SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
May 1st, 2014 at 3:57:08 PM permalink
I have a feeling it doesn't matter, but I will ask anyways in hopes of gaining knowledge.
In studying two poker games, Caribbean Stud, and Mississippi Stud, I have noticed that it seems the chances of getting a better hand comes in Caribbean Stud over Mississippi Stud. My thought is, at a full table of Mississippi Stud, six players, has only 15 of 52 cards on the table, and therefore really limiting the entire table of getting a good hand. Now in Caribbean Stud, the table seats seven I believe, and would have 40 of 52 cards out on the table. It seems to me, there are more playable hands out.

Just looking for some thoughts on why? Is it because one game relies on the three community cards?
I know the cards are random, but in my at home tests, the less players I have used, the quicker players go bankrupt.
Is it better to wait for a full table?

I have yet to play either game live.

Thanks! :-)
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 1st, 2014 at 4:01:01 PM permalink
The amount of players has no effect on you.

With more players, there are obviously going to be more playable hands out there. Duh. It's easier to find someone with a playable hand if you're looking at 7 hands...than if you're only looking at your own hand. That doesn't mean it effects you in any way, though.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
May 1st, 2014 at 4:08:45 PM permalink
Also with less players you play more hands per hour. So you will lose less money IN the long run if you play at full tables.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
May 1st, 2014 at 6:20:02 PM permalink
So why does Pai Gow Poker deal to all players, even non-existant ones?
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
May 1st, 2014 at 6:29:40 PM permalink
Quote: SkittleCar1

So why does Pai Gow Poker deal to all players, even non-existant ones?

Because Asian players are notoriously superstitious, and they would flip out if someone sits down in an empty seat when the dealer is "cold," thus "changing the order of the cards." Same with someone spreading to two hands. By dealing to every spot, these superstitions are avoided.

The same spot always gets the hand he was "supposed" to get -- which makes superstitious players feel better. Someone can't sit in an empty seat next to you and get dealt "your" royal flush on the very next hand.

In reality, dealing to each spot or not doesn't change anything at all. All the cards are random and you have the same chance of getting any hand regardless of how many other players are in the game.
grbjdealer
grbjdealer
  • Threads: 1
May 19th, 2014 at 8:33:04 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Because Asian players are notoriously superstitious, and they would flip out if someone sits down in an empty seat when the dealer is "cold," thus "changing the order of the cards." Same with someone spreading to two hands. By dealing to every spot, these superstitions are avoided.

The same spot always gets the hand he was "supposed" to get -- which makes superstitious players feel better. Someone can't sit in an empty seat next to you and get dealt "your" royal flush on the very next hand.

In reality, dealing to each spot or not doesn't change anything at all. All the cards are random and you have the same chance of getting any hand regardless of how many other players are in the game.

Except for the SUPER superstitious players who think that lighting the progressive will change the RNG and alter the order of the hands when a new player sits...
Math doesn't have a "feeling"!
  • Jump to: