AndyLucian
AndyLucian
  • Threads: 2
April 12th, 2010 at 6:23:16 PM permalink
i've been playing the practice table on Bodog, where if having placed an ante bet, i then make a play bet/raise, if the dealer doesn't get a queen i win on the ante bet and get pushed on the other, however having read the guide on here, the table suggests that if the dealer doesn't make a Queen or better, then all ante's are pushed as well, is this correct?
Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
April 12th, 2010 at 6:35:46 PM permalink
There are two diffrent rules sometimes used on this- the common one thats usually found is if the dealer does not qualify yyour ante is a win and your raise is a push- some I have heard say that the dealer qualifying with a Q only refers to the raise and your ante is still yoru hihg card vs dealers high card and as such can still be a loss- im sure its possible some have the push stipulation as well.
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
April 12th, 2010 at 8:04:08 PM permalink
Quote: AndyLucian

i've been playing the practice table on Bodog, where if having placed an ante bet, i then make a play bet/raise, if the dealer doesn't get a queen i win on the ante bet and get pushed on the other, however having read the guide on here, the table suggests that if the dealer doesn't make a Queen or better, then all ante's are pushed as well, is this correct?

No. If the dealer doesn't qualify with a queen high or better, then the ante wins 1-1, the raise pushes, and there are still atne bonuses for a straight or higher. What was it about my rules that you interpreted otherwise?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 12th, 2010 at 8:24:27 PM permalink
Wizard: Don't mean to be out of place with this post, but as I read your WoV guide for 3CP, it appears that the pay table mentioned in item #8 might actually be missing from the guide. Not sure.
AndyLucian
AndyLucian
  • Threads: 2
April 12th, 2010 at 11:58:08 PM permalink
Wizard and Doc, thanks for the prompt reply - yes the only table I can see suggests ante's are push bets ie 0to0.
  • Jump to: