensus by something you just claimed is a simple majority.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
August 6th, 2023 at 6:29:11 PM permalink
I think a reasonable middle ground could be keeping the roulette thread closed until you have you challenge results to post? (Otherwise, what is there new to talk about?)

Personally, I am not going to vote for now, because I can see arguments for both sides (and I am sure at the end of the day you will do whatever you want regardless of the poll results.) And, generally I err on the side of on free speech on issues I am conflicted over.
darkoz
darkoz
August 6th, 2023 at 6:33:12 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

I think a reasonable middle ground could be keeping the roulette thread closed until you have you challenge results to post? (Otherwise, what is there new to talk about?)

Personally, I am not going to vote for now, because I can see arguments for both sides (and I am sure at the end of the day you will do whatever you want regardless of the poll results.) And, generally I err on the side of on free speech on issues I am conflicted over.
link to original post

I agree about free speech issues but if someone asks us whether he should shut up or not it's hardly violating his free speech if we reply.

Like you said he can and probably will come up with some twisted logic to continue.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
August 6th, 2023 at 6:40:04 PM permalink
I’m number 13 for no! Goodbye system betting lol
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
August 7th, 2023 at 1:42:11 AM permalink

Here's the deal. If there is a consensus (a generally accepted decision among a group of people) that I should keep going in the roulette thread please make your choice known in this poll. I will abide by whatever the decision is, but it has to be a majority decision. In order for the poll to be legitimate there has to be a minimum of 25 votes. If the result is for me to stop talking about roulette then the roulette thread will be closed as well as this thread.
link to original post

Yes, Keep Posting 4 votes (19.04%)
No, Shut Up About it 17 votes (80.95%)

Is 80% a consensus? It's certainly a saliant and fitting number after all the nonsense claims that have been made about EvenBob's prowess at GUESSING roulette outcomes.
We are voting on EvenBob's very own choice to "Shut up about it" "for me to stop talking about roulette"

There's clarity there. EvenBob made the offer and we have formed a consensus that we take him up on the offer.
Yayyyyy. He escaped some of the further ridicule. A successful result for EvenBob. Who could have predicted that?

There has been no vote as to whether we believed his unbelievable and absurd claims, but I could easily predict how that would end.

Incidentally, Votes here are too easy to cheat so should not be overvalued.

Don't forget that you can rate this thread as 0*
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 7th, 2023 at 5:31:26 AM permalink
maybe EB should start a new thread and teach everybody how to beat Baccarat and let it run for 13 or 14 years

the pattern sequencing may be different than roulette

and the house edge is much less - not that EB cares about that - he somewhere stated it doesn't matter in the least to him if it's a one zero or 2 zero roulette wheel

Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
teliot
August 7th, 2023 at 5:33:16 AM permalink
The people done spoke, and the results are in.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: