derik999
derik999
  • Threads: 15
April 17th, 2010 at 8:27:59 AM permalink
Though nothing of epic proportions, I had an interesting situation last Sunday while playing BJ. I was dealt two aces, split and got a card each. Instead of moving on to the next player, the dealer waited for me to make up my mind to stand or take a hit. Neither of us were paying attention to the fact that I shouldn't be getting another card, so I doubled down on both and had $80 bucks on two hands. I ended up losing both hands and while the dealer was getting ready to deal the next hand the mental fog cleared and I told her that I just doubled down on aces. She calls over the pit boss and tells her the situation with a tone and mannerism that showed she was at fault and wanted me to get my money back. The pit boss was trying to word the situation in a way that would deny me getting my money back, saying that I took the card knowing I had split aces, which wasn't true. Another pit boss, a little higher up on the food chain, came over and then had security check out the footage since everyone else at the table but one person had lost their hand. The dealer screw up could have made the difference between a winning and losing hand for the rest so we all got our money back, which was cool. I think the dealer slipped into the Spanish 21 mindset during that hand.
  • Jump to: