Thread Rating:

Riva
Riva
  • Threads: 73
December 12th, 2013 at 2:24:47 PM permalink
Thinking about purchasing a used roulette numbers display board. Reading up on this product and they claim to increase wagering as well as to keep players at the tables longer. This would be used at charitable gaming event however, it's real money wagering. Just trying to increase the house's take wherever possible.

Thanks.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 12th, 2013 at 4:00:09 PM permalink
It will increase play, particularly if its reliable. Its at a high altitude so it can be seen far off despite crowds of people. Whether its the wisest investment you can make for your Vegas Nights Charity is up to you. A second roulette wheel might bring in more money than the annunciator would, I don't know. Better food, colder drinks, longer breaks for dealers? Beats me.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 12th, 2013 at 4:10:50 PM permalink
When they started using the electric tote boards,
the hold for roulette went up 30% overnight. Just
make sure the camera is working on what you buy,
that's what always screws up.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Riva
Riva
December 12th, 2013 at 4:37:58 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

It will increase play, particularly if its reliable. Its at a high altitude so it can be seen far off despite crowds of people. Whether its the wisest investment you can make for your Vegas Nights Charity is up to you. A second roulette wheel might bring in more money than the annunciator would, I don't know. Better food, colder drinks, longer breaks for dealers? Beats me.

Well, I just got a quote from a re-seller @ $3,500 per unit, plus shipping. And, I/we have 2 tables, each 20' long w/2 layouts on each.

On a REALLY good night we might make $3,000-$4,000 on each table. So, if this thing can provide a 20%-30% overall lift, that's a smart investment over the long haul, in my opinion. I have to figure though, that the biggest cost factor is the camera and intuitive technology that translates the winning number to the board.

Perhaps an off-the-shelf LED board could accomplish the same thing with somebody simply punching in the winning number every spin. Heck, the chip-mucker (volunteer) in the middle could easily do that job.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 12th, 2013 at 4:54:19 PM permalink
Quote: Riva

Perhaps an off-the-shelf LED board could accomplish the same thing with somebody simply punching in the winning number every spin. Heck, the chip-mucker (volunteer) in the middle could easily do that job.

Do that, don't spend all the money on a tote board.
Do it manually, much more cost effective. The
dealer enters the info manually on the bac tote
boards, it's easy.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Riva
Riva
December 12th, 2013 at 5:20:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Do that, don't spend all the money on a tote board.
Do it manually, much more cost effective. The
dealer enters the info manually on the bac tote
boards, it's easy.

Any specific product/brand suggestions? A technology guy, I am not!
  • Jump to: