yarman
yarman
  • Threads: 2
December 9th, 2012 at 1:39:22 PM permalink
Using the Wizard's Mississippi Stud strategy on his WoO site, I designed a strategy card small enough to carry in my wallet. My only question about his strategy concerns rule #8 of 4 card wagers (Raise 1x with one high card and two previous 3x raises).  If one was to have followed his strategy, I cannot see how that situation could ever arise. Wouldn't it only occur if one had previously deviated from his strategy?  Or am I missing something?  I am hoping that he and others will look my card over. I sure would appreciate anyone pointing out mistakes that I might have made. Any critiques would be greatly appreciated.  In all cases it has the minimum hand required to make any wager, with it being understood that any better hand would more than meet those requirements. Abbreviations are used to be as concise as possible.  See explanations and definitions at the bottom of the card. Thanks to tringlomane for explaining how to post a jpg of my card on this site.

yarman
Everyone has a right to their own problems.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 9th, 2012 at 2:01:10 PM permalink
Looks good. And yeah, I think 1H w/2P is impossible if you are playing optimally on previous streets.

To post a jpeg of the card, you need to host the file on a site like photobucket and post the link here under image tags.

Then find the destination address and surround it in brackets (brackets missing in example address for viewing purposes):
img=www.photobucket.com/your_account/MSStrat.jpg

Example pic from my video poker exploits (click on quote below my post to see the html code for the picture):

yarman
yarman
December 10th, 2012 at 7:00:10 AM permalink
tringlomane,
I sure do appreciate the technical help. Never dabbled in this particular area before. Nice poker hand.
yarman
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
December 10th, 2012 at 7:52:13 AM permalink
Quote: yarman

My only question about his strategy concerns rule #8 of 4 card wagers (Raise 1x with one high card and two previous 3x raises).  If one was to have followed his strategy, I cannot see how that situation could ever arise. Wouldn't it only occur if one had previously deviated from his strategy?

With games like Mississippi Stud, you must analyze them backwards, so to speak. You must first analyze every situation where two community cards are exposed. Using this information, you can then analyze every situation where there is only one community card exposed. Then with that information, you can analyze every starting hand before any community cards have been exposed.

So the 5th street strategy was necessarily calculated first, therefore that's probably why the play in question is listed, is because he could not yet have known at the time that it would be a dead play.
yarman
yarman
December 10th, 2012 at 9:07:32 AM permalink
Quote: JB

With games like Mississippi Stud, you must analyze them backwards, so to speak. You must first analyze every situation where two community cards are exposed. Using this information, you can then analyze every situation where there is only one community card exposed. Then with that information, you can analyze every starting hand before any community cards have been exposed.

So the 5th street strategy was necessarily calculated before the 4th street and 3rd street strategies were, therefore that's probably why it's listed, is because he was assembling the strategy in reverse order and could not yet have known that it would be a dead play.

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.
  • Jump to: