Nimadamus
Nimadamus
Joined: Jan 16, 2016
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 39
January 1st, 2020 at 8:02:43 PM permalink
About 15 years ago, a buddy of mine showed me Pai Gow poker, and I also worked as a third party proposition player for one of those gaming corporations you see in the card rooms. I developed a liking for pai poker and that and blackjack were my games of choice. It used to be a decent game, and seemed pretty fair. Win some, lose some. I would bank often and sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldnt. Nothing really alarming.

Now, fast forward to recent years. Not only has regular pai gow seemingly gotten worse (the dealer getting better hands far too often) but Im sure you're aware that recently there has been a new variation called Face up Pai Gow. It is so utterly shameless that it is truly laughable. The dealer gets two pairs, or an ace high (which is a push) so astonishingly reegularly that it cant possibly be random. They will run off 20 Ace highs without ever getting a King or Queen High. I know Im not this unlucky. When they are not getting an Ace high or Pair-Pair they are getting A straight with an Ace, or a flush with a pair, Full house, etc. Maybe one out of every 10 times do they get a bad hand. EVERY TIME. I am not exaggerating and I am absolutely certain that this cant possibly be a coincidence. If you didnt know, when the dealer gets an Ace high that means every hand automatically pushes.

Believe me, I understand how this could possibly come across to a stranger online, Hell, if I read this I might laugh too. However I guarantee you would think the same if you had witnessed what I have. I have a buddy who is a big time gambler with years of experience and literally millions of dollars wagered, and he wholeheartedly agrees. True story.


I was wondering what others who have played this game thought. And no I am just an insanely unlucky person. I have had dozens of winning sessions at blackjacks and also pai gow, (regular pai gow, not the face up version).
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3564
Thanks for this post from:
ams288SiegfriedRoyCalderbobbartop
January 1st, 2020 at 11:57:16 PM permalink
Quote: Nimadamus

About 15 years ago, a buddy of mine showed me Pai Gow poker, and I also worked as a third party proposition player for one of those gaming corporations you see in the card rooms. I developed a liking for pai poker and that and blackjack were my games of choice. It used to be a decent game, and seemed pretty fair. Win some, lose some. I would bank often and sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldnt. Nothing really alarming.

Now, fast forward to recent years. Not only has regular pai gow seemingly gotten worse (the dealer getting better hands far too often) but Im sure you're aware that recently there has been a new variation called Face up Pai Gow. It is so utterly shameless that it is truly laughable. The dealer gets two pairs, or an ace high (which is a push) so astonishingly reegularly that it cant possibly be random. They will run off 20 Ace highs without ever getting a King or Queen High. I know Im not this unlucky. When they are not getting an Ace high or Pair-Pair they are getting A straight with an Ace, or a flush with a pair, Full house, etc. Maybe one out of every 10 times do they get a bad hand. EVERY TIME. I am not exaggerating and I am absolutely certain that this cant possibly be a coincidence. If you didnt know, when the dealer gets an Ace high that means every hand automatically pushes.

Believe me, I understand how this could possibly come across to a stranger online, Hell, if I read this I might laugh too. However I guarantee you would think the same if you had witnessed what I have. I have a buddy who is a big time gambler with years of experience and literally millions of dollars wagered, and he wholeheartedly agrees. True story.


I was wondering what others who have played this game thought. And no I am just an insanely unlucky person. I have had dozens of winning sessions at blackjacks and also pai gow, (regular pai gow, not the face up version).



Your perception of reality is off. Regular Pai Gow has not gotten worse. It's still the same. You also did not see 20 Ace high Psi Gows before any King or Queen high's. And if your friend thinks the same stuff as you, he's got a real problems gambling millions of dollars on rigged games.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
Joined: Sep 23, 2014
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 430
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
January 2nd, 2020 at 6:18:10 AM permalink
I've logged in about 15 hours of face up pai gows (tables with varying number of players 1v1 to full). I've kept track of how many A-high pai gows I've had so far and it was 18 in the 15 hour session. Of the 18 A-high Pai Gows, I've had 3 that worked in my favor as I had a lower pai gows which resulted in me pushing rather than losing if I had played in a traditional PGP game. 15 hours is a small sample-size, but I can see the allure of this game to new players. I would have to agree with ZCore13.
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 762
Thanks for this post from:
Foragerodiousgambitrdw4potus
January 2nd, 2020 at 7:01:58 AM permalink
Another "game or shuffler is rigged" thread?

Yawn.....
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1777
January 2nd, 2020 at 8:01:38 AM permalink
Quote: SiegfriedRoy

I've logged in about 15 hours of face up pai gows (tables with varying number of players 1v1 to full). I've kept track of how many A-high pai gows I've had so far and it was 18 in the 15 hour session. Of the 18 A-high Pai Gows, I've had 3 that worked in my favor as I had a lower pai gows which resulted in me pushing rather than losing if I had played in a traditional PGP game. 15 hours is a small sample-size, but I can see the allure of this game to new players. I would have to agree with ZCore13.


Same story for me. When I play FUPGP I'll see a dealer ace-high pai gow around once (maybe twice) an hour. The only debate here at WOV has been do you like face up since you'll always play your hand correctly, or do you dislike it since it takes all the skill out of the game.

Nimadamus, if you don't mind, where do you play at?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7224
January 2nd, 2020 at 9:40:49 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

or do you dislike it since it takes all the skill out of the game.



I'm in the dislike camp. It would be no more or less interesting than betting on a coin flip. Or playing baccarat!
Calder
Calder
Joined: Mar 26, 2010
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 508
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
January 2nd, 2020 at 10:54:54 AM permalink
Quote: Nimadamus

...True story...


A phrase that immediately invites skepticism on a message board.
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 942
Thanks for this post from:
ForagerSOOPOObobbartopAxelWolf
January 2nd, 2020 at 11:25:29 AM permalink
It's incredible the depths people will sink to to justify why they lost on a negative expectation game designed to make them lose.
Nimadamus
Nimadamus
Joined: Jan 16, 2016
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 39
January 2nd, 2020 at 8:12:54 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Same story for me. When I play FUPGP I'll see a dealer ace-high pai gow around once (maybe twice) an hour. The only debate here at WOV has been do you like face up since you'll always play your hand correctly, or do you dislike it since it takes all the skill out of the game.

Nimadamus, if you don't mind, where do you play at?



Graton casino in Northern California and Grand Sierra Resort in Reno Nevada
Deucekies
Deucekies
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 1233
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
January 3rd, 2020 at 5:42:05 AM permalink
As a dealer, I've dealt myself ten Ace-highs in a half hour. I've also gone a week without a single Ace-high. Variance is a fickle thing.

If you really saw twenty Ace-highs in such a short span, why didn't you bet the Ace-high bonus? If the shuffler is rigged to give the dealer Ace-highs, it would follow that the Ace-high bonus would be player advantage.
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm

  • Jump to: