odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 14th, 2010 at 7:29:04 AM permalink
Are there particular mistakes a dealer makes that you should look for to protect yourself?
For example, is there a situation where they don't follow the house way, to your disadvantage?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 14th, 2010 at 8:48:40 AM permalink
I think its Pai Gow that has "The House Way".

Baccarat misdeals do occur but rarely since most Bacc dealers are required to talk their game and this allows the players to realize what is going on.

Bacc dealers do make mistakes and they may be "newbies" too.

Watch for:
Taking a Banker or Player bet when it is a TIE. Thats a push, but some dealers don't seem to know that.
Wrong commission calculations.
Charging you a commission on a Toke Bet.
Mistakenly charging you a commission on a Player bet.
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
June 14th, 2010 at 9:01:20 AM permalink
they could also make a mistake when following the banker card drawing table (although I've never knowingly seen this). You should know the table just in case.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 14th, 2010 at 10:52:06 AM permalink
Quote: dwheatley

...the banker card drawing table...

that's what I meant by the House Way. Sorry to screw that up.

thanks for the tips guys
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: