Thread Rating:

JeffR
JeffR
  • Threads: 20
August 17th, 2013 at 1:26:01 PM permalink
Hi everyone. I love to play pai gow poker and was wondering if anyone has a press strategy they can share with me. I typically flat beat 25/hand but i dont have a problem increasing if i am on a streak.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 17th, 2013 at 1:30:57 PM permalink
The size of your bet really doesn't matter. I'll adjust my bet to impact the commission on my next win, but that's about it. As an example, if it's time to go and I have $3.25 in front of me, I might bet $65 instead of $25 or $40.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
August 17th, 2013 at 1:55:12 PM permalink
Quote: JeffR

Hi everyone. I love to play pai gow poker and was wondering if anyone has a press strategy they can share with me. I typically flat beat 25/hand but i dont have a problem increasing if i am on a streak.

My favorite game, along with craps.

1. I DO increase on streaks - but ONLY because my bankroll grows. Increased $$ for me means increase intensity on the action. This I'm into. But every deal is a separate trial - (and often I'm guilty)
2. I do bet the side bets at at least $5, and not only because of envy, but because I like the action. My usual starting betting sequence $5-$25-$5.
3. Of course I play the Excellent commission-free version, EZ Pai Gow. What a game !!!
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
ddloml
ddloml
  • Threads: 1
August 17th, 2013 at 1:57:18 PM permalink
I'm a low roller PGP player. $100 buy in at a $10 table. I'll use a Fibonnaci (sp?) sequence as I win. So it's $10, $10, $20, $30, $50, $80, etc. When I lose a hand I drop to $10 and start again. If I lose 3 in a row, I quit. I usually can play this way for hours, and I usually leave with something, either a small win or a small loss. I've made it past the $50 bet a few times, but I've never won the $80 bet.
  • Jump to: