GBAM
GBAM
  • Threads: 10
February 26th, 2019 at 5:53:14 AM permalink
New to the forum!

How’s everyone like Double Draw and 3 card blitz? (Not surprised they already dropped dragon poker. Boring)

My girlfriend and I have just started becoming regulars at Foxwoods. We have played craps exclusively for 4-5 years and only went to Twin River to play

Now that we frequent Foxwoods instead we’ve been playing these two new games because they are a slower burn than craps

Blitz is JUST like a family game we play during the holidays called SCAT. We only play $5 a spot so mostly avoid the progressive because it’s not fun to play to lose or break even every hand (we play the flush bet every hand). Had a few nice hits including a $550 royal blitz when we played the progressive on a whim. Anyone think $5 min with only flush no progressive is the way to go?

Double draw has been treating my Girlfriend VERY well. In the last 5 trips, maybe 15-25 hours of play total, she has won with a straight flush 5 times, one trip two almost back to back. I’ve hit 4 aces once but neither of us have hit for 5. Again we only play $5 a spot and think we do a pretty decent job of playing with a bit of strategy. One thing we have seen is a few people folding before the first draw. Why would you ever do that? We have seen 3 of a kind come from our first 3 card trade a few times, and a random pair even more.

One other move we like to make is parlaying when we hit 3oK, to play our next hand at $10 instead $5. Folding after the first draw means we still made $5, losing breaks even, and we have a good chance at a nicer payout for something like a full house or a cool 5k

Just looking for some conversation about the two games because I barely see ANYONE talking about blitz
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
February 26th, 2019 at 6:18:28 AM permalink
Quote: GBAM

Blitz is JUST like a family game we play during the holidays called SCAT.

If you were a fan of Scat, you may like these games as well.

31 Classic

That game is just like the game of Scat you know.

Here are some other variations

Money$uit 31

Double Shot 31

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the games vs one another. Money$uit 31 and 31 Classic are true to form Scat variants in terms of game structure. These games have been on the market for many years predating 3 Card Blitz, which was just released and immediately installed in the northeast. 31 Classic is in the process of gaining approval to launch in Miss. and is approved for play in NV and soon to be WA and MIss.
GBAM
GBAM
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
mrsuit31
March 4th, 2019 at 7:37:27 PM permalink
Hi!

Thanks for sharing those with me! So cool that you made them. If any of these were in CT/MA my GF and I would Surely play them. I’m on my phone so I played them a little. One constructive feed back is that the tables are a bit cluttered and the artwork/gradients make it look dated. Maybe they show up different in real life?

One thing we like about Blitz is that the sidebets payout pays even if you’re dealt a losing hand. Is this the same in your games? There are SO MANY side bets that sometimes I might lose track of the fact that I’m even looking for good scat hands. But maybe I’d just need to play in real life

I suppose what it would come down to is if people like playing against a dealer or a pay table more. Like i said if we ever find the table we’d definitely sit and play for a bit! Hope we get a chance to
  • Jump to: